Panthers re-sign Booth, Dvorak

Panthers re-sign Booth, Dvorak

There are 54 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 1, 2009, titled Panthers re-sign Booth, Dvorak. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Sunrise - The Panthers made leading scorer David Booth their highest paid forward on Wednesday, signing the 24-year-old left winger to a six-year contract worth $25.5 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jul 1, 2009
Maybe we can get Mike Wilson and Noah Welch to come back..I would like to see the team spin on that one..
Potvin

Delray Beach, FL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
This is good news but I would've like to keep Andy also. GO PANTHERS!
Pink Baroness

Seattle, WA

#3 Jul 1, 2009
Horrendous mistake letting Andy go for only 3.4M for 2 years. Got to wonder how much input Pete DeBoer has since he wasn't to happy with Vokoun. Andy was a big favorite with a lot of fans I spoke with, while Vokoun had quite a few horrible games.
jeff

AOL

#4 Jul 1, 2009
wooo hooo. dvorak for $3.4 million? nice.. thats about a million per goal we'll get from him.

dont forget to renew your season tickets panther fans!!! lots and lots of exciting 1-0 games to come again this year!
Pink Baroness

Seattle, WA

#5 Jul 1, 2009
Hey YO : FY!!
Fish Fan

Miami, FL

#6 Jul 1, 2009
Good signings. Now we just need a superstar caliber guy up front so that if we keep missing the playoffs at least it will be exciting. GO CATS LET'S TURN IT AROUND!!
Pink Baroness

Seattle, WA

#7 Jul 1, 2009
Ted Nolan VP of the farm in Rochester. That's a new direction with some hints at the future Panthers -GM....Sexton is weak and uncreative to let Andy go, quite a faaart...zhzhzh...sqeeeesh
CANESFAN

Hollywood, FL

#8 Jul 1, 2009
Go Canes
Potvin

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Jul 1, 2009
Pink Baroness wrote:
Hey YO : FY!!
You better wait till she turns 18....HAHA
ENOUGH

United States

#10 Jul 1, 2009
Thats great. Now how about some goal scorers. I still am trying to figure out why they traded Bouwmeester for nothing (an unsigned free agent).?
Wait a Minute

Miami, FL

#12 Jul 1, 2009
Pink Baroness wrote:
Ted Nolan VP of the farm in Rochester. That's a new direction with some hints at the future Panthers -GM....Sexton is weak and uncreative to let Andy go, quite a faaart...zhzhzh...sqeeeesh
Don't think you can blame Sexton. Anderson wanted to be the #1, and Colorado was willing to give him that label and only pay him $1.8 million (which is very low for a #1 goalie). Obviously the label was worth more than the money to him. Vokoun has a big contract and with Khabibulin going to Edmonton for just $3.75 million a year, how many teams want to pay Vokoun's $5.7 million price tag? Just seems like his contract was a tougher thing to overcome than getting him to agree to waive the no-trade.
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Jul 1, 2009
Wait a Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think you can blame Sexton. Anderson wanted to be the #1, and Colorado was willing to give him that label and only pay him $1.8 million (which is very low for a #1 goalie). Obviously the label was worth more than the money to him. Vokoun has a big contract and with Khabibulin going to Edmonton for just $3.75 million a year, how many teams want to pay Vokoun's $5.7 million price tag? Just seems like his contract was a tougher thing to overcome than getting him to agree to waive the no-trade.
Once it again it shows Martin's ineptitude that he would saddle this club with Vokoun for so much money and for so many years. He basically poured cement shoes for this team with his player overcompensations and then pushed us off a bridge. People don't believe me when I say it, but it sometimes takes 2 or 3 seasons just to reverse the poor decision making of a bad GM. Sexton will now pay the price for Martin's incompetence with his cap restrictions. Even after cutting away all the deadwood he still doesn't have much money to work with. As you stated, just enough to get a decent mid-range scorer which we can probably guess he won't get thanks to Alan "clamshell wallet" Cohen.
RED BARON

