Kings 6, Blue Jackets 4: Jackets show...

Kings 6, Blue Jackets 4: Jackets show spirit with rally, but fall short | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 17 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 9, 2011, titled Kings 6, Blue Jackets 4: Jackets show spirit with rally, but fall short | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

At some point in the second period last night, the Blue Jackets stopped looking toward general manager Scott Howson to save them and retrained their minds to the task at hand.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

good bye

Bucyrus, OH

#1 Jan 9, 2011
another lifeless loss. got the chance to listen to Howson make more and more excuses last night between the first and second periods on Fox Sports. it became quite clear as we listened last night, that this clueless GM has no intentions of making any trades to help this team or help improve the roster. it became even more clear that he is willing to let this team lose for many many more seasons to come, no matter what the fans say or do. Howson's comments last night drove home the final nail in our choice never to buy any more Blue Jackets tickets. He showed us last night that he does NOT care about this team and he surely does NOT care about any of the fan base. the team needs a major overhaul in the defensive core and could use a real scoring winger. getting a center through trade would help.....IF.......said center was a play making play maker. Howson showed the world last night that this team is a bad financial investment on all levels, and it is the worst financial investment on any ticket buying level. these fans will find better use of their money for any entertainment value and find a new professional hockey team to spend our money with. we refuse to spend money with a franchise that JUST DONT CARE!!!!!!!!!! GOOD BYE Blue Jackets.
Simpson

Bucyrus, OH

#2 Jan 9, 2011
quitters
Aaron Tom

Westerville, OH

#4 Jan 9, 2011
Why do people still cover the Jackets?
RichardHarkin

Bucyrus, OH

#5 Jan 9, 2011
It is LOSING hockey. WHO CARES! Cheap owners. They wont change!!!!!!!
dennis orcutt

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 9, 2011
Our Hockey Club is a laughing stock and stepping stone and will continue to be until the old and tired overpaid Nash and Kleska are put out to pasture and we bring in more people like R. J. Umberger who will skate hard for sixty minutes and fight for the puck. Our defense is lazy ,our enforcers can't fight that well and our captain is a lazy douche bag. I feel sorry for Scott Arneil to have to coach a bunch of young divas that have'nt done anything to be a diva about. It is no wonder in the offseason every good coaching canidate ran from this job. The Mc Connels deserve better ,the city deserves better and most importantly the fans that pay these bums deserve better. I am tired of glimpses of brillance. Play Hockey or leave. The true hockey fans around here are starting to want the ECHL Columbus Chill franchise back. At least they would skate hard every night.
thomas

Bucyrus, OH

#7 Jan 9, 2011
PATHETIC WEAK quitters, thats our Jackets, thats our ownership. Quitters
gutless

Bucyrus, OH

#9 Jan 9, 2011
heartless, gutless, no effort bad players
bosco

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 9, 2011
jackets! LOL
Steve Irwin

Columbus, OH

#11 Jan 9, 2011
The sooner they move this embarrassment to Quebec the better.
Moore

Bucyrus, OH

#12 Jan 9, 2011
Lots of spam and clueless icons coming from quote un quote fans who have never bought any tickets or paid for any PSL. That makes them as clueless and the icons they post. If this people ever really bought tickets, they would have a far different opinion. Just clueless people who find a need to voice
Smith

Bucyrus, OH

#13 Jan 9, 2011
LOL..what a laughing stock this club is
Geof Smith

Bucyrus, OH

#14 Jan 9, 2011
embarrassing embarrassment!!!!
Johnny D

AOL

#16 Jan 9, 2011
Fire Howson ! He put this "Care Free" group together. JOKE !
bosco

Columbus, OH

#17 Jan 9, 2011
I repeat: jackets! LOL
wake up

Roy, WA

#18 Jan 9, 2011
You're just mad cause you bought season tickets to watch these loosers--numnuts.
Moore wrote:
Lots of spam and clueless icons coming from quote un quote fans who have never bought any tickets or paid for any PSL. That makes them as clueless and the icons they post. If this people ever really bought tickets, they would have a far different opinion. Just clueless people who find a need to voice
Pathetic

Wellston, OH

#19 Jan 9, 2011
When is the Dispatch actually going to report on the CBJ instead of treating them like they are a Upwards Hockey team where everybody gets a sticker and everybody is a winner when they play...........this is a professional team and their play is beyond pathetic, they are lazy, apparently have little self pride and I'm all for making some serious trades, put Nash out there, I'm sure there will be some good offeres for him. I can't take watching the same thing year after year, it's time for a serious overhaul.
puckhead

Reynoldsburg, OH

#20 Jan 9, 2011
This seems like another example of them playing hard only when they feel like it. They don't have motivation, they have "motivation du jour".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dustin Brown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blackhawks, Kings hungry for another Stanley Cu... Apr '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News Los Angeles Kings raise their 1st Stanley Cup b... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sandy 1
News Kings GM Dean Lombardi's contract extension is ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 just asking 1
News Stanley Cup on the Sand in Manhattan Beach (Jun '12) Jun '12 Roy 1
News L.A. Kings: Drinking chocolate milk out of the ... (Jun '12) Jun '12 ImThatDudeTim 3
News Kings-Blues Game 4 Preview: Morning People, Sta... (May '12) May '12 Old School Blues Fan 1
News Blackhawks Vs. Kings: Chicago Loses 2nd Straigh... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Reg 1
More from around the web