Shorthanded success

Shorthanded success

There are 18 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 23, 2008, titled Shorthanded success. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Islanders were 0-for-5 on their power play last night at RBC Center, but it hardly mattered because they were 3-for-8 on Carolina's power play.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Diesel the Boxer dog

New York, NY

#1 Jan 23, 2008
If Park keeps playing this way Toronto is going to sign him to 5 YEAR $20 Mil deal.
wayne

Henderson, NV

#2 Jan 23, 2008
Diesel the Boxer dog wrote:
If Park keeps playing this way Toronto is going to sign him to 5 YEAR $20 Mil deal.
If Milbury was still running the team , Park would be traded for Daryl Sittler just so Milbury could say he got a hall of famer in return.
kallur

Andes, NY

#3 Jan 23, 2008
Diesel the Boxer dog wrote:
Reminds me of Billy Carroll. And about Campoli, I still think he's a very valuable commodity, but he did slip a little in my estimation this year. Bad decisions with the puck I hadn't seen him make before. Comeau reminds me of the maturity Campoli showed last year (or was it the year before?).
kallur

Andes, NY

#4 Jan 23, 2008
wayne wrote:
<quoted text> If Milbury was still running the team , Park would be traded for Daryl Sittler just so Milbury could say he got a hall of famer in return.
I always thought Trottier would age as productively as Sittler, who was getting 80-90 points up until he quit. Unfortunately, Trots aged badly.
Len

New York, NY

#5 Jan 23, 2008
The Isles should just play shorthanded all game. They'd never lose.

Seriously though, that game should never have been that close. This team, for some reason, seems to lose it's aggressiveness when they have a lead. That's gotta change !!!
wayne

Henderson, NV

#6 Jan 23, 2008
Trots-Sittler. I don't remember Sittler playing as much of a physical game like Trottier and I'd like to see the amount of ice time each one played over the years.(the kiddies out there have no idea who we're talking about). Billy Carroll...excellent defensive forward, scored how many goals in his career?
kallur

Andes, NY

#7 Jan 23, 2008
wayne wrote:
Trots-Sittler. I don't remember Sittler playing as much of a physical game like Trottier and I'd like to see the amount of ice time each one played over the years.(the kiddies out there have no idea who we're talking about). Billy Carroll...excellent defensive forward, scored how many goals in his career?
He didn't play as physical a game, but I would say each got equal amounts of ice time in their last 3, 4, 5 years, maybe Sittler got a little more (18 minutes vs 15?). As for Carroll, guessing again: 40 goals?
wayne

Henderson, NV

#8 Jan 23, 2008
I remember Billy scoring his only goal 1 season. It was late in the season and the coliseum erupted. He was shocked. Okay, just looked it up.. 322 games 30 goals 54 assists. Based on an 80 game season ...4 goals/yr. Gee, another Andy Hilbert
Tepper

Livingston, NJ

#9 Jan 23, 2008
When I turned on the TV Guide channel to watch the game, I saw Wade Dubielewicz warming up between the pipes, and I was like, "oh no". But then by the end of the game, I was all like, "oh yeah" and "go Isles!!!". Even my dog was getting into it you guys.
Mike Watt

Betterton, MD

#10 Jan 23, 2008
Do not even insult Billy Carroll by putting him in the same sentence as Andy Hilbert. Billy was an excellent penalty killer&/4th Line Center& faceoff man, he knew his limited role on one of the best Hockey teams of all time.
Teppers Dog

United States

#11 Jan 23, 2008
At first I wondered why the game was on the TV Guide channel. Then I remembered it was the Islanders. Have you been to Nassau Coliseum lately? The place is a dump. they can't even accomodate seeing eye dogs like myself.
Len is right, they should play shorthanded all the time. and by shorthanded, I mean children.
Jealous rag fan

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Jan 23, 2008
Teppers Dog wrote:
At first I wondered why the game was on the TV Guide channel. Then I remembered it was the Islanders. Have you been to Nassau Coliseum lately? The place is a dump. they can't even accomodate seeing eye dogs like myself.
Len is right, they should play shorthanded all the time. and by shorthanded, I mean children.
Jealous a little?
Steve Somers

