Blackhawks begin season with high exp...

Blackhawks begin season with high expectations

There are 24 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 9, 2008, titled Blackhawks begin season with high expectations. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Blackhawks' front office pulled every trick in the book - and some not in the book - in a whirlwind off-season to regain the organization's foothold in the Chicago sports scene.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chico17

La Crosse, WI

#1 Oct 9, 2008
Go Hawks!!
Is MJ Coming

Korea

#2 Oct 9, 2008
It is too bad they jacked up ticket prices high enough to make me think Michael Jordan is going to lead them to the Stanley Cup. Apparently the market is there though, given the increase in ticket sales.
Ms D

Lombard, IL

#3 Oct 10, 2008
We have all the faith in the world in our Hawks this season. We are a little disappointed as well about the ticket increase, but you have to pay for all the expenditures somehow. As expensive as it is, there is nothing like going to a Blackhawks game! We live about 70 miles from the U.C. so we only attend 1-2 games per season. Fantastic that all the games are going to be televised and we're very have to have Pat Foley back. How about Wayne M. to sing the Anthem? GO HAWKS!!!!
Hockey Boy

Vernon Hills, IL

#4 Oct 10, 2008
Ya gotta start somewhere,management finally has a winning plan.
The pieces of the puzzle are in place,the new barn will be full of fans.Now it is time to play!!!!!!
Mike In Virginia

United States

#5 Oct 10, 2008
I got to see most of these young guys like Keith, Burish, Wisniewski etc. when the Hawks farm team was still playing here in Norfolk. Now that they have matured and made it to "the show" I think the Hawks will make an honest effort at winning the cup. Chicago fans should see some great hockey this season. Good luck, GO HAWKS!
Tony

Clermont, FL

#6 Oct 10, 2008
Ok, lets make it happen on the ice!GO HAWKS!!
Doll Collector

Portland, OR

#7 Oct 10, 2008
After management wasted 35 years let's hope it's a fantastic season.
South Sider in Florida

Milton, FL

#8 Oct 10, 2008
I've been waiting for tonight like a kid waiting for Christmas. I just hope I don't get another pair of socks this year...

GO HAWKS!!!
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#9 Oct 10, 2008
IT'S HERE!!!! Let's go HAWKS!!!!

Wings lose to the Leafs, at home, on opining night?!!!

yyyyyesssss
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#10 Oct 10, 2008
Tonight, OUR time begins. LETS GO HAWKS!!!!
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

#11 Oct 10, 2008
Blackhawks will get a nice little test tonight against a original 6 team.I wish the hawks would play more games against the charter member teams.Brings back good thoughts on those good teams from the 1970's.It is time this team takes it's place as a elite team in the NHL.
paul

Stittsville, Canada

#12 Oct 10, 2008
Wings lose to leafs. Sort of has a sweet ring to it. Just goes to show what happens when a goaltender makes 35 saves and a stong team takes a weak team for granted.Tonight we start our trip to the playoffs, a lot of hard work ahead and a lot of fan support needed. Nobody will jump off the bandwagon if we have to work through a rough patch. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
nick

United States

#13 Oct 10, 2008
I wonder who's starting for the Hawks? My guess is Huet.
BFM

Wood Dale, IL

#14 Oct 10, 2008
nick wrote:
I wonder who's starting for the Hawks? My guess is Huet.
Yeah, I have to to think Huet tonight, Khabi in D.C. tomorrow, and then Huet in the home opener. How much did N.K. play in the pre-season? I know he played zero at home. Is he even ready for game action?
sarahmas

Santa Ana, CA

#15 Oct 10, 2008
How fricking exciting is this? I am so fired up for an awesome season this year and I can't wait till they come out to LA. Yeah! Go Hawks!!!
nick

United States

#16 Oct 10, 2008
BFM wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, I have to to think Huet tonight, Khabi in D.C. tomorrow, and then Huet in the home opener. How much did N.K. play in the pre-season? I know he played zero at home. Is he even ready for game action?
I wouldnt be shocked too see Huet Huet play against Washington too. Huet knows the East a little bit better then Khabby obviously because he just came from Washington/Montreal so that could play a little bit of a factor in a decision.

Either way I'm stoked for tonight's game.

I just hope Huet is done giving up 4 goals a game like he did in the pre-season.
hawks fan

Springfield, IL

#17 Oct 10, 2008
I don't think Khabi played at all during the pre-season so we should definitely start Huet the first couple games. Hopefully tonight starts off with a couple of goals from Toews, some big hits from Byfgulien, and a fight from Burrish. Go Hawks!
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#18 Oct 10, 2008
PUMPED!!! Can't wait to watch the games this weekend, then go to the home opener!!!!

CDM

“Braccae tuae aperiuntur ”

Since: Oct 07

Chicago

#19 Oct 10, 2008
Go Hawks!!!!!!
MPH

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 10, 2008
I'm very excited for the season to begin as well. A lifelong Blackhawk fan that's just old enough to remember the '71 Stanley Cup Finals (Hawks lost in 7 to the Habs), I haven't been this excited about the season starting in 15 years.

Last year I went to 29 games in total. I went to the Blackhawks Convention this summer, and I had planned to do a partial season ticket deal this year. My friend (and now Blackhawk fan) who went with me talked me into buying a pair of 2 season tickets for us. It turned out to be a great idea, because virtually all the tickets 100 level through 300 level situated between the goal lines were sold out as of the convention. Single game seats remain, but if you want to sit outside of the corners of the upper reaches of the UC, you'll have to go through a broker or season ticket holder this year.

Nice turnaround - and go Hawks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web