Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on m...

Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on momentum

There are 53 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 26, 2009, titled Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on momentum. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Blackhawks arrived in Calgary on Sunday with a swagger in their step. With their dominating performance in Game 5 of the Western Conference quarterfinals Saturday night, the Hawks not only regained momentum in the best-of-seven series they now lead 3-2 over the Calgary Flames , they also bolstered their confidence as they head into hostile ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
USMCVet

United States

#41 Apr 27, 2009
I think the Burish and Eager line is going to make a huge impact on tonights game!

Since: Mar 09

Bolingbrook, IL

#42 Apr 27, 2009
I thought last season was awesome but then this season happened. Simply amazing all the stories that took place this year with this team...real feel good stories you know.
It ends tonight Flame fans...you have only half a team healthy and the other half if playing att all are playing slow and stupid.
If we win tonight I will be misty eyed..been waiting a long time for this and I havent been dissappointed yet.
Versteeg,Barker,Seabrook,Hjamm er,Toews,Eager,Buff,ect all growing up before our eyes and playing great hockey to boot.
Love Eager especially after saturday.
scooby

Lombard, IL

#43 Apr 27, 2009
Oldgranddad wrote:
Versus has Sharks vs Anahiem at 6pm
Flyers vs Pittsburg 8:30
Blackhawks at Calagary on CSN at 8:30
IS THIS HEAVEN?
Can't wait till the Hawks play in the finals. At least we won't have to be up at midnight. I got Blackhawks vs Boston in a pool at the bar. Blackhawks in 6.
And we will see Versteeg skate around the Rink with the Cup raised high above his head.
And the Lord Stanley Cup will sit proudly at the UC for others to see.
AND THE PEOPLE WILL BE HAPPY AGAIN!
Getting a little ahead of yourself there granddad?? IF and thats a big IF, the Hawks make it to the finals and happen to play Boston, sorry but Boston will wipe the ice with them, they are a similiar team to the hawks granted, but with much better skilled players and a way better goalie. If the Hawks have to play Detroit or San Jose they are in trouble. Sharks are too big and skilled, Detroit is just better. That being said I hope they beat the snot out of the Flamers tonite and shut those punks up for good.
Commando

Blue Island, IL

#44 Apr 27, 2009
Chico17 wrote:
My Canadian roots are in Winnipeg, even though I am a Chicagoan. My favorite Canadian city is the 'Peg as my grandparents came from there. I will defend that city all the way. From the crease prediction: Khabby out duals the Kipper. Keenan's move on Kipper will back fire. Hawks leave Calgary a winner! Flames guy: You better be happy following the Hawks after tonight!
My grandparents also settled in Chicago after leaving Winnipeg. They are long since deceased ('65,'70) but I miss the Jets anyway.
Thin The Herd

Moab, UT

#45 Apr 27, 2009
Tim - Hockey Rules wrote:
Before the season started we Hawks fans just wanted them to make the playoffs. Now I don't think that I am alone on this, I want more. I want the Hawks to go into Calgary tonight and beat the snot out of the flames, closing out this series. With that momentium I do think they have a very good chance when they play the next round. IF the Sharks win that series every team is reseeded and the Hawks will have to play Detroit. What a series that would be. GO HAWKS send the flames packing
Agree that longer in the playoffs, as in other things, is better. I've been saying Hawks in 6, and it would be great to be right.

We are in bonus land when it comes to our expectations, but just as there's no quit in these kids, we'll keep cheering. The secret is not to get bummed if it ends too soon.

Tonight will be a big night for the Hawks, as closing out any team isn't easy.

Who cares who we play in the second round, as long as we get there.
Thin The Herd

Moab, UT

#46 Apr 27, 2009
BFM wrote:
<quoted text>
That being said, fear nobody. Luongo is a great goalie but he's human.......... When he's locked in he's awesome, but he can be knocked off his game like anybody else.
As the Caps are showing with King Henry, any goalie can be chased if the team in front of him is outmatched.

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#47 Apr 27, 2009
Thin The Herd wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree that longer in the playoffs, as in other things, is better. I've been saying Hawks in 6, and it would be great to be right.
We are in bonus land when it comes to our expectations, but just as there's no quit in these kids, we'll keep cheering. The secret is not to get bummed if it ends too soon.
Tonight will be a big night for the Hawks, as closing out any team isn't easy.
Who cares who we play in the second round, as long as we get there.
Well it is the 2nd intermission and the Hawks are up 3-0. What a great game for the Hawks so far. Khabby is lights out the guy is awesome so far. I have been so happy that the Hawks are in the playoffs to me that by itself is huge
Flames Guy

Winnipeg, Canada

#48 Apr 27, 2009
Ok.. taking my lumps. Congrats to all Hawks fans. Goaltending was simply superb. I hope it continues for you. I will be cheering you on now !
USMCVet

United States

#49 Apr 28, 2009
scooby wrote:
<quoted text>Getting a little ahead of yourself there granddad?? IF and thats a big IF, the Hawks make it to the finals and happen to play Boston, sorry but Boston will wipe the ice with them, they are a similiar team to the hawks granted, but with much better skilled players and a way better goalie. If the Hawks have to play Detroit or San Jose they are in trouble. Sharks are too big and skilled, Detroit is just better. That being said I hope they beat the snot out of the Flamers tonite and shut those punks up for good.
I disagree. Anything can happen in the playoffs. Look at Anaheim last night. They beat the big and bad Sharks. I think the Hawks have plenty of skill to beat any team in the league. I am not saying they will, I am just saying they have the skill to do and it is possible. But, we have to get there first.

Since: Oct 08

Wayne, IL

#50 Apr 28, 2009
Section 313 wrote:
Picks to click tonight?
(no picking Khabibulin. Too easy. We all know he is gonna be stellar tonight!)
How prophetic.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#51 Apr 29, 2009
Indian Head Crest wrote:
<quoted text>
How prophetic.
HA! Yeah, nevermind my Ladd pick!(not the he was bad)
USMCVet

United States

#52 Apr 29, 2009
Who got the game winner? Burish! I believe I said that line would have an impact...not to look for any praise or anything.
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#53 Apr 29, 2009
USMCVet wrote:
Who got the game winner? Burish! I believe I said that line would have an impact...not to look for any praise or anything.
Well done, sir!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web