Red Wings make Blackhawks pay for mis...

Red Wings make Blackhawks pay for mistakes

There are 48 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 17, 2009, titled Red Wings make Blackhawks pay for mistakes. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For the past 10 years or so, Rule No. 1 in the NHL has been that you can't make mistakes against the Red Wings .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Feces For Jesus

United States

#47 May 18, 2009
yeaaah wrote:
At least we are better at baseball, football (who isnt?) and basketball, and on and on. All superior sports (and more popular) than hockey. I suppose Detroit can be better at something. Poor city, they need something to hold onto. If the Hawks win this series they officially have nothing to be happy about there.
The cities alone are like comparing Ugly Betty to Jessica Alba.
Baseball is, oh-so-tough, to stand in the field and wait for the ball to come to get hit to you.... or to sit and wait for 8 other guys to bat. I guess that makes it superior. Those relief pitchers really strain themselves, don't they !! Don't get me started on basketball, a sport in which a player will sit out because of an injured toe.
adam

Mesa, AZ

#48 May 18, 2009
the wings dominated that game and if it weren't for khabibulin, it would've been over early in the 2nd period. watching the game, not the scoreboard, there is not much a hawks fan can take from it to believe they have any chance at winning a 7 game series.

the hawks are like the penguins last year, trying to beat the wings at their own game. this isn't the year when the little grasshopper defeats the master.
john

Hudsonville, MI

#49 May 18, 2009
mcav99 wrote:
If Chicago plays like that again , this will be a very short series.
Just like Pittsburgh, C-Bus, and Duck fans, Chicago fans don't give the Wings credit, then they play and the Wings shut them down. It happens over and over.
When will people realize?
hey I am a long time wings fan however DO NOT compare the hawks to the pens in anyway. the young hawks players seem to be good solid honest hockey players unlike that egotistical unattractive little whinner CINDY cosby. the hawks will be a better stonger more succesful hockey team long term with it's group of young players than pittsburgh.
Great White North Fan

Fort Mcmurray, Canada

#50 May 18, 2009
I'll give the Wings credit - they turned it on in the third period and won going away. But, it was tied 2-2 well into the third period, and but for a couple of very uncharacteristic turnovers by Seabrook and Keith, the Hawks could have won the game. I think the Red Wings fans are getting a little carried away with their enthusiasm. The Hawks showed in each of the first two series that they could adjust as they went along, and in both series they improved considerably as games got down to crunch time.
vegas guy

Las Vegas, NV

#51 May 18, 2009
yeaaah wrote:
At least we are better at baseball, football (who isnt?) and basketball, and on and on. All superior sports (and more popular) than hockey. I suppose Detroit can be better at something. Poor city, they need something to hold onto. If the Hawks win this series they officially have nothing to be happy about there.
The cities alone are like comparing Ugly Betty to Jessica Alba.
Don't be so thrilled to live in Chicago....Chicago, Detroit, Pittsburgh= Tundra, Tundra,Tundra...skidding down the road looking at dirty snow...:)...I feel for ALL of you....enjoy your next 4 and a 1/2 months...here comes winter again.....Gawd, I've been on Lake shore Dr. in Jan., get the chills just remembering it. Found out all about the term "windy city"....NO THANKS.....give it to the polar bears(hmm...maybe that's why they're Da Bears:)
LA Wings

AOL

#52 May 18, 2009
ChiCity wrote:
Man that guy from michigan is class personafied huh?
I Mean 'Your Jerk off team" Wow, those are some fancy words right there. Congrats on the 4th grade education. Home schooled and youer mThis the second time you have mom got sick of you at 10??
This is the second time you mentioned 4th grade in your posts. Maybe that was the top grade of your schooling.

Read your own post and you will see a number of grammar errors. Dont act so high and mighty, your not that bright.

Before the series started, hawk fans had this "blind optimism" this has subsided and only a few are being unrealistic. I think you guys have a good chance of stealing one today, if you dont it is over.
Balome

Sterling Heights, MI

#53 May 19, 2009
I REST MY CASE-------THANK YOU L A WINGS
Feces For Jesus

Hicksville, NY

#54 May 19, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>hey I am a long time wings fan however DO NOT compare the hawks to the pens in anyway. the young hawks players seem to be good solid honest hockey players unlike that egotistical unattractive little whinner CINDY cosby. the hawks will be a better stonger more succesful hockey team long term with it's group of young players than pittsburgh.
I'm not a fan of Crosby, but the guy has been awesome this playoff year. The Pens have a great group of young guys, including a young goalie, so it's hard to say who's going to end up better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 on the road 15
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 JRN 10
News Blue Jackets notebook: Draft pick used to watch... (Jun '11) Jun '11 DfromBG 1
News Campbell: a We Just Feel More Comfortable In Ou... (Jan '11) Jan '11 chiboy 1
News Chicago Blackhawks To Match Offer Sheet For Nik... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Go Hawks 1
News Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks Fans Thank You ... (May '10) May '10 DEV STARR 2
News Sharp Scores 2 As Blackhawks Tie Series At 2-2 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 McDonald 1
More from around the web