Chicago Blackhawks draw more women, African-Americans

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Midway through the second period of Friday night's 4-3 overtime victory for the Blackhawks over the Red Wings at the United Center , Michael Jordan and Bobby Hull clasped hands outside a luxury suite.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
eddie shore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

DETROIT SUCKS
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Blackhawks don't need redwings.
Allison L

Westchester, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

eddie shore wrote:
DETROIT SUCKS
I am a lifetime Hawk fan, but sophomoric goofs, such as you, who intone the inane chant you evoke deserve no better than a lashing.
PHIL SMITH JR

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

WHEN IT'S PLAY-OFF TIME, IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHICAGO
FAN, YOU WILL GIVE YOUR SUPPORT TO WHATEVER TEAM IS DOING WELL!
THE BLACKHAWKS DESERVE TO DO WELL, THEY HAVE BECOME A FAN FRIENDLY TEAM, ALL GAMES ON TELEVISON, THEY HAVE A YOUNG VIBRANT TEAM, AND THE COACHING CHANGE WAS RIGHT OUT OF CENTRAL CASTING, AND DENNIS SAVARD IS SUCH A CLASSY PERSON THAT HE CONTINUES TO BE WITH THE TEAM IN
ANOTHER CAPACITY, THE BLACKHAWKS MAY NOT WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR, BUT THE TEAM IS HERE TO STAY!
AND THE FANS ARE HERE TO STAY AS WELL!
HAWKEYtown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Allison L wrote:
<quoted text> I am a lifetime Hawk fan, but sophomoric goofs, such as you, who intone the inane chant you evoke deserve no better than a lashing.
Allison... Too Much coffee this morning. The Detroit Sucks Chant is only a fun part of a cool Original 6 Rivalry. Its not really intended as anything other than that. Relax and have fun and If the Detroit Sucks Chant bothers you dont join in, there will still be 20,000 others who will.

I know you did not say this but others have so i have to address it. Why in the world do people consider most of these "NEW" Fans, Bandwagon fans?? MOST of these people have been HUGE Fans of the Hawks growing up. There was just a certain person in Charge that drove people away in droves. It really was ashame. Now that his son is running things and Hawk Fans feel the Team coming to life they came back to spend their hard earned money. Besides, These so called Bandwagon Fans were filling the UC from the very 1st game Not just near playoff time. No Bandwagon there.

Sorry about the rant but that bothers me.
HAWKEYtown

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

PHIL SMITH JR wrote:
WHEN IT'S PLAY-OFF TIME, IF YOU ARE A TRUE CHICAGO
FAN, YOU WILL GIVE YOUR SUPPORT TO WHATEVER TEAM IS DOING WELL!
THE BLACKHAWKS DESERVE TO DO WELL, THEY HAVE BECOME A FAN FRIENDLY TEAM, ALL GAMES ON TELEVISON, THEY HAVE A YOUNG VIBRANT TEAM, AND THE COACHING CHANGE WAS RIGHT OUT OF CENTRAL CASTING, AND DENNIS SAVARD IS SUCH A CLASSY PERSON THAT HE CONTINUES TO BE WITH THE TEAM IN
ANOTHER CAPACITY, THE BLACKHAWKS MAY NOT WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR, BUT THE TEAM IS HERE TO STAY!
AND THE FANS ARE HERE TO STAY AS WELL!
Nice post Phil.

As far as African American and woman attendance on the rise? I hope it stays that way. They have been missing a wonderful sport and there are More and More African Americans and Woman playing thew game also. As a True Hockey and Blackhawk Fan from way back I welcome All.
eddie shore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

Allison L wrote:
<quoted text> I am a lifetime Hawk fan, but sophomoric goofs, such as you, who intone the inane chant you evoke deserve no better than a lashing.
There is no way honey that you are a Hawks fan ,you are an imposter, do not even try that here, now back to the assembly line right now your break is over
Pelon

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

I have always been a Blackhawks fan!

I just didn't like the ownership running the team at the time!

Go ROCKY!

Run for mayor! You already have a million plus votes out here!
We love our sports in Chicago!
Bob

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

i think it's perfect for a place like chicago that is both incredibly diverse and an incredible sports city to hopefully break down some of the demographic difficulties hockey has had.

I'd be interested to know if latinos have shown any interest in the hawks.
KAG

Mundelein, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2009

The Black Hawks always seemed to draw lots of females fans, but not many minorities. The last couple years in their old ballpark the White Sox drew lots of black fans to the $4 right-field seats. Now, bleachers at Sox games cost $33 or more, and the fans out there are mostly white.

Prices and economics play a role. Will the Hawks tickets suddenly skyrocket as have baseball tickets?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Brian Campbell Discussions

Search the Brian Campbell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 on the road 15
Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 JRN 10
Blue Jackets notebook: Draft pick used to watch... (Jun '11) Jun '11 DfromBG 1
Campbell: a We Just Feel More Comfortable In Ou... (Jan '11) Jan '11 chiboy 1
Chicago Blackhawks To Match Offer Sheet For Nik... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Go Hawks 1
Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks Fans Thank You ... (May '10) May '10 DEV STARR 2
Sharp Scores 2 As Blackhawks Tie Series At 2-2 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 McDonald 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••