New York, NY

#15 Jan 23, 2008
MSG settles sex harassment suit with ex-Ranger cheerleader Courtney Prince
BY TRACY CONNOR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, December 27th 2007, 4:00 AM
Courtney Prince
Courtney Prince
Still reeling from one sex harassment suit, Madison Square Garden settled another Wednesday - striking an out-of-court deal with the former head of the Rangers pep squad.
A lawyer for Courtney Prince, the fired captain of the Ranger City Skaters, confirmed the deal but wouldn't elaborate.
"We resolved this matter with no admission of wrongdoing on the part of any party," her lawyer, Kathleen Peratis, said in a statement.
The Garden issued an identical statement.
Prince filed suit in 2004, claiming the Garden was a virtual frathouse where male executives treated cheerleaders like sex objects.
The Garden vigorously fought the allegations, rejecting an $800,000 deal proposed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and questioning Prince's mental health in court papers.
Two weeks after the Garden agreed to pay $11.5 million to settle a suit by former Knicks exec Anucha Browne Sanders, arena honchos also bit the bullet in the Prince case.
By settling, the Garden avoided a public trial that would have been chock-full of explosive testimony about sexually charged shenanigans off the ice.
Prince claimed she was canned after complaining that a Rangers public relations man and a former New York Times reporter propositioned her for a threesome.
She also charged that brass grilled her about the skaters' sexual habits, ordered skaters to stuff their bras and lose weight and bought booze for underage cheerleaders.
The Rangers launched a vicious counterattack, alleging in court papers that Prince suffered from bipolar disorder and was prone to "hypersexuality."
The Garden's lawyers charged that Prince was obsessed with the skaters' looks, groped them and used crass language to get them to act sexier.
Prince's case got a boost from Browne Sanders, who claimed that Rangers honchos had a "book" in which they recorded their sexual fantasies about the skaters.
Browne Sanders filed her own sexual harassment suit against the Garden months after Prince did - claiming she was fired after she complained about Knicks coach Isiah Thomas and the sleazy atmosphere in the front office.
Higgleytown Hero

Hillsdale, NJ

#16 Jan 23, 2008
Tepper wrote:
When I turned on the TV Guide channel to watch the game, I saw Wade Dubielewicz warming up between the pipes, and I was like, "oh no". But then by the end of the game, I was all like, "oh yeah" and "go Isles!!!". Even my dog was getting into it you guys.
Yeah Dubie is the greatest goaltender of all time! Dump DP, I say and play Mr. Dubie now! P.S. Another Al Arbour night coming soon!
Jethro

Hillsdale, NJ

#17 Jan 23, 2008
wayne wrote:
I remember Billy scoring his only goal 1 season. It was late in the season and the coliseum erupted. He was shocked. Okay, just looked it up.. 322 games 30 goals 54 assists. Based on an 80 game season ...4 goals/yr. Gee, another Andy Hilbert
Ah yes, those were the good old days. With Billy and Cheapo Resch, he, he, I remember it well. I used to hang out in the parking lot at the Mausoleum and drink Boone's farm.
Interplanetary Visitor

Hillsdale, NJ

#18 Jan 23, 2008
wayne wrote:
In his entire career, he scored one goal. I looked it up.
BUBBA

Far Rockaway, NY

#19 Jan 23, 2008
Steve Somers wrote:
MSG settles sex harassment suit with ex-Ranger cheerleader Courtney Prince
BY TRACY CONNOR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, December 27th 2007, 4:00 AM
Courtney Prince
Courtney Prince
Still reeling from one sex harassment suit, Madison Square Garden settled another Wednesday - striking an out-of-court deal with the former head of the Rangers pep squad.
A lawyer for Courtney Prince, the fired captain of the Ranger City Skaters, confirmed the deal but wouldn't elaborate.
"We resolved this matter with no admission of wrongdoing on the part of any party," her lawyer, Kathleen Peratis, said in a statement.
The Garden issued an identical statement.
Prince filed suit in 2004, claiming the Garden was a virtual frathouse where male executives treated cheerleaders like sex objects.
The Garden vigorously fought the allegations, rejecting an $800,000 deal proposed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and questioning Prince's mental health in court papers.
Two weeks after the Garden agreed to pay $11.5 million to settle a suit by former Knicks exec Anucha Browne Sanders, arena honchos also bit the bullet in the Prince case.
By settling, the Garden avoided a public trial that would have been chock-full of explosive testimony about sexually charged shenanigans off the ice.
Prince claimed she was canned after complaining that a Rangers public relations man and a former New York Times reporter propositioned her for a threesome.
She also charged that brass grilled her about the skaters' sexual habits, ordered skaters to stuff their bras and lose weight and bought booze for underage cheerleaders.
The Rangers launched a vicious counterattack, alleging in court papers that Prince suffered from bipolar disorder and was prone to "hypersexuality."
The Garden's lawyers charged that Prince was obsessed with the skaters' looks, groped them and used crass language to get them to act sexier.
Prince's case got a boost from Browne Sanders, who claimed that Rangers honchos had a "book" in which they recorded their sexual fantasies about the skaters.
Browne Sanders filed her own sexual harassment suit against the Garden months after Prince did - claiming she was fired after she complained about Knicks coach Isiah Thomas and the sleazy atmosphere in the front office.
Wow, what a great post.
Who GAS as shole !
TheTruth

Medford, NY

#20 Jan 24, 2008
STINKING PILES SUCK!!!!!!!!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5
More from around the web