Fraser earns respect

Fraser earns respect

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 7, 2008, titled Fraser earns respect. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Colin Fraser hasn't received much feedback from the Blackhawks organization regarding his play this season, but one thing tells him he's doing well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Tony

Nobleton, FL

#1 Nov 8, 2008
Fraser's another guy(Burish) that scares me when he drops the gloves. I sure do wish we had a legit heavyweight...GO HAWKS!
paul

Cambridge, Canada

#2 Nov 8, 2008
Too bad we didn't get George Larocque when he was available. He is one tough customer and he can play as well. Montreal beat us to the "punch" when he was available.He is what we refer to as a "presence".
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#3 Nov 8, 2008
Correcto mundo paul...

Since: Oct 08

Eau Claire, WI

#4 Nov 8, 2008
This schedule is strange. Almost a week off in November? I just don't remember this in years past. Heck, HS, college and Juniors almost never do this once the season has started. Anybody remember this in the past, except for Olympics, All Star game, etc.?
BFM

Bartlett, IL

#5 Nov 8, 2008
Since Chico17 has brought up the schedule, is anybody else looking ahead to the circus trip? The rest of this month is so critical. 4 more home games before we hit the the road, the last one being a tester against the Sharks. These next 4 games are huge. We need to build momentum for the road trip as well as our point total. I think we are all expecting a couple of clunkers on the 6 game road trip. Then they come home and are usually flat the first game back. By the first week of December we are going to know alot more about this team than we know now.
In the past, when the Hawks mattered (as they do again), this circus trip usually set the tone for the rest of the season. When they pulled together and had a successful trip they used it as a springboard to a good season. If they had a crappy trip it usually meant they were scratching and clawing the rest of the year. This is what I remember, I don't know if a look back at every season since about '80 or so will bear me out, but I'll bet a majority of them do.

Since: Oct 08

Eau Claire, WI

#6 Nov 8, 2008
BFM is so right! By December we will really begin to see what this team is about. The "circus" trip is again going to be huge. I personally think we can be optimistically hopeful this season. It is so hard to be absolutely sure the Hawks are for real (even though we know it is certainly getting better) because of the past. I so much want to believe this season will be the big breakout year! GO HAWKS!
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#7 Nov 9, 2008
Remember the old days when their were always games on Saturday,Sunday and Wednesday?...I don't care for the lull. Next week the Hawks will be playing every other night...This year I think we're better equipped to handle the circus trip just from a coaching standpoint...GO HAWKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win (Nov '14) Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... (Nov '14) Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web