Passing with ease

Passing with ease

There are 9 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jan 14, 2009, titled Passing with ease. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Blackhawks have reached the midway point of the 2008-09 season and all systems are go in their quest to reach the postseason for the first time since 2002.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Section 319

AOL

#1 Jan 15, 2009
Why doesn't Coach Q get an A? He's got this team playing outstanding, sticking together, playing hard, with heart and passion. Seems to me Q has made all the right moves -- except for not starting Khabby at Wrigley, which is why it's an A, not A+.

Kudos especially for how Q has handled Havlat. Putting him on the Bolland - Ladd line was genius and ever since, Havlat has been their best player.

Love Q. Love this team. Love being able to sit home on a frigid night with wife and two teenage kids and watch a fun, hard-hitting home game on TV from start to finish. Like the great fans at the UC, we were all whoopin and hollerin when they killed that 6 minute PP. Fun! I know I've said it many times here, but I can't adequately explain what a joy it is to have the Blackhawks back in my life.

Far as I'm concerned EVERYONE from Rocky on down gets an A, with Honors.

Let's Go Hawks!
Destiny

Chicago, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2009
Section, I agree with you completely.

Can't say enough about Q. His demeanor, coaching skills and interaction with the media have made quite a difference with this team and how they are viewed by the league.

Blackhawk hockey has become "appointment television" in my life - something I could not even fathom just 2 scant years ago.

I find this team riveting due to their energy, hard work, skill level and game plan.

I had hoped for them to make a playoff appearance this year - and now at this point, my expectations have been boosted to seeing no reason why they shouldn't HOST a first round playoff series.

The Blackhawks seem to me - to be the third best team in the conference.

Go HAWKS !!
Tim

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 15, 2009
Chris,

Not sure how you came up with a "pace" of 106 points. They've played 41 games, and have had 55 points. They have another 41 games to play, last time I checked. They are on pace for 110 points.
shakes

Girard, OH

#4 Jan 15, 2009
Tim wrote:
Chris,
Not sure how you came up with a "pace" of 106 points. They've played 41 games, and have had 55 points. They have another 41 games to play, last time I checked. They are on pace for 110 points.
Tim, Chicago public schools are to blame. LOL!

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!
shakes

Girard, OH

#5 Jan 15, 2009
L O L was censored? cmon blog admin give me a break!

Since: Oct 08

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Jan 15, 2009
The goaltending is an A grade. The boys keep the Hawks in it every night! Oh, how people take goaltending for granted. Winners are built from the crease out and in the playoffs they are the main reason teams win or lose. I like our chances in April with our guys!
overtime-shootou ts

Carol Stream, IL

#7 Jan 15, 2009
hawks are 2-5 in shootouts and 2-7 in overtime and shootouts combined.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2009
Chico17 wrote:
The goaltending is an A grade. The boys keep the Hawks in it every night! Oh, how people take goaltending for granted. Winners are built from the crease out and in the playoffs they are the main reason teams win or lose. I like our chances in April with our guys!
Agreed, Chico! A team is only going to go as far as their goaltending will take them and luckily for us, we've gotten mostly nothing but great starts from The Bulin Wall and The Lobster! Hopefully they can keep it up.
allchifan

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2009
The Hawks are delivering...they will be in the playoffs and quite probably will go deeper than we first expected...good article, partiularly pointing out the disappointments against Detroit, San Jose and Boston...we aren't quite there yet but we are going to get there...it is especially nice to hear the 'roar back at the UC'...........Like Q's style...it's upbeat and consistent...he is a winner....I would give him and his staff an A for the special team play alone...we are so much better than we have been for quite some time...I will relax during all-star break (Nice to see 3 Hawks in there) and get ready for an exciting ending to this season...Thanks guys....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web