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jul 1, 2009
Why does the Sun-Sentinel always pick the most unflattering photos of Florida players? The pictures of Dvorak and Booth with this article look like they have major constipation.
YORMARKS OBSERVER

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Jul 1, 2009
Pink Baroness wrote:
Hey YO : FY!!
Thanks but I dont go for washed up old hockey hags...
Try Potvin or Crosby as he calls himself these days..he likes old crap in fact he is old crap..
Wait a Minute

Miami, FL

#16 Jul 1, 2009
RED BARON wrote:
<quoted text>
Once it again it shows Martin's ineptitude that he would saddle this club with Vokoun for so much money and for so many years. He basically poured cement shoes for this team with his player overcompensations and then pushed us off a bridge. People don't believe me when I say it, but it sometimes takes 2 or 3 seasons just to reverse the poor decision making of a bad GM. Sexton will now pay the price for Martin's incompetence with his cap restrictions. Even after cutting away all the deadwood he still doesn't have much money to work with. As you stated, just enough to get a decent mid-range scorer which we can probably guess he won't get thanks to Alan "clamshell wallet" Cohen.
Just noticed that Montreal picked up Hal Gil for $2.25 million per year. I was always surprised when he played as well as he did for Pittsburgh, as during his years with Toronto he always seemed to be way too heavy footed - a human pylon of sorts. He'll be perfect for the Jacques Martin trap!
Potvin

Delray Beach, FL

#17 Jul 1, 2009
Pink Baroness wrote:
Ted Nolan VP of the farm in Rochester. That's a new direction with some hints at the future Panthers -GM....Sexton is weak and uncreative to let Andy go, quite a faaart...zhzhzh...sqeeeesh
Letting Andy walk is a terrible Sexton blunder. You know DeBoer and the players wanted him to stay.
Mano De Piedra

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Jul 1, 2009
Wait a Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
Just noticed that Montreal picked up Hal Gil for $2.25 million per year. I was always surprised when he played as well as he did for Pittsburgh, as during his years with Toronto he always seemed to be way too heavy footed - a human pylon of sorts. He'll be perfect for the Jacques Martin trap!
Gomez also went to Montreal from Rangers..Montador is in Buffalo
Wait a Minute

Miami, FL

#19 Jul 1, 2009
Cammalleri also gone - to Montreal. But it was a big price tag, $6 million a year for 5 years. That's higher than I thought he would fetch.
Wait a Minute

Miami, FL

#20 Jul 1, 2009
Potvin wrote:
<quoted text> Letting Andy walk is a terrible Sexton blunder. You know DeBoer and the players wanted him to stay.
No, that was a Jacques Martin blunder. He signed Vokoun for way too much and gave away too much to Nashville. His $5.7 million price tag is way too high.
Potvin

Delray Beach, FL

#21 Jul 1, 2009
Wait a Minute wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that was a Jacques Martin blunder. He signed Vokoun for way too much and gave away too much to Nashville. His $5.7 million price tag is way too high.
JM's gone. And he would've never let Andy walk. He was the best player on the team. A terrible blunder by Sexton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

David Booth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canucks Game Day: Rookie goalie a likely Wild c... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Melissa Ramsay 1
News Want Roberto Luongo? NHL teams must 'pay a pric... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Vodkagum 1
News NHL: Jackets, Panthers march to nowhere | The C... (Mar '11) Mar '11 BILLZILLA 6
News Aaron Portzline's NHL power rankings | BlueJack... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Pete 24
News Plekanec scores twice, Price rebounds as Habs b... (Sep '10) Oct '10 lonely in Kinmount 2
News Tallon talks about building a champion in Chicago (Jun '10) Jun '10 Go Hawks 1
News With Wade Belak, the Florida Panthers have more... (Mar '08) Mar '10 DEV STARR 31
More from around the web