Short-handed goals huge for Hawks -- Sports, St. Louis Blues, C...

There are 12 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 29, 2008, titled Short-handed goals huge for Hawks -- Sports, St. Louis Blues, C.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Duncan Keith and Craig Adams scored short-handed goals as the Blackhawks kept their faint playoff hopes alive with a 4-3 win over the St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tim

Wheaton, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2008
Big win for the Hawks, they picked up the 2 points that they needed. I was concerned about their lack of effort in the 3rd period, seemed like they let up. They need to come back to Chicago and take care of business tomorrow and get those 2 points. Hopefully some of the other teams that the Hawks need help from can take care of business. It was good to see Burish fight and really take it to Backes. The first and second periods were great, I just really want to see the Hawks get better at closing out the other team when they have a nice lead.
Tim

Wheaton, IL

#2 Mar 29, 2008
And once again great job to the Tribune staff. The Bulls story is listed way before the Hawks. To the wonderful editor which team has a winning record and you still put the stories about the Bulls before the Hawks. I can't wait until they give the Hawks some credit
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#3 Mar 30, 2008
How the heck does Keith get a match penalty? For what? Degfending himself? I've got a whole new respect for Craig Adams. Taking on one of the toughest guys in the league and holding his own AND scores the Gordie Howe hat trick!Nice job Craig!Same to never say die Adam Burish and the team as a whole for answering the bell. Everybody stuck together. Loved what Keith did to Kariya...Great character win?

No help from the Flames. The Oil win again. Their's still hope. Now go get Columbus tonite!! GO HAWKS!
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#4 Mar 30, 2008
"Defending"
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#5 Mar 30, 2008
Sorry. After "great character win" No ? mark just !!!!

Your right Tim the end of the game was a little sloppy and it shouldn't have been that close but at this point we aren't getting any style points...The Trib is just phaseing out hockey...
Tim

Wheaton, IL

#6 Mar 30, 2008
Tony when they were interviewing Savy after the game they talked about that match penalty. Savy said when they were watching it live it looked like Keith hit him with his stick. When they watched the tape of it Keith was skating backwards, the ref was between him and McDonald and McDonald was coming towards him and keith put up his hands to defend himself. IF The NHL gives him a Match penalty they are crazy. And also I want to give a huge thanks to Calgary, nice job in winning that game last night against the Oil, oh wait I must have had too much Miller Lite, Calgary lost. So nice to see these teams help the Hawks out.

And Tony I loved what Keith did to Kariya it was classic. Now they need to win tonight, 2 points on the line boys Lets go Hawks
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#7 Mar 30, 2008
Keep the legs moving boys! It ain't over yet!
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#8 Mar 30, 2008
4 straight and hope Tony and Tim.
Tim

Wheaton, IL

#9 Mar 30, 2008
Chico I still have the hope, We need help and we need to win the rest of the games. Come on Hawks we need the 2 points tonight
Michigan Bob

Lansing, MI

#10 Mar 30, 2008
Kudos to the Hawks for a much needed win last evening. Even if they don't make the play offs the Hawks are much improved over prior seasons. Why the Bulls rate a bigger presence in the Tribune is beyond me. The Bulls are in disaray both on the floor and in the front office, while the Hawks are improving both on and off the ice.

I also enjoy the comments of Section 319 and the other regulars.
Tim

Wheaton, IL

#11 Mar 30, 2008
Yes the Bulls have been horrible this year. Not only that but so many other sports stories have had a better presence online compaired to the Hawks. Why I just don't get it. The Hawks have a winning record, they have been drawing big, and the new owner is fan friendly. I just wish the Tribune would get a clue and give them their due. And yes maybe the season is winding down but they are in a race and where does the Tribune put them.
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#12 Mar 30, 2008
Sadley the media coverage will always be this poor for the Hawks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web