NHL: Team Lidstrom one-ups Staal | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Sorry, Team Staal, Team Lidstrom felt right at home in Carolina. Eric Staal had the No.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
nash who

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

complete CBJ EMBARRASSMENT.......EMBARRASSM ENT for the State and the City.....Nothing but EMBARRASSMENT!!! what a pathetic joke
who

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

embarrassing
JohnnyMundy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

nash who wrote:
complete CBJ EMBARRASSMENT.......EMBARRASSM ENT for the State and the City.....Nothing but EMBARRASSMENT!!! what a pathetic joke
What game were you (and your alter ego, "who" (really, is that the best you can do?)) watching? Nasher had a goal and an assist. Not exactly chump change.
JohnnyMundy

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Recovery Winter wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it humorous to see Nash being constantly getting trashed by these know nothings on here. Yet the elite talent in the league, the players who know, selected him 9th overall for the All Star Game draft.
Kinda puts these fools remarks in the context they deserve. Just a bunch of blathering blowhards.
Well said. Nice use of alliteration, too.
TKG

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

Recovery Winter wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it humorous to see Nash being constantly getting trashed by these know nothings on here. Yet the elite talent in the league, the players who know, selected him 9th overall for the All Star Game draft.
Kinda puts these fools remarks in the context they deserve. Just a bunch of blathering blowhards.
Nash has talent, there's no doubt about that. What is also obvious is that he is not cut out to be a leader. Nash is at his best when he can play a role. In the Olympics he was on the third line and accepted his place in the middle of that pack. It was more of the same in the All Star Game. Nash had a good game, but he let other players provide the leadership.

Nash shouldn't be wearing the "C" and because he's been groomed to be the leader of this franchise since he was drafted, it's highly unlikely anybody else will get it while he's here.

Where do you think the losing comes from? Is it a lack of talent? Fine trade Nash, get some prospects and land a respectable draft pick.

But it's not lack of talent. It's lack of desire and motivation. This team was built on complacency. Fans were told to be patient and let them build a winner, that you can't win a Stanley cup in two or three years. When they drafted Nash this organization wrapped him in a cocoon and protected him from high expectations. Well, it's been 10 years and we haven't even sniffed legimate contention. One playoff berth? And then these coddled players turned on Hitch and proceeded to stink their way to a losing record the following year.

Has Nash ever stood up for a coach? Has he ever challenged a player who was slacking? No. Adam Foote was here making a fool of himself and the CBJ and Nash didn't do a thing. He could have taken a stand and shown some pride in his club back then but he didn't. In fact, he never does anything you'd expect a leader to do.

There's no question that Nash does great things on the ice, but more is expected of him. If he isn't able to live up to those expectations he needs to go.

No sir, fans aren't stupid. Most people know that Nash has talent, but Columbus fans are wondering when he's going to man up and lead this team to a title. That's what stars do. It's not just about goals and assists. It's about laying down the law in the clubhouse, making sure that everybody is on the same page as the coach and calling people out when they don't give their best out there. Nash doesn't do that. He's not wired that way and because of that, he needs to go. He'd be a great sidekick to somebody who does, but the Blue Jackets don't need a talented second banana, they need a lead dog. Nash isn't it.
TKG

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2011

Judged:

The fact that Nash doesn't want out of here speaks volumes. CBJ fans think that it's a sign of class on his part, but I think it's a sign of weakness. Seriously, how many years of losing can a guy take?

As a sports fan, I want guys who abhor losing. I have to give Carson Palmer some credit for wanting out of Cincy. He's tired of all the BS. He's tired of watching cheapskate Mike Brown make bad personnel moves because he doesn't have a good scouting department and he's sick of being surrounded by a bunch of drama queens who are more concerned about their Twitter hits than they are with scoring touchdowns.

I wish Nash would show some backbone and tell the CBJ that he's tired of being the main attraction on a failing franchise. The problem is that Nash likes it here. He didn't want to go to Toronto where rabid Leafs' fans would expect a Stanley Cup in his first year there, he wanted to stay in Columbus where the 3 or 4 thousand loyal CBJ fans will continue to sing his praises while the rest of us wonder about the next Buckeye recruiting class.

It's so easy here in Columbus. So comfy. It's like a Snuggy for NHL players who don't have heart.

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2011

It's painfully obvious that Rick Nash is not a leader. He will never achieve success in Columbus because he's not the kind of guy you build a franchise around. He's like Scottie Pippen, he's really good but without a Michael Jordan on hand to set the tone and lead the team, he's a loser who posts nice stats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Eric Staal Discussions

Search the Eric Staal Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Back To Work - A Few Quick Thoughts Feb '14 jaBo 1
Couple of Questions (Mar '12) Mar '12 angelt610 1
NHL: Team Lidstrom one-ups Staal | BlueJacketsXtra (Jan '11) Jan '11 Las Vegas Fred 1
Bri re's two goals lift Lidstrom's all-stars (Jan '11) Jan '11 Marissa 2 1
NHL notebook: All-Star draft adds buzz | BlueJa... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Las Vegas Fred 1
It's official: Devils leave Lowell for Albany, ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Phil Esposito 31
Tomas Vokoun makes 31 saves for second straight... (Nov '09) Nov '09 Okuba_Toshimichi 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••