Blackhawks' new tactic puts defenseme...

Blackhawks' new tactic puts defensemen on the offensive

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 3, 2008, titled Blackhawks' new tactic puts defensemen on the offensive. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Consider the Blackhawks armed and dangerous from the blue line. Coach Joel Quenneville , who logged 803 games as a defenseman during his 13 seasons in the NHL , has Hawks defenders firing shot after shot from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

paul

Amherstburg, Canada

#1 Nov 3, 2008
A 6-2 win.Sweet. Looks like we are on a roll and Quenneville is putting his mark on the team. I notice a lot of the guys were complaining about lack of shots so I guess the mesage got through. Tony, Tim ,Chico, Brian and Ram Rod I believe were stressing more shots from the point and now the offence from our back end proves you right. Gotta really love Kaners assisst on the goal where we moved in the Avs zone stopped and turned and laid a pass out for a one timer, bingo GOAL, wicked. Lets keep the roll rolling. Go Hawks.
Tony

Clermont, FL

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Sharp on pace for 40+. Barker's confidence is gaining with each game.3rd line is hot.How about that shot by Ladd on his second goal? Sweet!Congrats to Brouwer! Way to crash the net!Just wait untill JT gets hot! Shots from the point and traffic in front, pretty simple huh?
Josh

Melrose Park, IL

#3 Nov 4, 2008
I love how it's Tuesday, so the Bears played two days ago. They beat a total crap team in a game that was WAY closer than it should have been. The Bulls lost. The Hawks dominate a western conference foe, and they still get no front-page love on this site. Ridiculous. This team is exciting. The amount of respect and attention they get from the sports media in this town is criminal.

Since: Oct 08

La Crosse, WI

#4 Nov 4, 2008
Shoot the puck! Got to love it. Goalies hate screens!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web