Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian C...

Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell working hard to tu...

There are 23 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 26, 2009, titled Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Brian Campbell working hard to tu.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Blackhawks held an optional practice Thursday and it's no surprise Brian Campbell was one of the 10 participants on the ice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tony

Clermont, FL

#21 Mar 28, 2009
BFM wrote:
Speaking of Campbell and shooting the puck...he's got the goofyest looking slap shot I've seen in a while. He takes a really loopy backswing then comes thru the puck with an open face blade, like someone who's trying to get extra loft on a 3-wood.
Has anybody else noticed this or am I crazy?
Yeah and he misses the net half the time
Tony

Clermont, FL

#22 Mar 28, 2009
BFM wrote:
Showing up at an optional practice is commendable. Saying all the right things is expected. Game time, in the end, is all that matters to me. Campbell had a stretch where he was brutal. He's been better the last week. It does no good to boo your own players. Especially him, a seemingly sensitive sort who might tank completely if the full wrath of the UC crowd was unleashed on him.
The playoffs can make heros or goats out of anybody. We will soon find out who the "gamers" are on this team.
It will be interesting to see how BC plays in this year's playoffs considering his vanishing in last year's for SJ...IMO he still not doing enough on the offensive front..
paul

Elmira, Canada

#23 Mar 28, 2009
Campbell is 5th on the hawks in points.
Does anyone remember Larry Murphy? He was booed out of Toronto and the Leafs traded him to the Red Wings for a couple pylons and a bag of pucks. All he did with the Wings is become a key D-man for 2 cup wins.
For those folks booing BC remember you may see him traded away but you may regret it if he comes back to haunt you.
The guy is working to get his game up to where HE WANTS IT. I know he isn't happy with the last few games and he doen't need some jackass in the fans reminding him by booing. Ever hear of FAN SUPPORT? I am sure Q has already given his ass a boot but he won't do it in the press like Wilson does in Toronto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brian Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 on the road 15
News Bob Hunter commentary: Jackets need Carter to g... (Jun '11) Jun '11 JRN 10
News Blue Jackets notebook: Draft pick used to watch... (Jun '11) Jun '11 DfromBG 1
News Campbell: a We Just Feel More Comfortable In Ou... (Jan '11) Jan '11 chiboy 1
News Chicago Blackhawks To Match Offer Sheet For Nik... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Go Hawks 1
News Dale Tallon, Chicago Blackhawks Fans Thank You ... (May '10) May '10 DEV STARR 2
News Sharp Scores 2 As Blackhawks Tie Series At 2-2 ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 McDonald 1