Rangers catch break and Renney wants some levity

Full story: Newsday 14
With Ottawa making the first significant pre-deadline NHL trade Monday, the Rangers had one more thing to absorb as they began a five-day break before returning to action Saturday. Full Story
michaela

AOL

#1 Feb 12, 2008
the rangers will make the playoffs the rangers will trade with the blackhawksks for a 22year old defenseman and awing named eager.mr marek malik is going to la kings along with marcel hossa.mr. montoya may be going to pheonix to reunite with the man,don maloney who drafted him.slats may be a hall of fame gm but third of alltime ranger gms#stanley cup ranger gm neil smith,please bring him back#2 emile the eal francis and third glen slats sather.it could be worse we could have had mike the moron milbury.he belongs where he is a loser.
Bender

Valley Stream, NY

#2 Feb 12, 2008
michaela wrote:
the rangers will make the playoffs the rangers will trade with the blackhawksks for a 22year old defenseman and awing named eager.mr marek malik is going to la kings along with marcel hossa.mr. montoya may be going to pheonix to reunite with the man,don maloney who drafted him.slats may be a hall of fame gm but third of alltime ranger gms#stanley cup ranger gm neil smith,please bring him back#2 emile the eal francis and third glen slats sather.it could be worse we could have had mike the moron milbury.he belongs where he is a loser.
Wow. All those words and you didn't make a bit of sense. Why don't you try to brushing up on your grammar? I guess that to be expected from a Rags fan though.

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. All those words and you didn't make a bit of sense. Why don't you try to brushing up on your grammar? I guess that to be expected from a Rags fan though.
does your name, bender, refer to your skating skills $ucking???'cause it sure does refer to your own lack of grammar and reading comprehension skills. i can't attest to the accuracy of the content of her post, but i didn't have a problem understanding what she was saying. so i guess that's all you got mr. islander fan...playing grammar police and the same old tired rags insults???
rangergiRL in alabama

United States

#4 Feb 12, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> does your name, bender, refer to your skating skills $ucking???'cause it sure does refer to your own lack of grammar and reading comprehension skills. i can't attest to the accuracy of the content of her post, but i didn't have a problem understanding what she was saying. so i guess that's all you got mr. islander fan...playing grammar police and the same old tired rags insults???
I always thought his name was a reference to the character in Futurama. And honestly, I had a hard time deciphering that post! I had to read it 3 times lol...then again I am tired.
Ralph

Long Island City, NY

#5 Feb 12, 2008
michaela wrote:
In what year will the Rangers make the playoffs? It seems like whenever they get big name players they fail. The last two years they did well without a lot of big names. Then you have this year. Unless they play more games then the rest of the teams, their chances do not look good.
Bender

Valley Stream, NY

#6 Feb 12, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> does your name, bender, refer to your skating skills $ucking???'cause it sure does refer to your own lack of grammar and reading comprehension skills. i can't attest to the accuracy of the content of her post, but i didn't have a problem understanding what she was saying. so i guess that's all you got mr. islander fan...playing grammar police and the same old tired rags insults???
It does indeed refer to Futurama. If you know what she was saying, please explain, I would love to read a coherent version of the crap that was posted earlier. And my grammar was just fine, thank you, unlike yours. Perhaps you need a few more years of school as well.

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#9 Feb 12, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
It does indeed refer to Futurama. If you know what she was saying, please explain, I would love to read a coherent version of the crap that was posted earlier. And my grammar was just fine, thank you, unlike yours. Perhaps you need a few more years of school as well.
you're the one playing grammar police, make your own translations or just skip a post that offends your delicate sensibilities. tell yourself all you like that your post contained no errors...it doesn't make it so, but if it makes you feel better then that's fine, too. "bender" can also be an unflattering hockey player nickname. i jumped to the wrong conclusion considering the subject of this thread.

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#10 Feb 12, 2008
rangergiRL in alabama wrote:
<quoted text>
I always thought his name was a reference to the character in Futurama. And honestly, I had a hard time deciphering that post! I had to read it 3 times lol...then again I am tired.
i'm not familiar with futurama, just with the hockey reference. and although i'm not tired, grammar police do make me grumpy, lol. pick up a few more mood swings and we could be the seven dwarfs. i guess from proofreading the kids i'm used to run-on sentences, though.

“LETS GO RANGERS”

Since: Apr 07

United States

#11 Feb 13, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Stick to the Islanders board jerk

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#12 Feb 13, 2008
Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
In what year will the Rangers make the playoffs? It seems like whenever they get big name players they fail. The last two years they did well without a lot of big names. Then you have this year. Unless they play more games then the rest of the teams, their chances do not look good.
Looks to me they're still in the running.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/standings...

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#13 Feb 13, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks to me they're still in the running.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/standings...
most definitely still in the running...so fellow ranger fan, how is it you have the same name as the isle fan? what exactly does it mean, if you don't mind my asking?

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> most definitely still in the running...so fellow ranger fan, how is it you have the same name as the isle fan? what exactly does it mean, if you don't mind my asking?
You've got to ask him/her, I was here first.

“LETS GO RANGERS”

United States

#15 Feb 14, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> most definitely still in the running...so fellow ranger fan, how is it you have the same name as the isle fan? what exactly does it mean, if you don't mind my asking?
Benders a cartoon character that drinks beer and smokes cigars, check the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender_ (Futurama)

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#16 Feb 14, 2008
Bender wrote:
<quoted text>
Benders a cartoon character that drinks beer and smokes cigars, check the link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bender_ (Futurama)
checked it out and i've actually seen this character before, but didn't know his name or the show's name. seeing the name on a hockey thread, i automatically thought of bender being short for ankle-bender (unflattering player term.) oh well, not the first time i've been wrong, lol. thanks for the link and the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eaves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wisconsin's Blake Geoffrion wins Hobey Baker Award (Apr '10) Apr '10 Weak Weak 1
Bruins Deal Ward To 'Canes For Pick And Eaves; ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Jack Tupp 2
Hurricanes sign Eaves to three-year deal (Jun '08) Jun '08 jacky 1
Anaheim ready to eliminate Ottawa (Jun '07) Jun '07 Mr P 1
More from around the web