San Jose Sharks: 5 Free Agents Who Mu...

San Jose Sharks: 5 Free Agents Who Must Be Re-Signed This Summer

There are 1 comment on the BleacherReport story from May 22, 2012, titled San Jose Sharks: 5 Free Agents Who Must Be Re-Signed This Summer. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Their $8.7 million worth of cap room is the seventh least in the NHL , and their roster size as of July 1 - the day free agency begins - will be the fourth-smallest in the league, as only 14 Sharks will remain under contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

SJSharks

United States

#1 May 24, 2012
It's time to blow this team up & start over. I have never missed a single Sharks game since their inception 21 years ago, but this season, I either left games early if I was at them, or turned them off if I was watching on TV.

I was really hoping Dougy would be fired after this season so we could hopefully get a GM that would put a hungry & exciting team on the ice. The 2011-2012 Sharks were the most boring & horrible San Jose team in a very, very long time.

Dougy said he made all of these horrible moves to build a solid playoff team. What a joke! The only reason the Sharks even made the playoffs was because of another Dallas collapse. I wrote them off in December, so it was a bonus just seeing them get into the playoffs, but it turned out as expected. Quick exit!

I have been watching hockey for over 50 years and am a huge fan.

I love the Sharks, but I really think it's time for Thornton, Marleau, Clowe, even Boyle to move on. Get rid of all of the newcomers, other than Burns. They were all horrible pick-ups! We needed depth, not more 4th line players, which 90% of the Sharks team are!

Get rid of that worthless Torrey Mitchell & Jason Demers! Torrey Mitchell has always been crap.

Out of the current players, the only ones I would keep & build around would be Couture, Pavelski, Braun, Burns, Vlasic, Desjardins & Wingels. I'm on the fence with Niemi. He's barely above average as a goalie & if he had a decent defense as he did in Chicago when he won the Cup, he would win some more games.

The Sharks points & goals for have gone down the last 2 seasons, while their goals against has gone up. That should tell Dougy where the problems lie with this team.

The defense & goaltending is average & the team is aging and very slow. The special teams suck! I don't see this team improving unless major changes are made. Both with the players on the ice & within the coaching staff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brad Winchester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blues report: Inside shots (Feb '11) Feb '11 beerhunter 1
News Slumping Filatov sent to minors | The Columbus ... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Just Me 9
News Slumping Filatov sent to minors | BlueJacketsXtra (Dec '10) Dec '10 Sokko 1
News Blues hold off Wild (Mar '09) Mar '09 MMJ 1
vs. Stars (Mar '09) Mar '09 Fan 1
News Blues call up Winchester (Jan '09) Jan '09 ALF 1
News Stars Sign Trio (Jul '07) Jul '07 joe 1
More from around the web