Isles fall to Washington, 5-4

Isles fall to Washington, 5-4

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 16, 2008, titled Isles fall to Washington, 5-4. In it, Newsday reports that:

Islanders Doug Weight backhands a shot saved by Washington's Brent Johnson in the first period as the Washington Capitals played the NY Islanders at Nassau Coliseum on Tuesday, December 16, 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Transplanted Islander fan

Greenwood Lake, NY

#1 Dec 17, 2008
I know, I know another hard fought moral victory. The kind that builds character, shows the grit of the team, never quit playing hard giving it their all. I know all that but, when oh when are we going to star putting up some w's? Can't stand losing all the time. This once proud grand franchise is going down in flames and will it ever return to it's glory?
Goaltending

AOL

#2 Dec 17, 2008
A team that doesn't score alot of goals, and has a so-so defense, cannot afford to give up bad goals. Unfortunetely, giving up bad goals is Joey D's strength. He stinks...he's a career minor leaguer. Now we know why he only played a few NHL games prior to this season.
Tommy Salo

Edison, NJ

#3 Dec 17, 2008
lol what a joke the icelanders are. haven't won a playoff round since 93!

potvin sucks
Joe

Bronx, NY

#5 Dec 17, 2008
Wait soon the 15 year man will be back, if they moved off Long Island today would anyone know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5