Duncan Keith's All-Star progress plea...

Duncan Keith's All-Star progress pleasing to former Chicago Bla...

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 28, 2009, titled Duncan Keith's All-Star progress pleasing to former Chicago Bla.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Trent Yawney still remembers the day he was coaching the Norfolk Admirals in the AHL when Duncan Keith first walked into his locker room six years ago.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Doc

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 1, 2009
Keith doesn't deserve the 7.1m that Campbell got (nor does Campbell himself), but he deserve more than Sopel (2.5m) and Byfuglien (3m and I mention him because he started out as a defenseman).

If you look at what his partner makes (3.5m) and compare stats, anything under 4m will be Keith taking a hometown discount .
deadboy

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2009
unless there is a discount keith will command alot of money on the free agent market. i cant see the hawks keeping all three, especially when star players in this league get 6,7,8,9 million a year,even if their not worth it.
unless these three guys{pat,jt,dunc} really like chicago and will play for less then one of them is gone. i vote kane off the island if it comes to that.
look at pittsburgh...crosby gets a ton of money and they have to get rid of alot of support players. malkin might be let go cuz he wants more money then sid,and maybe worth it. same thing with ottawa.
the 51 phantom contract is going to eventually be a killer contract for some of our favorite hawks.
what happens to skille,barker,beach,ect. we trade em for picks or pascal dupius? then were gonna end up like pittsburgh and ottawa...3 good players and 15 marginal players doesnt win the cup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web