Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on m...

Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on momentum

There are 53 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 26, 2009, titled Chicago Blackhawks hope to build on momentum. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Blackhawks arrived in Calgary on Sunday with a swagger in their step. With their dominating performance in Game 5 of the Western Conference quarterfinals Saturday night, the Hawks not only regained momentum in the best-of-seven series they now lead 3-2 over the Calgary Flames , they also bolstered their confidence as they head into hostile ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Allison L

Westchester, IL

#1 Apr 27, 2009
Are there any fat ladies who can belt out a tune in Calgary?
The Truth

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 27, 2009
If they win tonight, it will be a huge relief.... until Vancouver comes along. I fear them more than I fear San Jose...
Agreed

Columbia, SC

#3 Apr 27, 2009
The Truth wrote:
If they win tonight, it will be a huge relief.... until Vancouver comes along. I fear them more than I fear San Jose...
Definitely would rather meet the sharks than Luongo in the second round. Especially since the Canucks are at home resting while SJ is out battling.
Ben

Montréal, Canada

#4 Apr 27, 2009
What an amazing performance saturday night, even Campbell played a good game. I hope it will be over tonight, if not Hawks in 7

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#5 Apr 27, 2009
Before the season started we Hawks fans just wanted them to make the playoffs. Now I don't think that I am alone on this, I want more. I want the Hawks to go into Calgary tonight and beat the snot out of the flames, closing out this series. With that momentium I do think they have a very good chance when they play the next round. IF the Sharks win that series every team is reseeded and the Hawks will have to play Detroit. What a series that would be. GO HAWKS send the flames packing
Alex L

Ottawa, Canada

#6 Apr 27, 2009
I'm looking forward to a continuation of the barnburner that ended off our season series with you guys. Better tell Keith to cut his hair 'cuz Burrows has been eyeing its fluffy goodness....good luck against the Flames tonight
hockey chick

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 27, 2009
Tim I totally agree with you. At the beginning of the season, making post-season play was my biggest wish, now it's real, and ya know, I'm still kinda pinching myself. Saturday, whenever the Hawks scored and I read "first career playoff goal" I kinda got misty-eyed.....well, not a whole lot, but hell if it means that much to ME to see these kids accomplish that, I can only imagine how they feel.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#8 Apr 27, 2009
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely would rather meet the sharks than Luongo in the second round. Especially since the Canucks are at home resting while SJ is out battling.
I don't want any part of a SJ team who has just come back from a 3-1 deficit. They win that series and the monkey will be off their backs and they'll probably look more like the Sharks team we saw the 1st half of the year.
That being said, fear nobody. Luongo is a great goalie but he's human. Don't beat yourself by always missing the net trying to make a perfect shot or by trying to make one pass too many. When he's locked in he's awesome, but he can be knocked off his game like anybody else.
To me, Vancouver is a pretender, but the Sharks are a legitimate threat to win it all, IF they can get out of the 1st round.
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#9 Apr 27, 2009
Tim - Hockey Rules wrote:
IF the Sharks win that series every team is reseeded and the Hawks will have to play Detroit. What a series that would be. GO HAWKS send the flames packing
Hey Tim, I think Vancouver retains their #3 seed throughout the playoffs, which means we get #1 (SJ). Am I wrong? After the 1st round do they reseed based strictly on points with division winners no longer getting special consideration?
Ben

Montréal, Canada

#10 Apr 27, 2009
Let's win this series before talking the next one please.

Go Hawks
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#11 Apr 27, 2009
Ben wrote:
Let's win this series before talking the next one please.
Go Hawks
Good point.
junior

Buffalo Grove, IL

#12 Apr 27, 2009
of course, you can't listen to the game on WGN, because WGN will be broadcasting a meaningless Cubs game at that time. why didn't WGN at least license the playoff games that conflict with Cubs games to another station? how did both WGN and the Blackhawks not have the foresight to take care of this? curses!
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#13 Apr 27, 2009
junior wrote:
of course, you can't listen to the game on WGN, because WGN will be broadcasting a meaningless Cubs game at that time. why didn't WGN at least license the playoff games that conflict with Cubs games to another station? how did both WGN and the Blackhawks not have the foresight to take care of this? curses!
I thought I heard that 560 (WIND?) was picking up Hawks games when there was a conflict.
Flames Guy

Winnipeg, Canada

#14 Apr 27, 2009
Flames in 7 ... sorry Hawks fans, watch the Flames burn you to a crisp tonight...They will be looking for blood

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#15 Apr 27, 2009
Flames Guy wrote:
Flames in 7 ... sorry Hawks fans, watch the Flames burn you to a crisp tonight...They will be looking for blood
The Flames best game against the Hawks gave them a 4-2 win. The Hawks best game was a 5-1 win. The Hawks are the better team, and I expect to see them close it out tonight. You could see in the last game cheap shots from Bertuzzi, and Bourque. The Hawks were the more mature team and just skated away. That was until Eager beat the snot out of the Flames player. Hawks will take it tonight.

BFM - They re-seed after the first round based on points (that is my understanding from what Bettman said on the score).

LETS GO HAWKS!!!!
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#16 Apr 27, 2009
Ok, I know I'm a little late here, but the UC was absolutely rockin' Saturday. For all who were there, did it seem like the roof was going to come off after the 3rd goal?!?!

Let's close it out tonight! I don't know if i can handle the anxiety of a game seven.....

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#17 Apr 27, 2009
BFM wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Tim, I think Vancouver retains their #3 seed throughout the playoffs, which means we get #1 (SJ). Am I wrong? After the 1st round do they reseed based strictly on points with division winners no longer getting special consideration?
The first round runs as you would think, the highest seed plays the lowest seed. But the second round is rearranged so that highest remaining seed plays the lowest remaining seed left in their conference. There are no brackets.
So, unless SJ can beat Anaheim, it will be DET against the Ducks and the Hawks against VCR, with the Canucks having home-ice advantage as the Number 3 seed.
If SJ somehow manages to get through, it will be the Sharks versus the Hawks and the Red Wings against VanCity.

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#18 Apr 27, 2009
The above would hold true if either Chicago or Calgary advance, but we all know the Hawks will prevail, don't we?
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure that the re-seeding is based on your seed entering the playoffs, not overall points (like how it probably should be anyway). So yeah, I think the matchups would be as Jack Tupp described above.

Either way, still need one more game before we need to worry about re-seeding, and it will not be easy.

Let's go HAWKS!!!!!!!!
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 27, 2009
Picks to click tonight?

I'm going with Andrew "Double D" Ladd. I have a feeling he pots an important grinder goal tonight (maybe the game winner?). A redirect or a rebound or something of that sort.

Who are your picks?

(no picking Khabibulin. Too easy. We all know he is gonna be stellar tonight!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web