With Wade Belak, the Florida Panthers...

With Wade Belak, the Florida Panthers have more than a fighting...

There are 31 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 9, 2008, titled With Wade Belak, the Florida Panthers have more than a fighting.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

In the first period of his fifth game as a Panther, it was finally Wade Belak 's time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robby

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Mar 9, 2008
So is Kilger ever going to play?
Captain

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Mar 9, 2008
Belak is a solid addiiton. They should sign him for next year.
PantherMan

Miami, FL

#3 Mar 10, 2008
i saw Wade at the ice and dice party hosted by the panthers, i went up to him to say hi , and he punched me in the face.
cooprulz

United States

#4 Mar 10, 2008
Great addition and it was a solid fight... maybe he could get Monty to do some work with him and improve his fight game too.

I hope Belak is here for the rest of his career.. Its been a LONG time since the crowd was as loud as we were vs Pitts. And it was nice to leave the building PUMPED!
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Mar 10, 2008
Just to show you what a "sharp" GM Martin is, someone like Belak should shave been picked up the day Worrell was let go. Since then we've seen our guys thrown around like rag dolls. I guess better late than never. If we had this guy at the beginning of the season we might be in a better place now. Oh well.....just another reason to fire Martin.
Chad Kilger

Miami, FL

#6 Mar 10, 2008
I will report at once if you can guarantee me there is a hot masseuse in Florida just like we had in Toronto! Must provide happy endings!!
Rat Boy

Miami, FL

#7 Mar 10, 2008
And thanks for waiting until March to go and get him, Jock.
Mr Obvious

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Mar 10, 2008
Pie Face SAID last summer he was going to search REAL HARD for a tough guy...The fact that it took anout 90% of the season to get him means what??? The guy should be fired?..LMAO

You stupid @$$ Jacques..I count the days till Cohen tells you to load up your '88 Camry..and shoves your "dead weight @$$ outta town!
vic b

United States

#9 Mar 10, 2008
The investigative arm of bomb squad has detected a time delay fuse imbedded in the brain of Mr Pie Face.Can we all say better late than never in Francais?
Pierce

Cumming, GA

#10 Mar 10, 2008
Fans love Belak he is a great player and as an enforecer he is great to watch but he plays with intensity and watches everybody's back. Great Addition!

Since: Mar 08

Coconut Creek

#12 Mar 10, 2008
I think the panthers have a bright future ahead of them... they are finally winning..!!! Is it 96 all over again??
Wait a Minute

Boca Raton, FL

#13 Mar 10, 2008
vic b wrote:
The investigative arm of bomb squad has detected a time delay fuse imbedded in the brain of Mr Pie Face.Can we all say better late than never in Francais?
mieux vaut tard que jamais
Beaver

Miami, FL

#14 Mar 10, 2008
raygaBMW wrote:
I think the panthers have a bright future ahead of them... they are finally winning..!!! Is it 96 all over again??
Jesus.
firethecoachorgm

Miami Beach, FL

#15 Mar 10, 2008
As negative as I have been, we can enjoy the effort of these last few games. Its not embarrasing going to the games. And I definitely think Belak plays a role (of course in addition to health and JM not doing anything stupid) in the confidence the team runs skates with....
And i blame JM 100% for not fillin this role at seasons start. JM has coached a 90 point playoff team into an 85 point also ran.
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Mar 10, 2008
Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus.
New fan. Seen it before.
Fire Martin

United States

#17 Mar 10, 2008
Belak's a UFA at the end of the season. so it will be interesting #1 if they sign him... #2 if Martin is still here next year (hopefully not) will he wait till March to adress this issue again, and if whoever comes in realizes how important this is to the team. It's nice to have Belak there (all reports are that he's good for team chemistry), hope they keep him beyond this aborted season.
firethecoachorgm

Miami Beach, FL

#18 Mar 10, 2008
I hope they keep Belak too, but i have a feeling he may go back north...unless he starts to like it down here...man isa aguy like this important and did JM misjudge that importance.
BELAK a GOOD ADDITION

Hamilton, Canada

#19 Mar 10, 2008
Where are you hockey wimps that cry about how fighting has no bearing on the game? Let's see, since getting Belak, the Panthers are 4-1 and don't get thrown around as much. Thank goodness there is still a sport you can play tough, hit , and turn a game around with physical play. Teams now know, if we throw them around someone will have to answer to Belak and not many guys want to do that
Catfan927

Lake Worth, FL

#20 Mar 10, 2008
There is no doubt having Belak is a great addition to the team. Look at how much more physical some of the other guys have gottne. Olezs alone has like 13 hits in the last couple of games. Why? because he knows if someone want to step across the line and challenge Belak will be there to bak him up.
Big D Bob

Dallas, TX

#21 Mar 10, 2008
Too little too late as always with the Cats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Booth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canucks Game Day: Rookie goalie a likely Wild c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Melissa Ramsay 1
News Want Roberto Luongo? NHL teams must 'pay a pric... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Vodkagum 1
News NHL: Jackets, Panthers march to nowhere | The C... (Mar '11) Mar '11 BILLZILLA 6
News Aaron Portzline's NHL power rankings | BlueJack... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Pete 24
News Plekanec scores twice, Price rebounds as Habs b... (Sep '10) Oct '10 lonely in Kinmount 2
News Tallon talks about building a champion in Chicago (Jun '10) Jun '10 Go Hawks 1
News Panthers' Booth taken off ice on stretcher afte... (Oct '09) Nov '09 wwf 38
More from around the web