Blackhawks offense returns in nick of...

Blackhawks offense returns in nick of time

There are 28 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Blackhawks offense returns in nick of time. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tucked safely back in the comfort of their own time zone, the Blackhawks set out Wednesday night to get their idling offense back to its level before the circus trip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eddie shore

United States

#22 Dec 4, 2008
VERSTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG wow turnin a pro defenseman inside out. No Huet bashin today all is well in chi town. How about huets feed to sharp for semi break away ; friggin neidermayer(DEAD) Its nice to see Hawks get a victory when they are outplayed usually it is the opposite

Since: Sep 08

Hobart, IN

#23 Dec 4, 2008
He hasn't been a forward for too terribly long and just doesnt have the instincts to run full speed with those guys....
If Sharpie is out of position he makes up for it by being as fast as you can possibly be in the NHL and have people not notice.

Buff had a good year last year but some of the point projections were out of hand. Hes gigantic and everyone says he should be out there pushing people all over the place. Its frustrating but despite his big checks hes not overly physical...

Right now hes more like Dustin Penner than i am comfortable with but hes played an effective role on the third line and last nite contributed(tho not on the score sheet) on the second...

He's a bit of an enigma.
When he gives 100% he can be a beast...
WrecksAlwaysSux

King Of Prussia, PA

#24 Dec 4, 2008
I don't care Havlat scored the tying goal. I still don't think he's a fit. That goal was all effort by Versteeg and great vision by Keith. Havlat was a turnover machine all by his lonesome, including one shift where he turned it over three times inside their own zone. He's a good sniper, but they don't have a center to feed him. Instead, Havlat mostly tries to pass to others, which makes him playing even worse.
paul

Fergus, Canada

#25 Dec 4, 2008
iceman01 wrote:
<quoted text>
quit being a cheap **** and get Direct TV!! I watch any game/games I want. If you get the "ICE" package you can watch 4 games at the same time on the same screen!
my daughter had Direct TV but up here it is a bootleg system. You need to get a counterfeit card and they send out a signal that fries the cards periodically.I loved when she had it because with the counterfeit card I could watch everything including any pay per view for free but the CRTC up here is getting snotty about bootleg cards and there is too much grief if you get caught with one.
paul

Fergus, Canada

#26 Dec 4, 2008
rauno wrote:
He hasn't been a forward for too terribly long and just doesnt have the instincts to run full speed with those guys....
If Sharpie is out of position he makes up for it by being as fast as you can possibly be in the NHL and have people not notice.
Buff had a good year last year but some of the point projections were out of hand. Hes gigantic and everyone says he should be out there pushing people all over the place. Its frustrating but despite his big checks hes not overly physical...
Right now hes more like Dustin Penner than i am comfortable with but hes played an effective role on the third line and last nite contributed(tho not on the score sheet) on the second...
He's a bit of an enigma.
When he gives 100% he can be a beast...
The Hawks roster lists him as 250 lbs. with that size he should be able to go any where he wants and should own the real estate in front of the opposing goal. Q has to get him playing up to his size, then he is a perfect screen and should be a garbage collector for any rebounds the goalie gives up.

Since: Sep 08

Hobart, IN

#27 Dec 4, 2008
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hawks roster lists him as 250 lbs. with that size he should be able to go any where he wants and should own the real estate in front of the opposing goal. Q has to get him playing up to his size, then he is a perfect screen and should be a garbage collector for any rebounds the goalie gives up.
He should be the equivalent of a perfect screen. Q should whip him into shape, but this is Buff were talkin about..AND when a guy facewashes him he should make an example out of him.

Gordie Howe once said pick a nite when everybodys watching and make an example of somebody. People wont be so liable to take liberties after the fact.
Different game now I know but the point remains valid
paul

Fergus, Canada

#28 Dec 5, 2008
rauno..
Gordie Howe hat trick a goal, an assist and a fight. He kept his elbows up and earned his respect. Buff should be playing up to his size.
RamRod

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Dec 5, 2008
I think the kids will be just fine, lined up as they are, any night. Having said that, there is a wussing down of the game everywhere. I really would like to see some physicalness on the part of some big brute on the Hawks. Just the principle of the thing. It's kind of like a side bet. It really doesn't have to do with individual plays as much as setting the tone of the game early on. We used to go to the stadium on certain game-nights, just to see the opposing goon getting his "come-uppance" for previous transgressions and the game would accelerate from the first check of this guy. It set the tome and tenor, sometimes for a whole season. Probert, when he was with the deadwings, comes to mind.

"TOK, D!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web