Isles' streak ends with MacDonald's r...

Isles' streak ends with MacDonald's return to net

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 5, 2009, titled Isles' streak ends with MacDonald's return to net. In it, Newsday reports that:

Goaltender Joey MacDonald's return from the injured list wasn't exactly the triumphant comeback he wanted Thursday night at BankAtlantic Center .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2009
"Isles' streak ends with MacDonald's return to net"

Coincidence? I think not. Good job coach, we didn't need that win anyway.
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Halifax, Canada

#2 Feb 6, 2009
These Islander fans are the most fickle fans I have ever listened to. Just push Joey under the bus, it is all his fault. You fans make me ill. The team had played a totally different game, the 4 they won. However, change one player, and it is there fault. What about the support in scoring a couple of more goals on the powerplay. How about helping the goaltender out with an even strenght goal. Just like it was Sim's an Tab's fault as well. You always need to someone to blame, it can't just be that the team did not play as well as they have for the past 4 games. It must be some individuals fault.
Trying to be an Islander fan and having a very hard time.
A Canadian Hockey Fan

Halifax, Canada

#3 Feb 6, 2009
Just look at the title of this story. Negitive, negitive and more negitive. You people need to actually play the game, rather than just hurl comments from a safe place.

Makes me sick...
Paradise

Bradenton, FL

#4 Feb 6, 2009
Go Florida, they grow great atheletes. Too bad they don't have the money to keep these great atheletes down in Florida.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5