High hopes can still float

The problem with expectations - especially when you embrace them like the Blackhawks have - is that people expect things. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Section 319

Highland, IN

#1 Oct 15, 2008
OK. No worries, fellas. Tonight we win. At least 5 goals. And we all have fun.

Two points tonight could put us one point out of first place.

Let's Go Hawks!
BFM

Bartlett, IL

#2 Oct 15, 2008
Section 319 wrote:
OK. No worries, fellas. Tonight we win. At least 5 goals. And we all have fun.
Two points tonight could put us one point out of first place.
Let's Go Hawks!
Right on! We just need to loosen up and play the game. Welcome back, was wondering where you'd been.
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#3 Oct 15, 2008
Need a win and get the momentum going to start a streak...GO HAWKS!
Section 317

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 15, 2008
We need to get a win badly. Unfortuantely, the Hawks see Ilya Bryzgalov in goal tonight, and the Coyotes are off to a 2-0 start. After tonight its down to St. Louis for Saturday - a town the Blackhawks usually struggle in - so here's hoping tonight's the night.
After a huge SRO crowd on Monday (with very few no-shows), I'm curious to see what the crowd is like tonight...
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#5 Oct 15, 2008
Section 317 wrote:
We need to get a win badly. Unfortuantely, the Hawks see Ilya Bryzgalov in goal tonight, and the Coyotes are off to a 2-0 start. After tonight its down to St. Louis for Saturday - a town the Blackhawks usually struggle in - so here's hoping tonight's the night.
After a huge SRO crowd on Monday (with very few no-shows), I'm curious to see what the crowd is like tonight...
Ilya doesn't worry me, Buff put up a hat trick last time they came here, and we rolled. I would like to see that happen again tonight.
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#6 Oct 15, 2008
Yeah me too B but Bryzgalov is a helluva lot better than Dan Ellis. Maybe he'll have an off night...GO HAWKS!
Chico17

Eau Claire, WI

#7 Oct 15, 2008
The article just about says it all. Keep the feet moving boys and let's get one tonight. GO HAWKS!!!
Section 317

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 15, 2008
Thanks for the reminder, Bryan - yes I was at last year's 5-0 win over Phoenix, so Ilya can have an off night.

Speaking of Buff, I hope he and a few others (Havlat, Ladd) pick up their games. A few of the Blackhawk forwards haven't been as involved physically as I would have hoped thus far. I know they took it easy on Havlat and Buff during the pre-season. I believe I read that Buff has a gr--n injury - which was among his injuries last year. Havlat's lack of early intensity makes me wonder about his shoulder as well....
BFM

Bartlett, IL

#9 Oct 15, 2008
Glad to see somebody bring up Ladd. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on him. He did perform after he got here last year, but he has that Ron Sedlbauer feel about him (re: talented coaster). And remember, Carolina traded him for Ruutu, and I don't believe cap issues were involved. Hey, don't get me wrong, I want the guy to score 30-35, but I have my doubts. I'll take 20-25.
I definitely think Buff's not 100% and Havlat looks like he's still feeling out his shoulder.
Tonights the night we get it started!!!
Garrett

Aurora, MO

#10 Oct 15, 2008
I hope things pick up for the Hawks, which I think they will. I am slightly worried that the Hawks have tooooo much young talent. This will workout in the long run, but it definitely could give us issues trying to win now. Everyone expects greatness right away and with a team of players that consists of two players above the age of 30, this is going to be a problem. What adds to this problem is an inexperienced coach. I love Savy and he was a great player and I think he could be a great coach. But with a bunch of inexperienced players and an inexperienced coach the road may be bumpier than expected. The RedWings are hands down more talented and experienced and they are the main team that will be standing in our way. I truly hope they pick up speed and don't look back. But I think there is some reason for concern when it comes to winning now!
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#11 Oct 15, 2008
That Ladd - Ruutu deal was a change of scenery trade and Ladd was hurt most of last year w/Carolina and finally got healthy then traded..
BFM

Bartlett, IL

#12 Oct 15, 2008
Tony wrote:
That Ladd - Ruutu deal was a change of scenery trade and Ladd was hurt most of last year w/Carolina and finally got healthy then traded..
Yeah, Ladd did look good last year. He really looked good in that '06 Stanley Cup team photo. I wouldn't mind seeing him in another one of those!
Tim

United States

#13 Oct 15, 2008
I like the 5 points that the article talks about. I can't wait to see how they play tonight, I hope that the highlight is not the magnetic schedule that they hand out at the door. Havlat needs to play, not dogging it like he did Monday night. Buff needs to be a physical force, and Kane and Toews need to light the lamp. Hope the fans are loud tonight, I just want to see them win. And it is good to see Section 319 back, and we picked up Section 317. I am in Section 327, at least we are all where the real fans are at, the 300 level.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#14 Oct 15, 2008
"How can we justify a season on three games?" Savard said. "We can't justify a season on three games. At the end of the month, let's see where we're at. That's how you think of a start."

No sense of urgency and bad on the power play. The Blackhawks have had this problem long before the 3 games this year. My suggestion to Savard would be to remember this comment when it comes to his contract being renewed. He is over his head and we need an experienced coach to lead this ballclub. I have not seen enough from Savard since he has been here to warrant a contract extention.
Tony

Saint Petersburg, FL

#15 Oct 15, 2008
You know those 5 points? Sounds like we've been hearing those for the last 5 yrs....We can't have too many sections represented..GO HAWKS!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Oct 15, 2008
Comes down to experience. If you have players veteran players you can sometimes get by with a inexperienced coach. But if your core players are young you need a veteran coach. If you are inexperienced in both the playoffs would be quite a reach.
Tim

United States

#17 Oct 15, 2008
The PP has been horrible, come on most teams with a 5 on 3 will score. Glad to see that the Hawks did that on Monday night. But when they were on the man advantage they couldn't score at all. That has to change, and quick. The fans can see the sense of urgency, the players and coaches need to see that too. Mark my words, Scotty Bowman might be behind the bench if Savy doesn't right the ship. The fans are back but will not put up with being fed all the crap they have said and not seeing a quality team on the ice. I hope that Tallon is still working on something in the background. They need a top forward, and a physical player.
BFM

Bartlett, IL

#18 Oct 15, 2008
Tim wrote:
And it is good to see Section 319 back, and we picked up Section 317. I am in Section 327, at least we are all where the real fans are at, the 300 level.
Add 331 to the list!
Tim

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2008
Sweet, section 331. Are you a full season ticket holder or partial? I am a full season ticket holder, so they need to get better. It is great to see others here that are in the 300 level. LETS GO HAWKS.
Tim

United States

#20 Oct 15, 2008
I am off to the game, I hope they get a win tonight. LETS GO HAWKS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... May '14 Reg 1
Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit Apr '14 Reg 1
Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
Men's locker-room no place for women says hocke... (May '13) Dec '13 DMAN 5
Chicago Blackhawks Trade Rumors- Moving Nick Le... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Steve O 2
Saad scores in shootout, Blackhawks beat Red Wings (Apr '13) Apr '13 kman581 1
Olczyk: 'I Would Be Surprised' If Hansen Wasn't... (Feb '13) Feb '13 abadapple 2
•••
•••

Duncan Keith People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••