Islanders pick up shootout victory ov...

Islanders pick up shootout victory over Flames, 5-4

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 11, 2008, titled Islanders pick up shootout victory over Flames, 5-4. In it, Newsday reports that:

A veritable deluge of goals from a host of Islanders stuck in long scoring droughts produced a 5-4 shootout victory over Calgary Friday night at the Pengrowth Saddledome and ended a four-game losing streak.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Steve Somers

New York, NY

#1 Jan 12, 2008
The referees enjoyed not calling penalties already when the Islanders got sticks in the face nonstop yet. I dig a turgid Rag stick in my mouth and all the rest including my lower intestine, but I did enjoy the lousy referees, whom the Rags paid off in a pathetic attempt not to be in the basement, where my father whipped me no less and all the rest. I don't understand how my rags could trail a no-name team?...I thought money bought heart and soul.

---S Somers
WFAN Blog

“Edmonton is still not forgiven”

Since: Jul 07

Albuquerque NM

#2 Jan 12, 2008
"At 36, Sillinger was the oldest player on the ice by three months over Calgary's Craig Conroy"

Bill Guerin appreciates the oversight

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brendan Witt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aaron Portzline looks ahead: New York Islanders (Jun '09) Jun '09 DAC-Islanders 2
News Islanders sign Doug Weight to one-year extension (Apr '09) Apr '09 roger43 31
News WILD 6, ISLANDERS 2: A rough and tumble loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Patience 35
News Islanders power past Wild, 6-2 (Mar '09) Mar '09 Renegade 12
News Streit's play merits Norris Trophy consideration (Mar '09) Mar '09 Tavares09 64
News Isles question calls that stunted their rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 BrkmB 27
News Isles question calls that stunted rally (Mar '09) Mar '09 NYRfan 5
More from around the web