Blackhawks first fan convention is a hit

Next stop: training camp. The Blackhawks organization has had a memorable summer. Read more
annie

United States

#1 Jul 21, 2008
John McDonough takes credit for something he didn't really create. Someone else did.
red button

Girard, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2008
annie wrote:
John McDonough takes credit for something he didn't really create. Someone else did.
Shut up troll. Keep your eye's on Pittsburgh forums.

Go Hawks!

“Age&Treachery over Youth&Skill”

Since: Dec 07

Brighton Park 60632

#3 Jul 21, 2008
RIP Dollar Bill. The Hawks 200 Level Lexus Prime Seats season tickets are all sold out already! Too bad his comment "if they are on TV no one will come to the games" is as far off as his son's Rocky's thoughts. As we all know home games on TV will only bolster the intensity for the fans going to the game which electrifies the players...win-win-win for all. Foley back and all we need now is Wayne's Pipes to kick things off before every game.
paulh

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2008
Sorry Annie....John IS the first and WAS the first - to pull a fan convention off. Until you can tell me WHO, WHAT and WHERE another 'fan convention' was done, go soak your head in the Alegengy,huh.
Tim

West Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 21, 2008
annie wrote:
Sorry but you are wrong, he did create the Cubs convention. And lets just say that he didn't what does it matter we are talking about the Hawks and HE created that convention
Tony

Nobleton, FL

#6 Jul 22, 2008
Stick with the Pens annie..
Victoria

United States

#7 Jul 22, 2008
All I have to say is Toews deserves to be captain. Of all the players I met over the weekend, he was exceptionally nice. We never stood in line for Toews, Kane, Mikita, or Hull - the lines were just too long (3-4 hours). I was a little disappointed, as Mikita and Toews were 2 names I really respect. It was Sunday - 2 p.m.(well after the last signing). We were exhausted - as were all the players....but Toews came out and signed one last round for the fans that stayed the longest. It meant so much to me and my brother. We are kind of hard to impress, but this kid is a class act. He is up there with the likes of Steve Yzerman. Stevie Y, despite being a Red Wing (haha), was a captain who was an incredible player, and a gentleman on and off the ice. He is respected by his fellow players and all that understand the game.
Jonathon Toews exemplifies these same characteristics. Wow...just wow. I've been a Blackhawks fan for years (going to 20 games a season despite their record) and I haven't been this excited in a long time.

Congrats to Jonathon Toews! We are lucky to have you!
Tim

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2008
Victoria wrote:
All I have to say is Toews deserves to be captain. Of all the players I met over the weekend, he was exceptionally nice. We never stood in line for Toews, Kane, Mikita, or Hull - the lines were just too long (3-4 hours). I was a little disappointed, as Mikita and Toews were 2 names I really respect. It was Sunday - 2 p.m.(well after the last signing). We were exhausted - as were all the players....but Toews came out and signed one last round for the fans that stayed the longest. It meant so much to me and my brother. We are kind of hard to impress, but this kid is a class act. He is up there with the likes of Steve Yzerman. Stevie Y, despite being a Red Wing (haha), was a captain who was an incredible player, and a gentleman on and off the ice. He is respected by his fellow players and all that understand the game.
Jonathon Toews exemplifies these same characteristics. Wow...just wow. I've been a Blackhawks fan for years (going to 20 games a season despite their record) and I haven't been this excited in a long time.
Congrats to Jonathon Toews! We are lucky to have you!
Just as a FYI, I was at the convention all weekend. When the opening ceremony was over on Friday night I went to try to get Hull's Autograph. After waiting 2 hours or so to try and get his autograph and not able to get it and the security guys trying to get Bobby out of there he took his time still signing autographs. All of the players that I saw signing the autographs and ran out of their alloted times were so gracious to continue to sign the autographs. Honestly that is one of the things that they need to fix for next year. They let the lines get so long and people were hoping to get autographs and didn't. All of the players are class acts that were at the convention. And to me the best was running into Rocky in the hallway and he took time to talk to my girlfriend and me, and we got his autograph and picture taken with him. The Owner of the Hawks is such a cool guy. Everyone there was so friendly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Keith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Game Preview: Chicago Blackhawks to Take On Inj... Dec '14 Reg 1
News The Most Disappointing Players on the Chicago B... Dec '14 Reg 1
News Kane's 5th goal in 7 games helps Blackhawks win Nov '14 Reg 1
News Who Must Step Up for the Chicago Blackhawks Aft... Nov '14 B-Hawks Forever 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Must Stop Relying So Heavily... (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Seabrook gets 3-game suspension for hard hit (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reg 1
News Will Brent Seabrook's Olympic Snub Become a Pro... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Reg 1
More from around the web