Quenneville should be next Islanders coach

Full story: Newsday 65
The first requirement for the next coach of the Islanders is that he be able to deal with young players. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#61 Jul 18, 2008
jafo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Tap, i dont agree with you on many issues, but some of these newbie pinheads on here, must not know you from the older boards, with your buddy from feuer bush dr. degall, actually correcting your "spelling" shows how naive they are!
Newbie pinheads, I like that. Very good pationate post. Little ricky and lumpy would be proud. VIVA PATION !!!
Zack

Napa, CA

#62 Jul 19, 2008
I can't think of anything that could have been more disheartening to the players, and the fans than to have canned an excellent coach as Snow did, philosophical differences notwithstanding, at this time. By doing that, he's created an incredibly negative situation (just read 100% of the comments by fans and sportswriters) - and, WHO would possibly want to follow Nolan as the Islanders next coach now. I can only think someone would have to be pretty desperate to take on the present fiasco. Too bad Snow can't somehow make amends with Nolan - I can't think of any other way out of this mess for the players, for the fans for everyone. But, of course, GMs don't make mistakes. A very very sad situation. And with some good players there and coming. Why this had to happen ... In my opinion, it was a stupid, thoughtless, and selfish move by Snow - Disappointing. That one move may color many seasons to come. But, Garth, you got what you wanted...
easy answer

Center Moriches, NY

#63 Jul 19, 2008
FIRE SNOW AND BRING BACK NOLAN!

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Since: Feb 08

Long Island

#64 Jul 20, 2008
Zack wrote:
I can't think of anything that could have been more disheartening to the players, and the fans than to have canned an excellent coach as Snow did, philosophical differences notwithstanding, at this time. By doing that, he's created an incredibly negative situation (just read 100% of the comments by fans and sportswriters)- and, WHO would possibly want to follow Nolan as the Islanders next coach now. I can only think someone would have to be pretty desperate to take on the present fiasco. Too bad Snow can't somehow make amends with Nolan - I can't think of any other way out of this mess for the players, for the fans for everyone. But, of course, GMs don't make mistakes. A very very sad situation. And with some good players there and coming. Why this had to happen ... In my opinion, it was a stupid, thoughtless, and selfish move by Snow - Disappointing. That one move may color many seasons to come. But, Garth, you got what you wanted...
So you actually think that it would have somehow been LESS disheartening to keep a coach that didnt want to coach them. In your mind you actually think that wanting a coach who wants to be there and believe in the players is thoughtless and selfish.

UNREAL.
snow removal

Bronx, NY

#65 Jul 21, 2008
so mark, what is the real reason Ted is gone? Ted has had a checkered past, is the "philosophical differences" headline just a smokescreen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5

Brendan Witt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE