Crosby helps Pens eliminate Flyers with 5-3 win

There are 7 comments on the Apr 25, 2009, The Associated Press story titled Crosby helps Pens eliminate Flyers with 5-3 win . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Sidney Crosby stood near center ice, answering questions from a television reporter while a few lingering fans berated him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

John

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Apr 26, 2009
Once again the Flyers philosophy of goon hockey does not prevail. There is a huge difference between physical play and gooning it up which the Flyers are experts. Take your orange t-shirts and cry into them because next year is a LONG WAY OFF. In Pittsburgh nothing is sweeter than beating the thugs from the east.
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#2 Apr 27, 2009
John wrote:
Once again the Flyers philosophy of goon hockey does not prevail. There is a huge difference between physical play and gooning it up which the Flyers are experts. Take your orange t-shirts and cry into them because next year is a LONG WAY OFF. In Pittsburgh nothing is sweeter than beating the thugs from the east.
So true. But take heart, Cryer fans: Sean Avery is going to be a free agent this summer!! Just think of how many cheap shots you'll be able to rack up next season while fumbling away any chance at a Stanley Cup!
david01

Broomfield, CO

#3 May 2, 2009
GAME 1 CAPS 3!!!!!!!!!! waddlers 2...:) In case you did not know.... I hope this information helps sardine.:)
Red Wings25

Jersey City, NJ

#4 May 2, 2009
John wrote:
The Flyers dont play "goon" hockey, like you penguin fans think...since the end of the 2006-07 season, the Flyers have become more about speed, finesse, and puck-moving defensemen. If you think Carcillo is a thug (which he is, I'll agree) take a look at Jarkko Ruutu, who played for the Pens last year...he's known as one of the dirtiest players in the NHL. Watch what you say before you open your mouth cause the Flyers...and the Flyers haven't really played "goon" hockey since 1970s. Penguin fans just don't like that the Flyers try to get under the Pens' players skin, like with what Hartnell does.
flyersfan12

Trenton, Canada

#5 May 2, 2009
Pens fans 1 bleeping question.

What was Goddard doing on your team? Carcillo can at least put the puck in the net same with asham. Those are just guys who play hard. Is Goddard a goon? I THINK SO!!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#6 May 4, 2009
flyersfan12 wrote:
Pens fans 1 bleeping question.
What was Goddard doing on your team? Carcillo can at least put the puck in the net same with asham. Those are just guys who play hard. Is Goddard a goon? I THINK SO!!
It's a fact of life: everybody needs a goon on their team. The difference is that the Pens coaches have never sent Goddard into the last face-off of the game with instructions to try and take out the opposing center to "send a message." That's institutionalized goonery, and the Flyers have done things like that too many times in their history (including recent history) for anyone to claim they're a clean-playing team.
The Trout

Slippery Rock, PA

#7 May 4, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a fact of life: everybody needs a goon on their team. The difference is that the Pens coaches have never sent Goddard into the last face-off of the game with instructions to try and take out the opposing center to "send a message." That's institutionalized goonery, and the Flyers have done things like that too many times in their history (including recent history) for anyone to claim they're a clean-playing team.
I'd add that Godard isn't that bad an offensive player. He's not far off from Carcillo (especially considering how much less ice-time he gets), though he's nowhere near as offensively skilled as Hartnell. For a psychotic scumbag, that guy can really play hockey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Daniel Briere Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is Daniel Briere Done With Montreal Canadiens? (Jan '14) Mar '14 John 9
News Could P.A. Parenteau be a fit with the Montreal... (Jan '14) Mar '14 John 6
News 5 Montreal Canadiens Who Should Be on the Tradi... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Spartacus1962 2
News Montreal Canadiens Trade Rumors: Why Montreal M... (Nov '13) Dec '13 Robert 12
News Daniel Briere injured after taking a check to t... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Spartacus1962 10
News NHL notebook: Daniel Briere doesn't want to lea... (Mar '13) Mar '13 cf19 2
News Philadelphia Flyers: Who Will Replace Jaromir J... (Aug '12) Nov '12 Johny 2
More from around the web