Blackhawks win record 9th straight

Blackhawks win record 9th straight

There are 51 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Blackhawks win record 9th straight. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

After the Blackhawks' latest conquest, general manager Dale Tallon had a question: "When was the last time we won nine in a row?" That would be never.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lone Ranger

Chicago, IL

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Chris, very good story. Now, if you can talk to McGrath or some of the higher ups at the Trib about terminating Rick Morrissey, maybe someday I will buy a copy of the Trib again.
Ken in Baltimore

Rosedale, MD

#3 Dec 28, 2008
Oh, Morrissey's not that bad. You want bad? You should read some of the Sun's columnists. Rick Maese is young and stupid, David Steele plays the race card on everything, Ray Frager thinks he's a comedian(trust me, he's not), so does Peter Schmuck, but at least Schmuck knows what he's talking about, and Childs Walker is another brainless wonder. Mike Preston isnt horrible but Candus Thompson is more man than I am.

So Lone Ranger, be thankful there's Morrissey in Chicagoland(but Mariotti is an idiot, good riddance, I had to put that in) and not this cast of idiots we have to deal with in Baltimore. And dont get me started on the broadcast media here in Charm City, they make the paper people look like geniuses. Oy.

Since: Aug 08

Taylor Street

#4 Dec 28, 2008
"Nine wins in a row show something about the team, but they are not that good," Wild leading scorer Mikko Koivu.
Tack that to the friggin' board.
Jim

Chicago, IL

#5 Dec 29, 2008
Another solid win. I guess Im an eternal pessimist, but it sort of sucks were due for a loss with two Detroit games coming up.
Bill

Denver, CO

#6 Dec 29, 2008
Jim in Virginia.. Ive got to agree with you on that one, what a stupid thing for Koivu to say.

This home and home promises to be a good one depending on which Wings team shows up; the one that blanked the Sharks in near perfect style a couple of weeks back, or the one that couldnt get on track against the Preds.

Its hard to believe the article on this game in the Toronto Globe and Mail has as many posts as does this one in Hawks-land.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/...
u gotta be kidding

Hoffman Estates, IL

#7 Dec 29, 2008
Detroit will show what they are made of.
ruddie64

El Segundo, CA

#8 Dec 29, 2008
Who the heck is Mikko Koivu? Sour grapes, the Hawks dominated in every facet of the game. The powerful Wild managed 19 shots on goal. What a great offense!!!
Section 319

Munster, IN

#9 Dec 29, 2008
Hey, Koivu, wake up chump. The Blackhawks are that good. Bring on the Red Wings!

Let's Go Hawks!
JG in SC

United States

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Anytime the Trib wants to shelf the Bears and Bulls in favor of a winning team with a winning attitude is fine by me.
Section 317

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 29, 2008
I'm seeing it - but its still hard to believe.

During the 5-1 win against the Flyers, there was never really any doubt they'd win.

Hawks not only will make the playoffs, but barring major injuries, they appear to be dangerous once they get there...
paul

Fergus, Canada

#12 Dec 29, 2008
Four points for big Buff, great.His PP goal goes in because he was exactly where he should be on the PP,right in the goalie's kitchen in front of the net.Defence and Huet solid again. Last game against the Wings was a tough loss and I think we blew a lead.This team now looks like it will hold the lead if they get ahead or play catch up if they fall behind. I think we are going after the Wings with more confidence than ever and we are going to at least get a split against them on the home and home. Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#13 Dec 29, 2008
Mikko Mikko Mikko....Thanks for the bulletin board material as if this team doesn't need more motivation...
calif4chicago

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#14 Dec 29, 2008
It is great seeing the hawks doing so well,They beat detroit back to back the town is going to go crazy.Cubs,sox, and bears season will all be fogotten. Stay healthy hawks!!
JimRetired

Buffalo Grove, IL

#15 Dec 29, 2008
Hey Mikko, Yah they are that good!
bob n

Memphis, TN

#16 Dec 29, 2008
And just how many goals did you score against the hawks last night Mikko? Eurotrash talk !
Shtugotz

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 29, 2008
Mikko COO COO Koivo???

What the heck kinda name is that, I wonder?

Perhaps his mom had the dry heaves when she was naming him and spit that mess out of her pie hole!!
Section 319

Munster, IN

#18 Dec 29, 2008
Obviously not knowing what Koivo said to the press, here's what his coach Jacques Lemaire said about the Blackhawks and his team's lousy showing last night:

"It's not because we didn't talk about Chicago. It's the best team right now, everyone knows that. If you don't know it, you don't follow hockey and I don't think you should play."
mjf

Lowell, MA

#19 Dec 29, 2008
Since the NHL established an overtime period and the shootout to eliminate tie games, the nine game winning streak is not directly comparable to NHL games played years before when a tie game would end a winning streak.

Still, an impressive performance by the Blackhawks, and best wishes for continued success in the regular season and beyond!

Since: Oct 08

La Crosse, WI

#20 Dec 29, 2008
There is no doubt this team is "ahead of schedule". There will be some bumps in the road as the season progresses, but the talent level and "chemistry" will keep them in the hunt for a nice playoff position. To be honest, I'm a bit tired of this talk about playoff hockey being too tough for a young team and the Hawks not ready for a trip to the Stanley Cup finals. Predictions are simply opinions. With that being said, the question needs to be asked: Why not the Cup this season? It's as though everyone is afraid to even consider the possibility because they are on some kind of "schedule". Who's schedule? Teams in all professional sports have gone to championships with young personel. Example: The Rays in baseball in the WS in October. The Blackhawks are very, very talented. If the tremendous goaltending holds up , I say a very long run is possible. I think it is reasonable to begin to at least consider the possibility of hockey in May in Chicago. As long as the coaches and players don't look too far ahead, anything is possible. My opinion means nothing to this team. I simply believe great things are possible this season. If someone disagrees, too bad. I give Huet an A grade again. Other than Ellis and Renni in Nashville and Thomas and Fernandez in Beantown, no other tandem between the pipes approaches our 2 guys. GO HAWKS!
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Dec 29, 2008
Once you get into the playoffs anything can happen so why not the Stanley Cup? It's still way to early. Will the Hawks be this hot come the end of February and March? Injuries(to key players)would probably be my main concern and do we have the depth to handle any loss to our forwards?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web