Blackhawks win record 9th straight

Blackhawks win record 9th straight

There are 51 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Blackhawks win record 9th straight. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

After the Blackhawks' latest conquest, general manager Dale Tallon had a question: "When was the last time we won nine in a row?" That would be never.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hydeparkLuke

United States

#42 Dec 29, 2008
BRAVO!!!! MUCH continued success to the almighty Black Hawks!!!.

The Black Hawks are a breath of fresh air for the city and all chicago sports fan

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#43 Dec 29, 2008
RamRod - Don't go away for too long, we love to read your posts ok.

Tony - The only comment that I am going to make is that I hate the Wings, especially their Jersey, to me it is one of the ugliest in professional sports. Now their Winter Classic Jersey looks good, but I still hate that team.

La Crosse, WI

#44 Dec 29, 2008
RamRod: Man, whatever is going on you will be thought of by me. Chico
Paul

Chicago, IL

#45 Dec 29, 2008
I said this before the success but the Hawks are a sleeping giant. They have a good chance of being good for an awfully long time.

There will be growing pains just ask the Wings before there run of greatness. Ask any Wings fan about the Edmonton teams of the late 80's?

Ask them about the disappointing series against the Ducks?

To be the best, you have to beat the best.
retcop

Palatine, IL

#46 Dec 29, 2008
Ramrod...you're in my prayers...peace.
Thin The Herd

Milwaukee, WI

#47 Dec 29, 2008
As usual, the Trib choses to devote much of its space to the losing bears, rather than highlight the WINNING Blackhawks.

No wonder the Trib is seeing all kinds of layoffs.
Thin The Herd

Milwaukee, WI

#48 Dec 29, 2008
Jim wrote:
Another solid win. I guess Im an eternal pessimist, but it sort of sucks were due for a loss with two Detroit games coming up.
Long win streaks usually end with a couple games where the team plays poorly, but still manages to triumph.

The Hawks aren't at that point (despite what Miko "thinks"). They're playing well, no one taking wins for granted and making lazy plays, etc.

I think the Hawks will win on Thursday, and have an excellent shot at beating the Wings tomorrow.
paul

Fergus, Canada

#49 Dec 29, 2008
Ramrod you are in our thoughts and we will miss your posts. Keep the spirit up and hang in there. When things get better, and we all pray that will be soon, we will hear from you again. In the meantime GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!
Paul from London,Ont.

La Crosse, WI

#50 Dec 29, 2008
Paul: I am enjoying the World Junior Tournament on the NHL Network! I am watching every game when I'm not watching the Blackhawks or hanging out at the rink with the boys! My money is on Canada again with the U.S. boys 2nd. What do you think?
WrecksAlwaysSux

King Of Prussia, PA

#51 Dec 29, 2008
Funny stuff:

http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/29/...

"On the first day of free agency, Marian Gaborik signs a five-year contract
with Calgary. The next day, Darryl Sutter announces he has signed Jacques
Lemaire to coach the Flames and Gaborik is put on suicide watch."
paul

Fergus, Canada

#52 Dec 30, 2008
Chico17 wrote:
Paul: I am enjoying the World Junior Tournament on the NHL Network! I am watching every game when I'm not watching the Blackhawks or hanging out at the rink with the boys! My money is on Canada again with the U.S. boys 2nd. What do you think?
Chico17
I have seen some articles in the Canadian press that feel the US team is the best one in the tournament.I guess part of that discussion will be solved on Dec.31 when they play each other. The key to a Canadian win is conrolling the Amaerican's big line that is arguably the best in the tournament. The key to an American win is avoiding penalties because the Canadian power play has been deadly at around 62%. Our goaltending is still uncertain because so far they haven't been put in a position to really be tested and the last 2 years Cory Price and Steve Mason carried us. I feel we and the USA will be 1-2 and you pick 'em. The Swedes and Russians can be a handful as well so he playoff rounds are going to be great hockey. I notice a lot more of the players from all teams are playing in the Canadian junior leagues. Good for them it gives them a good insight into our game and how to handle us. They also will be more used to the smaller ice surface which was abig advantage for Canada. God it's a great game!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web