MAPLE LEAFS 5, ISLANDERS 4: No quit in them

Full story: Newsday 22
Whether through anger over their roles, frustration with losing, determination to please rookie coach Scott Gordon or the most basic reason of all - professional pride - the last-place Islanders have not quit ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Frans and KO need a new move in the shootout.

Why cant Tamby shoot like that in a game?
GANG Banger

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Battfist wrote:
Because of the traffic and the havoc around the high slot- It's extremely difficult to score in this league....athletic goalies with oversized equipment don't give shooters much of chance- This is why Ovechkin may very well be the greatest player EVER- because of the era he's playing in and his ability to score at even strength-

Should have never gotten rid of Jason Blake.....the guy still flys and would have been worth every penny to keep him here-

Just another stupid move-

“Hoping LI moves past the 70's”

Since: Feb 08

Long Island

#3 Feb 27, 2009
agreed, batfist... especially Okposo.
Matt Potvin

Medford, NY

#4 Feb 27, 2009
wow-Martinek out with an injury...that's unusual.
I am sure Witt will be suspended 50 games by "Colon" Campell...
we may be in last place, but this team does not quit and that is something positive for the future...if that mentality can remain.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2009
Actually Witt knocked out Nick Hagman. Unfortunate cheap shot. Witt usually knows better. He'll probly be suspended for that.
ThenewislesGM

New Rochelle, NY

#6 Feb 27, 2009
I think Danis is the guy. Alil bit more time in this league, I think he might come out better in the end. We should trade Mac and let another team get a glimpse of him that are having goaltender issues. Say Colorado, Toronto, St. Louis, Phoenix. Just something to think about. Either way, both goalies are UFA this summer. Just something to think about.
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Feb 27, 2009
the Isles lost again, not unexpectedly but the highlight is the Ranger$ lost again. As Scott Gomez might say, "Nuevo jefe, lo mismo mierda, pero yo tengo MUCHO dinero"
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Feb 27, 2009
How does Gordon allow this team to not keep up the momentum after tying the game twice from two goal deficits-
TWICE...WTF ? The pressure is on Toronto, they're on their heels not their toes and the Islanders can't finish them off while they're vulnerable, gassed, lacking confidence- The Islanders took their foot off the pedal TWICE last night and it probably cost them two points in regulation (not that it matters) but this team must learn to kick teams while they're down- Go for thr throat- Gordon is a puddy-
skating on sand

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Well they blocked out the word shit in Spanish, lets try it in greek..Skata, or how about Italian..merde. Maybe French..merd. German-scheise.
Word

United States

#10 Feb 27, 2009
Only got to see the last period, but I they did a nice job of fighting back. Seeing much more heart from this team.
At least I enjoy watching them again.
champ4

AOL

#11 Feb 27, 2009
i agree i thought the islanders palyed a great game.yes hoping for the future i wish we could have done this sooner.okey mart again he sos accident prone are ya kidding?i missed the game i guess with richard park when did that happen ouch,,broken ribs? i just hope the team stays on long island i dont liv ethere no more but if i did i would go to the games.they need fan support.wow the rangers lost again they were winning its mor ethen the coach i got news for ya... lol.....i just want to beat them on our last game please that would be wonderful right?!!! lol lets go islanders....
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 27, 2009
GANG Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the traffic and the havoc around the high slot- It's extremely difficult to score in this league....athletic goalies with oversized equipment don't give shooters much of chance- This is why Ovechkin may very well be the greatest player EVER- because of the era he's playing in and his ability to score at even strength-
Should have never gotten rid of Jason Blake.....the guy still flys and would have been worth every penny to keep him here-
Just another stupid move-
I dnt know by not signing Blake was a stupid move...Personally I think he is over-paid.
Michael Delman

Menlo Park, CA

#13 Feb 27, 2009
OK Witt is one of my favorite players, but that hit on Stajan looked about as intentional as it can get. He was heading for the puck after getting his stick knocked away from him, was frustrated, looked up and saw Stajan bearing down, veered toward him and off the puck, and raised his elbow to nail him in the face. Gotta be a 5 gamer.

“I own a mansion & a yacht”

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Feb 27, 2009
Word wrote:
Only got to see the last period, but I they did a nice job of fighting back. Seeing much more heart from this team.
At least I enjoy watching them again.
I thought the rebuilding was going to be super painful to watch, but they have fight in them and they are scoring. I would trade Mac and keep Danis. They might just be building something here, which means it's almost inevitable they will move and win a Cup in KC their first year there.
Potvin Rules

Sayville, NY

#15 Feb 27, 2009
these guys play with the guts and balls of a top-tier team. i give them huge amounts of credit for that. this might be the most exciting islanders team i've seen in a long, long time.

but yeah - KO's shootout move doesn't work. in theory, it's a great move. in execution? try and at least get a shot on net! otherwise, KO has emerged a stud. this kid can play, and play well - love to watch him!

and finally- it is SO nice to watch the Rangers sink like a stone. But then again, we all saw this coming - happens every year. you can't buy a team - they very rarely gel. don't believe me? just ask any Ranger ;)
NOKC

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 27, 2009
ok, If Witt gets suspended and Martinek is out, Whos playing D?

How many D men are out with injuries?

Maybe a move at the trade deadline for Witter or Martinek?
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#17 Feb 27, 2009
ThenewislesGM wrote:
I think Danis is the guy. Alil bit more time in this league, I think he might come out better in the end. We should trade Mac and let another team get a glimpse of him that are having goaltender issues. Say Colorado, Toronto, St. Louis, Phoenix. Just something to think about. Either way, both goalies are UFA this summer. Just something to think about.
Agree-I just was reading this-

"G Yann Danis did not play in Thursday's game against Toronto, but after giving up just one goal on 68 shots in his previous two starts, Danis has posted a sterling 2.01 goals-against average and a .941 save percentage since Jan. 13."
Dr Phil

AOL

#18 Feb 27, 2009
Battfist wrote:
Wow! You actually had something negative to say about Okposo. He's lost control of the puck several times on the shootout.Right; he has to change style on the shootout. Still learning. not the next Gretzky yet. Remember, Gretzky had an unwritten rule that no one is to hit him. Okposo has no such protection. Let's give him some time before you knight him. That was my grandmother in net on Bergenheim's penalty shot. Great shot by Tambellini.Now if he could do that when there are 5 opposing players on the ice. Bt the way my grandmother says high from the great beyond and did you like her save?
Dr Phil

AOL

#19 Feb 27, 2009
Sorry on the above; Bt should be By and high sould be Hi. Have to do some better proofreading before I post. While I'm here, any rumors on Isle trades?
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 27, 2009
Dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! You actually had something negative to say about Okposo. He's lost control of the puck several times on the shootout.Right; he has to change style on the shootout. Still learning. not the next Gretzky yet. Remember, Gretzky had an unwritten rule that no one is to hit him. Okposo has no such protection. Let's give him some time before you knight him. That was my grandmother in net on Bergenheim's penalty shot. Great shot by Tambellini.Now if he could do that when there are 5 opposing players on the ice. Bt the way my grandmother says high from the great beyond and did you like her save?
Your grandma has a great kick save. May she rest in peace...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5

Brendan Witt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE