Rangers send Hollweg to Toronto for draft pick

Full story: Newsday 16
The Rangers' stable of third- and fourth-line forwards emptied a bit yesterday when left wing Ryan Hollweg, 25, was shipped to Toronto for a fifth-round draft pick in 2009. Full Story
Championship

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2008
Good. Send him and his dumb penalties to Toronto

“say what you mean...”

Since: Nov 07

and mean what you say.

#2 Jul 15, 2008
absolutely...too many dumb penalties.
BKL

Dighton, MA

#4 Jul 15, 2008
So long Hollywood. Lot of heart, but very little smarts.
BigFan

Paramus, NJ

#5 Jul 15, 2008
The guy played his heart out for us but...those damn penalties.

All the best in Toronto
Marek

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Jul 15, 2008
BigFan wrote:
The guy played his heart out for us but...those damn penalties.
All the best in Toronto
Sounds like a perfect fit for the clueless Leafs.

“2014: The year we bashed Obozo”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#7 Jul 15, 2008
the guy had no real hockey skills at all
bullspitt

Fredericton, Canada

#8 Jul 15, 2008
this is a guy who is going to fit into the leafs new plan. A guy who is a real competiter, his speed in the forward posittion will be awsome for the trap.(same with hagman,and garbovski) Fletcher turned alot of his old players into draft picks. (or faster, younger players to fit the trap style) from what i see in this off season the leafs are now a stronger faster team its to bad they couldnt lock up sundin now. i really like where the team is heading the only concern i have is, i think they could have got some of the free agents they signed a little cheaper than what they went for. but i do know its hard to convince a player to come to a hockey town were they will be critazized for every move they make( so mabe thats why so much money had to be spent) oh ya and with fletcher getting so many defenceman watch for a trade macabe most likly but to get someone to take him they will need to sweetin the deal with a good young player ( white,stralman,)watch out fletcher doesnt make a 6 player trade.
simons pinata

New York, NY

#9 Jul 15, 2008
The IQ level of the NY Rangers just went up by several points, from an overall 37 to a 41, cheers, Ranger idiots!

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#10 Jul 16, 2008
simons pinata wrote:
The IQ level of the NY Rangers just went up by several points, from an overall 37 to a 41, cheers, Ranger idiots!
too bad yours keeps declining. loser.

“LETS GO RANGERS”

Since: Apr 07

Ottawa, Canada

#11 Jul 16, 2008
bullspitt wrote:
this is a guy who is going to fit into the leafs new plan. A guy who is a real competiter, his speed in the forward posittion will be awsome for the trap.(same with hagman,and garbovski) Fletcher turned alot of his old players into draft picks.(or faster, younger players to fit the trap style) from what i see in this off season the leafs are now a stronger faster team its to bad they couldnt lock up sundin now. i really like where the team is heading the only concern i have is, i think they could have got some of the free agents they signed a little cheaper than what they went for. but i do know its hard to convince a player to come to a hockey town were they will be critazized for every move they make( so mabe thats why so much money had to be spent) oh ya and with fletcher getting so many defenceman watch for a trade macabe most likly but to get someone to take him they will need to sweetin the deal with a good young player ( white,stralman,)watch out fletcher doesnt make a 6 player trade.
He's used to being criticized in NY, so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck with him, maybe he'll work out for you.

“say what you mean...”

and mean what you say.

#13 Jul 16, 2008
simons pinata wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, and in about ten years i will reach your level, rectum ring!
i rest my case, moron
simons pinata

New York, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2008
Thats not all that gets rested by you, is it? Try using the tad of grey matter between your ears, dipzhit!
simons pinata

New York, NY

#15 Jul 21, 2008
mommaroo wrote:
<quoted text> i rest my case, moron

hey, mommaroo, see above post.
NYRfan

Stamford, CT

#16 Jul 22, 2008
i went to the game where hollweg scored his only point in 06-07, a goal with the net wide empty for a tap in on a pass from jagr, aka his defining moment as a ranger
Rich A

United States

#17 Aug 7, 2008
simon i bet you couldnt even take two steps on the ice without busting your a**. Little retards like yourself shouldnt be talking hockey.
Rich A

New Windsor, NY

#18 Aug 9, 2008
The rangers whole fourth line was garbage. I like Orr but Betts and Hollweg are trash. Hopefully they will lose Betts and put together a decent fourth that will get more than 5 points a season

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chris Simon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Job of Islanders' enforcer likely to be parttime (Sep '08) Sep '08 nyy 10
Roster spot and cancer: A two-fisted fight (Sep '08) Sep '08 Sweet Tooth 1
Roster spot, cancer: Two-fisted fight for Isles... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mike Carlton 5
Islanders re-sign Jeff Tambellini for two years (Jul '08) Jul '08 Rob 5
Former Islander Simon signs with Russian team (May '08) Jun '08 Party On Garth 19
Simon leaves Wild for Russian team (May '08) May '08 Greg - Prior Lake 2
GM confirms Chris Simon will play for Russian team (May '08) May '08 3sidesofastory 2
More from around the web