Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks

Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks

There are 55 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 10, 2009, titled Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Often when something positive happens for the Blackhawks , coach Joel Quenneville will maintain his typically stoic behavior and merely say things are "trending well." Consider the Hawks to be trending quite well in their Western Conference semifinal series against the Vancouver Canucks .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Section 313

North Chicago, IL

#43 May 11, 2009
Less than 4 hours!
Thin The Herd

Corpus Christi, TX

#44 May 11, 2009
ChiBrat wrote:
<quoted text>
No Matter what happens these kids and the few vets they have can NOT blow it. They have already had a wonderful season. No one, not even themsleves exoected the to get this far but it sure is fun!!
Back in December, when they were on a great roll, I thought an excellent season would be to win a first round series and go deep into the second playoff round.

The Hawks have sure done that, and look to extend the season for another round.

Even if the unlikely happens and they drop tonight's game and lose in Vancouver, this will be a very positive season, and will be the beginning of a consistent Cup challenger.
Thin The Herd

Corpus Christi, TX

#45 May 11, 2009
paul wrote:
<quoted text>
We will be glued to the TV tonight and will be at the UC with you and the rest of our regulars in spirit.I get loud enough here at home that I guess my wife thinks I lost my mind but she justs doesn't understand Hawks fever. Lets cheer the kids on to finish the job here in Chicago.GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
My dog has fled the room more than one time in this playoff run, as I've shot out of the couch, for a goal, bad call, etc.

I'm also sick of the media giving this team so little respect. I heard some HNIC guy today on XM radio, talking about how the Hawks are shaky on home ice. I guess the idiot hasn't looked to see the Hawks have won 4 of 5 at the UC in the postseason so far.

I'll bet the kids watched Carolina lay an egg last night by not being ready, and they'll learn from that. Not so speak of that fact that they've already closed out the Flames at the first opportunity.
Thin The Herd

Corpus Christi, TX

#46 May 11, 2009
Chico17 wrote:
The only way to play the game every night be it HS, Juniors, College, Minor Pro or the NHL is exactly what Q told his guys. You have to play one shift at a time and genuinly concentrate on that shift. We tell our HS boys to bring it all every shift and you have done your best. I tell my goalies to concentrate on one shot at a time and only that shot. That's the secret to winning hockey. It sounds simple but is difficult game in and game out. Keep the feet moving boys, use that youth and speed and let's put the Canucks away. Khabby is such a veteran. He knows exactly what he needs to do. I feel a huge game coming for him. GO HAWKS!
Speaking of Coach Q: It's hard to give him enough credit for taking this very young team, with very little playoff experience, and instilling the maturity they've shown in just about every shift of every game.

That, my fellow Hawk fanatics, is coaching.
USMCVet

Brook, IN

#47 May 11, 2009
I have to say, the Canucks are very fragile right now. The Hawks need to get a couple of goals to break their will. They also need to be disciplined and stay away from the penalty box.
If they cannot execute, it will be a tough game. I think if they get a couple of goal lead, the Canucks will give up..
Super Dooper

Victoria, Canada

#48 May 11, 2009
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the aforementioned obnoxious Vancouver fans has crawled out of his hole, looking for that first bong hit of the day. That is the breakfast of champions in BC.
Hey, Mr. Wishy-washy. If you like the Canucks, but will cheer for Chicago if they win, but feel the Hawks are in tough against Detroit who are you really cheering for? Pick a side already rather than bandwagon jumping. Or, lay off the bong for a few hours.
Do I fell sorry for you because you are a wiener that probably has no friends, or that you live in Edmonchuck?
Super Dooper

Victoria, Canada

#49 May 11, 2009
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me how this post last week from a Vancouver fan, who has already planned the victory party on Robson Street, is supposed to relate to hockey:
turvey wrote:
He Chicago.Whats with all the small kids getting murdered in your city ?Your Mayor ses its the same in every city which is the second stupidest thing I heard today.The other was the Hawks are going to win the series !
Canucks in Six.Yes Six !!!!!
Vancouvers boys have the Hawks number now.They were 3 mins away from victory.I see the Hawks STILL Can't get the first goal.hahaha
Go Canucks.
Seriously I feel bad for the Kids out there.
Is that not obnoxious?
Jack needs a life. If that is possible in Buttf8ck, Nowhere. To go back and look for stuff a week ago? What about all the BS posters going on about Hawks in 4, Hawks in 5, Hawks in 6, Hawks in 7, que the violin, we got robbed, the refs where shite, the Canucks got lucky, bla, bla, bla!

You are one goofy dude. The Hawks have won, well..........Jack!
Super Dooper

Victoria, Canada

#50 May 11, 2009
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
I quite enjoy visiting the province of British Columbia and its fine municipalities of all sizes like Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna, Radium, et al. Obnoxious Canucks fans, not so much.
Is that because they fill your hat with spare change rather than the kick to the ribs you get on your streets?

Since: Dec 08

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada

#51 May 11, 2009
Super Dooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that because they fill your hat with spare change rather than the kick to the ribs you get on your streets?
I see you've come up for air after spending the day with your face buried in your boyfriend's lap.
Super Dooper

Victoria, Canada

#52 May 11, 2009
Jack Tupp wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've come up for air after spending the day with your face buried in your boyfriend's lap.
Don't do funny. You're not good at it.

“<insert witty comment here>”

Since: Jul 07

Arlington Heights, IL

#53 May 11, 2009
Hockeyfan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is, but being obnoxious is certainly not exclusive to Vancouver fans
That's true, but I haven't seen any Red Wings fans posting here so far. Oh, I just jinxed it, didn't I?
Chris Chelios

Bloomingdale, IL

#54 May 11, 2009
nova0311 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, but I haven't seen any Red Wings fans posting here so far. Oh, I just jinxed it, didn't I?
You goy something you want to say, punk?!

“<insert witty comment here>”

Since: Jul 07

Arlington Heights, IL

#55 May 11, 2009
Chris Chelios wrote:
<quoted text>You goy something you want to say, punk?!
Yeah Chris, you shouldn't have left. Ya broke my son's heart, dude. Anyone but the Red Wings!
jim in arizona

Show Low, AZ

#56 May 11, 2009
the BLACKHAWKS just had "too" many men on the ice & it cost them! pay attention because this silly mistake just may have COST you the game!

Since: Dec 08

Edmonton, Canada

#57 May 12, 2009
Super Dooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do funny. You're not good at it.
Thanks for coming out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 on the road 15
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 JRN 10
News Blue Jackets notebook: Draft pick used to watch... (Jun '11) Jun '11 DfromBG 1
News Campbell: a We Just Feel More Comfortable In Ou... (Jan '11) Jan '11 chiboy 1
News Chicago Blackhawks To Match Offer Sheet For Nik... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Go Hawks 1
News Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks Fans Thank You ... (May '10) May '10 DEV STARR 2
News Sharp Scores 2 As Blackhawks Tie Series At 2-2 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 McDonald 1
More from around the web