Tom Powers: Minnesota Wild need to ad...

Tom Powers: Minnesota Wild need to add a sniper or two to be a playoff contender

There are 8 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 19, 2011, titled Tom Powers: Minnesota Wild need to add a sniper or two to be a playoff contender. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Where was that game when the Wild were still in contention? The Wild engaged in an entertaining tilt against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

TC Florida

Cocoa Beach, FL

#1 Mar 19, 2011
The Wild's play off hopes are fading. I agree with the assessment of this article that an offensive threat is the missing piece. That must be addressed this off season. The team is too close to being a play off team to just continue being mediocre. Not to mention that the team has a rabid fan base that they would be foolish to alienate by not showing marked improvement.
hello

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 19, 2011
Bottom 3 in the league in scoring all year..

“Get A Job!!”

Since: Mar 11

Eden Prairie

#3 Mar 20, 2011
What they need is a new state so they can stink up a different one. The Iowa Wild sound good to me.
32 OWL

Brownsville, TX

#4 Mar 20, 2011
Use one of our many goalies to obtain a bonafide goal scorer in the off season.
Spector

Northfield, MN

#5 Mar 20, 2011
Wild need to revamp the entire team before being considered a serious playoff threat. Just doing enough to get into the playoffs just to be stepping stones for other teams for 10 yrs now is ridiculous.

IF James Sheppard breaks camp with them next year and is on the roster come opening day, its over already.
This Guy

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Mar 20, 2011
I rarely agree with Mr. Powers, but he's spot-on with this. If they don't get a couple of bonafide scorers, I'll be selling the majority of my season tickets next year.
Spector

Northfield, MN

#7 Mar 20, 2011
This Montreal game is just ridiculously horrible.

Oh, thank god its.....Backstrom comin' in.

Thanks Fletch/Leopold for your vision of what a great team you think this is....
pud

Iola, WI

#8 Mar 22, 2011
Mr. Powers makes some good points, except the cash answer. The departing players are the inexpensive ones and Koivu's contract kicks in. They'll be up against the cap even before they get started. Trade is the only answer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brent Burns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Breaking Down Clash Between Boston Bruins' 'D' ... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Jones 4
News 2012 NHL Mock Draft: Best 1st-Round Fit for Eac... (May '12) May '12 Gary Smith 1
News NHL notebook: Wild counting on Heatley to score... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Eric 1
News NHL: Sharks trade Dany Heatley to Wild for Mart... (Jul '11) Jul '11 fefifofum 1
News Trade winds start for Jackets | The Columbus Di... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Section 101 7
News Wild fans bid an emotional farewell to their 't... (May '11) May '11 kecker 38
News Ask Matty: What about a Burns for Hemsky trade? (Apr '11) Apr '11 Oilernut267 1
More from around the web