Park's shootout goal wins it for Isla...

Park's shootout goal wins it for Islanders

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Park's shootout goal wins it for Islanders. In it, Newsday reports that:

CALGARY, Alberta - A veritable deluge of goals from a host of Islanders stuck in long scoring droughts produced a 5-4 shootout victory over Calgary Friday night at the Pengrowth Saddledome and ended a four-game ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

1994 was a fluke

Raleigh, NC

#1 Jan 12, 2008
The Islanders just keep working along this team is going in the right direction. I love how they compete. With Okoposo coming soon the blocks are there.
HAHAHA

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jan 12, 2008
Where's King Henrietta on the All Star roster?? That must be some mistake, right?? Because he's the best goalie in NY? right? HAHAHA!!! Rags have no goaltending and no defense. Rags need to find themselves a goalie that can at least keep them in games or they're in real trouble. Rag fans, what's it like being the only team in the tri state without an all star goalie? I guess the vezina's out of the question right?
By the way.....keep the chants coming at the garden. I don't hear of any more "We want the cup" chants in the flower garden. why is that? Shall we start a "Ryan Hollweg" chant again? No, wait, they just gave up 6 unanswered. oops. How about memorializing Potvin and his dominance of the rags? Yeah that sounds good
Frank Beans

Beacon, NY

#3 Jan 12, 2008
Hey Logan,
Why no mention of Frasier's missed calls - a nice elbow to Hilberts head by Nolan or that nice hit from behind on Comrie that would have given the isles a long two man advantage in the third. And the isles still managed to beat the poor oficiating and the Flames.
IslesFan

Asbury Park, NJ

#4 Jan 12, 2008
Frank Beans wrote:
Hey Logan,
Why no mention of Frasier's missed calls - a nice elbow to Hilberts head by Nolan or that nice hit from behind on Comrie that would have given the isles a long two man advantage in the third. And the isles still managed to beat the poor oficiating and the Flames.
I never complain about the officiating, but I must say it's clear Fraser hates the Islanders. Keep an eye out whenever he's reffing an Isles' game. It happens every Isles' game he officiates.
Frank Beans

Beacon, NY

#5 Jan 12, 2008
IslesFan wrote:
<quoted text>
I never complain about the officiating, but I must say it's clear Fraser hates the Islanders. Keep an eye out whenever he's reffing an Isles' game. It happens every Isles' game he officiates.
Very true and I love it when they still win despite his BS
Dan

Fort Morgan, CO

#6 Jan 12, 2008
The Islanders defense is absolutely horrible. I'm an Islander Fan, but if it wasn't for DP or Dubie playing well, the Isles would be sinking. They've got to tighten up defensively.
TheMetalChick

Dover, NJ

#7 Jan 12, 2008
Dan wrote:
The Islanders defense is absolutely horrible. I'm an Islander Fan, but if it wasn't for DP or Dubie playing well, the Isles would be sinking. They've got to tighten up defensively.
To be fair, remember that the two best D-men the Isles have werent playing!

Great win, boys!!!
RagsSuck

Bronx, NY

#8 Jan 12, 2008
Fire Fraser! He's a a-hole.
Frank Burns

Hillsdale, NJ

#9 Jan 13, 2008
Fraser is the best referee in the NHL. He spots the Islanders violating the rules and enforces the rules properly! He is my hero.
Davey Boy Smith

Hillsdale, NJ

#10 Jan 13, 2008
We need to trade DP, he is like swiss cheese. Then play Mr. Dubie as our #1 netminder.
Mike Watt

Betterton, MD

#11 Jan 14, 2008
Davey Boy Smith wrote:
We need to trade DP, he is like swiss cheese. Then play Mr. Dubie as our #1 netminder.
The chance of DP being traded is dead not even a possibility just like the British bull dog Davey Boy Smith

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5
More from around the web