Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York...

Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 24, 2009, titled Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Mike Milbury, a TV expert these days, was the GM of the New York Islanders in the summer of 2000, the last time the Islanders held the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

DAC-Islanders

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2009
You are such a hater...they are not that bad. With a healthy DiPietro, Witt, Sutton, and a nice year for Okposso, they will contend for the 8th spot.

Did you watch all the Islanders games last season??? I hope not...cause if you did you should not be a sports reporter.

Just an FYI...the Islanders lost the MOST man games to injury last season. Who was hurt?

DiPietro, Witt, Sillinger, Okposo, Sutton, Hilbert, Sim, Park, Weight, Nielson, Gervais, Meyer, Bergenheim, Hunter. Most for a good streach of games. There were more but I am tired of making you look silly. We were playing with a 4th string goalie for a while as well.

Twenty one games into the season the Isles were 9-10-2...with then, recent wins against some good teams. They were making a move, but the injuries just got to be too much.

I am not saying they would have won the Cup, but they might have had a shot at the 8th spot.

Try doing some research before you write an article. And maybe you should stick to writing about the Blue Jackets, who were stole a Dubie away from a team who NEEDED a goalie to start, and not just ride the pine.
DAC-Islanders

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2009
BTW- I did like the Joan Rivers Comment about DP. that was funny. Maybe you should try doing a gossip column.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5
News Isles fall short after a bad start (Mar '09) Mar '09 The Village Idiot 6