Isles lose in Edmonton, 4-0

Full story: Newsday 30
If this was the appetizer for the duel between Rick DiPietro and former Islanders goaltender Roberto Luongo tonight in Vancouver, it wasn't very encouraging for the Isles' franchise player. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RobertoIsBetter

Huntington Station, NY

#22 Jan 8, 2008
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
When I suggested he was the Isles best player last night I wasn't suggesting that he had a great game and certainly wasn't suggesting that he had game like he played in CO. It's just that the team played poorly and all people on this forum can do is blame DP. I actually do think he was probably their best player last night even though it was a sub-par game for him. The team was horrible and there's a relative suck factor.
Fair enough, but you said the goals he let in were not soft. I disagree.

I suppose we should just agree to disagree.
RobertoIsBetter

Huntington Station, NY

#23 Jan 8, 2008
RobertoIsBetter wrote:
Oh, stop. DP isn't being treated unfairly.
Most fans love him to the point where they can't even admit when he lets in a bad goal. People around the league respect him, and announcers are constantly looking for reasons to justify soft goals (oh he must not have seen it; it must have changed direction, etc.)
Of course he doesn't need to have a shutout every night, but he should be playing better than the way he played last night. The rest of the team played poorly too, but that doesn't negate the fact that DP did not have a good outing.
Why did they block out etc.?
Jim From St James

Mastic, NY

#24 Jan 8, 2008
Bottom line here is the tezm lost 6-7 guys from last year, usually a recipe for disaster, BUT they are currenly only a few points out of the eight spot. Thats pretty damn good. They are in one of the tightest divisions in hockey, and they are still in the mix. There are only three or four Great teams in the this league. Then there is a pck of ten or so that are good teams in which i would put the ISLES. If anybody here actually watched Hockey you would realize that sometimes teams have bad nights ( I recall Henrietta and the Rags getting shut out recently and nobody screamed the sky is falling). DP has decent stats for a guy that plays in behind a re-constructed defense. GO ISLES
niko

Amherstburg, Canada

#25 Jan 8, 2008
When is Ted Nolan going to give Jeff tambellini a fair shot, good on both specials teams and has great wheels. No richard park on the first unit, he's a penalty killer, and 3rd or 4th liner, and how about Franz Nielsen, this guy can play, he would be an aswome fourth liner center at this point in his career. no the islanders want to give run down spare parts and opportunity, then give some of there young guys valuable time to develop, its been going on for way to long, something has to change....nolan stlye of play puts me to sleep, can't even watch a hole game, terrible....
isles suck a big one

New York, NY

#26 Jan 8, 2008
oh, and now for the results of the canucks game, while dp stood on his head again, he let in his customary soft goal, and when he had the chance to hold down the fort in the shootout, he sucked again, 13 more years with this egotistical hothead,he is an average goalie who is capable of having a great game, every once in a while, but i dont want to place all the blame on him alone, the owner, GM, and coach absolutely suck, along with the forwards and the defensemen, but for all you pollyanna's, feel free to go to the games and waste a kings ransom on garbage hockey, enjoy!
Isles Are Done

Seaford, NY

#27 Jan 9, 2008
I mean really done- Not just for this season-
No fan interest, no non-fan interest, empty arena = not enough revenue to survive-
Lets go people.....get out to the coliseum, spend a few bucks to keep the Islanders alive and well on Long Island-
Jake

Seaford, NY

#28 Jan 9, 2008
Jim From St James wrote:
Bottom line here is the tezm lost 6-7 guys from last year, usually a recipe for disaster, BUT they are currenly only a few points out of the eight spot. Thats pretty damn good. They are in one of the tightest divisions in hockey, and they are still in the mix. There are only three or four Great teams in the this league. Then there is a pck of ten or so that are good teams in which i would put the ISLES. If anybody here actually watched Hockey you would realize that sometimes teams have bad nights ( I recall Henrietta and the Rags getting shut out recently and nobody screamed the sky is falling). DP has decent stats for a guy that plays in behind a re-constructed defense. GO ISLES
The sky is falling for the Islanders if they don't make the playoffs-
If the Rags don't make the playoffs, as a company, they're still turning a huge profit and will always be around- Not really the case for the Islanders- This organization is in a tough financial hole yet can't fully share this information with their players because it will not help the moral knowing they're playing for a sinking ship organization- This info would spread like wildfire and you could kiss goodbye any decent free agents- It's not good folks...don't kid yourselves.
turnpike lunatic

AOL

#29 Jan 9, 2008
Isles Are Done wrote:
I mean really done- Not just for this season-
No fan interest, no non-fan interest, empty arena = not enough revenue to survive-
Lets go people.....get out to the coliseum, spend a few bucks to keep the Islanders alive and well on Long Island-
You are 100% right with the atmosphere at the coliseum...its more of a show during periods and commercial breaks...there is no energy feel like seen in other arena's especially Detroit. Even MSG has no feel because of the 9-5 business world ticket give aways! You are right a face-lift is needed with the roster as well as the building...then maybe we can attract the high profile players!
jafo

New York, NY

#30 Jan 10, 2008
turnpike lunatic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% right with the atmosphere at the coliseum...its more of a show during periods and commercial breaks...there is no energy feel like seen in other arena's especially Detroit. Even MSG has no feel because of the 9-5 business world ticket give aways! You are right a face-lift is needed with the roster as well as the building...then maybe we can attract the high profile players!

Hey turnpike lunatic, the guy from bellmore is a rangers fan,withy about 20 different alias'es, so dont be so quick to agree with him, he comes on here to chide isles fans and mock the team , org. and everything else islanders. capeche? ok
TheMetalChick

New York, NY

#31 Jan 10, 2008
Over-rated Ricky cheats left and right and the stinking piles are still a last place joke.

PATHETIC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5

Brendan Witt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE