Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks

Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks

There are 55 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 10, 2009, titled Blackhawks hope to close out Canucks. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Often when something positive happens for the Blackhawks , coach Joel Quenneville will maintain his typically stoic behavior and merely say things are "trending well." Consider the Hawks to be trending quite well in their Western Conference semifinal series against the Vancouver Canucks .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gop Rest in Peace

Orlando, FL

#1 May 10, 2009
Kudos to the Blackhawks, they were great last night!
since61

Mesa, AZ

#2 May 10, 2009
Time to put them away!
Double Standard Reggie

United States

#3 May 10, 2009
So close, don't blow it.
Dave

United States

#4 May 10, 2009
We finally have a hockey team again that shows that they can win despite the oppositions subposed superiority.

Long time Hawk fan
John Anthony

United States

#5 May 10, 2009
Blackhawks win Game 6...call your book...
ChiBrat

Chicago, IL

#6 May 10, 2009
Double Standard Reggie wrote:
So close, don't blow it.
No Matter what happens these kids and the few vets they have can NOT blow it. They have already had a wonderful season. No one, not even themsleves exoected the to get this far but it sure is fun!!
Stan Mikita

Grayslake, IL

#7 May 10, 2009
FINISH THEM!
Oak Park Lefty

Edmond, OK

#8 May 10, 2009
Time to put 'em away - and then worry about the Red Wings. Great season regardless and it's good to see Chicago mentioned with the big guys in the NHL again.
olduffman

Sarnia, Canada

#9 May 10, 2009
ChiBrat wrote:
<quoted text>
No Matter what happens these kids and the few vets they have can NOT blow it. They have already had a wonderful season. No one, not even themsleves exoected the to get this far but it sure is fun!!
Well said this team has been a blast to follow all year,win or lose they have restored my faith in this great frachise. I sure hope they pull it off GO HAWKS GO !!!!!!!!!!
ChiCity

Chicago, IL

#10 May 11, 2009
What a fun club to watch. They are quick, real good with the puck and some of their stick Handling and passes are incredible. Put all that with the Defensive guys like Keith,Seabrook,Campbell and a good netminder like Habby and your destined for a good time :)
Section 319

Munster, IN

#11 May 11, 2009
It was only a dream that the Hawks would get to the Conference finals. No one imganined they'd get that far this year. We aint there yet, but a win tonight will be one of the great moments in Chicago sports.

Amazing to see how far they've come, the youngest team in the league. Yet they've got incredible depth. Everyone of those 18 guys has made significant contributions.

Khabby has been what we hoped for when we signed him. He's a money player. Bigtime. I expecty Khabby to be the first star tonight.

Hoping to see handshakes tonight as the UC crowd goes wild.

Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
WI Bear

Baldwin, WI

#12 May 11, 2009
So glad we can get the games up here in God's Country.

Go Hawks!!! Finish it tonight!!!
Bill

United States

#13 May 11, 2009
Kudos to everyone in the Hawks organization. The have been solid in the playoffs and they are young. Which tells me that no matter the outcome of this playoff run, they will be good for many years to come !

“COMMIT TO THE INDIAN”

Since: Oct 08

Naperville

#14 May 11, 2009
I can't wait for the game tonight. It is going to be crazy in the UC. The Hawks can win this in front of the home crowd and then we will be in the conference finals. Oh my, I didn't think I would be saying that this year. This team is the real deal, lets go Hawks.
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#15 May 11, 2009
Section 319 wrote:
It was only a dream that the Hawks would get to the Conference finals. No one imganined they'd get that far this year. We aint there yet, but a win tonight will be one of the great moments in Chicago sports.
Amazing to see how far they've come, the youngest team in the league. Yet they've got incredible depth. Everyone of those 18 guys has made significant contributions.
Khabby has been what we hoped for when we signed him. He's a money player. Bigtime. I expecty Khabby to be the first star tonight.
Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
Make it load up there 319, I want to hear you all the way in the southwest suburbs!!!!

This team has had heart all year, they have provided the skill too. Finish off Vancouver tonight, and just keep taking it one game at a time.

9 wins.

Commit to the Indian.
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#16 May 11, 2009
loud*
Northside

Elgin, IL

#17 May 11, 2009
Tim - Hockey Rules wrote:
I can't wait for the game tonight. It is going to be crazy in the UC. The Hawks can win this in front of the home crowd and then we will be in the conference finals. Oh my, I didn't think I would be saying that this year. This team is the real deal, lets go Hawks.
I have been out of the country for the last week and a half and missed the first 5 games. Trust me I was not very happy. BUt to return home to our Hawks kicking some major as-s is a great feeling.
I said it at the begining of the series.......Hawks in 6. I think they can put them away tonight and the UC will be the loudest tonight it has been all season.
LETS GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!
paul

Elmira, Canada

#18 May 11, 2009
Section 319 wrote:
Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
Let's Go Hawks!
I got a major case of butterflies already and the game doesn't start for another 10 hours. I think I am going to heaad out for the gym to work some of it off. GO HAWKS GO!!!!!
paul

Elmira, Canada

#20 May 11, 2009
We will be glued to the TV tonight and will be at the UC with you and the rest of our regulars in spirit.I get loud enough here at home that I guess my wife thinks I lost my mind but she justs doesn't understand Hawks fever. Lets cheer the kids on to finish the job here in Chicago.GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!
Bryan

Evanston, IL

#21 May 11, 2009
Tim, keep it rockin!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 on the road 15
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 JRN 10
News Blue Jackets notebook: Draft pick used to watch... (Jun '11) Jun '11 DfromBG 1
News Campbell: a We Just Feel More Comfortable In Ou... (Jan '11) Jan '11 chiboy 1
News Chicago Blackhawks To Match Offer Sheet For Nik... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Go Hawks 1
News Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks Fans Thank You ... (May '10) May '10 DEV STARR 2
News Sharp Scores 2 As Blackhawks Tie Series At 2-2 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 McDonald 1
More from around the web