Still no word on a deal for Guerin

Full story: Newsday

The Islanders practiced Sunday the way they played in Saturday's 2-0 win over Buffalo -- captainless but not rudderless.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2009
Clem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Trade the d@mn guy already. I like him and he is being a very good sport but they made us wait over 24 hrs then tell us nothing is happening. It is so annoying
1since40

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

agreed. they announce during a game, more than 24 hours ago that the captain was traded and yet here we are, STILL, with no info, details or info. I can understand them keeping details close but at the expense of alienating what's left of your fan base? I'm a fan and always will be but this is beyond comprehension. If there's some sort of monkey wrench that was thrown in let us fans know. I don't need/want exact etails but this being left in the dark is complete and utter BS!
Steve Sterling

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

How do some of these Isles fans drink the Kool-Aid? Gordon/Snow are the problem. It's not the building! Pittsburgh didn't have a problem attracting free agents before they announced plans to build a new arena two seasons ago. Wang hired a puppet to replace Neil Smith and Snow in turn hired a puppet to replace Nolan. What a joke! I'm a die-hard Islander fan but how can any self respecting fan continue to drink the kool-aid?! Where else in the league is there a big group of veterans that want to get out as quickly as possible from their team? What a disgrace!
Lucien Deblois

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Steve Sterling wrote:
How do some of these Isles fans drink the Kool-Aid? Gordon/Snow are the problem. It's not the building! Pittsburgh didn't have a problem attracting free agents before they announced plans to build a new arena two seasons ago. Wang hired a puppet to replace Neil Smith and Snow in turn hired a puppet to replace Nolan. What a joke! I'm a die-hard Islander fan but how can any self respecting fan continue to drink the kool-aid?! Where else in the league is there a big group of veterans that want to get out as quickly as possible from their team? What a disgrace!
Pitsburgh had Crosby and Malkin a little different than than Islander situation.
Dewey Cheatum

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

1since40 wrote:
agreed. they announce during a game, more than 24 hours ago that the captain was traded and yet here we are, STILL, with no info, details or info. I can understand them keeping details close but at the expense of alienating what's left of your fan base? I'm a fan and always will be but this is beyond comprehension. If there's some sort of monkey wrench that was thrown in let us fans know. I don't need/want exact etails but this being left in the dark is complete and utter BS!
There are legalities to work out. Guerin has a no trade clause in his contract. He has to waive the no trade clause and consent to the trade. He might want $$$ to waive his "no trade clause." He might want a contract extension. He might not be happy with the trade rumored to be Montreal. All these issue are possible obstacles which have to be resolved prior to completing a trade. Guewrin has indicated he would waive the "no trade clause" provided he was traded to an Eastern Conference team, which is a contender.
Battfist

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

My "sources" are telling me to Florida along with the 1st round pick obtained from Ottawa along with Tamby for Jay B!
The delay is Snow is trying to sign him to a long term contract.....

Could this be?
David Volek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Dewey Cheatum wrote:
<quoted text>
There are legalities to work out. Guerin has a no trade clause in his contract. He has to waive the no trade clause and consent to the trade. He might want $$$ to waive his "no trade clause." He might want a contract extension. He might not be happy with the trade rumored to be Montreal. All these issue are possible obstacles which have to be resolved prior to completing a trade. Guewrin has indicated he would waive the "no trade clause" provided he was traded to an Eastern Conference team, which is a contender.
Everything you are saying is true. However, pulling the captain from the game, and not even addressing it is inexcusable. The islander organization, should have addressed the media and given the fans some sort of explanation. Even if its "we had a deal in place, and are waiting for the other sides confirmation". Something, anything, except silence. Once again the islanders look like a mickey mouse organization, and for good reason.

If I had to guess, they isles had a deal in place (hence guerin didnt play on saturday), and the otherside backed out, or had second thoughts. Snowjob probably realized how foolish he looked, and is now trying to dump guerin. Either way, how the organization has handles this is a joke........its bush league.
David Volek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Battfist wrote:
My "sources" are telling me to Florida along with the 1st round pick obtained from Ottawa along with Tamby for Jay B!
The delay is Snow is trying to sign him to a long term contract.....
Could this be?
To entertain your post........

the reason why this deal is ridiculous, is because NOONE wants Jeff Tambeweeny. The islanders are short on forwards otherwise this kid wouldnt be in the lineup. I highly doubt that the panthers who havent made the playoffs in probably 10 years, are gonna sell their cornerstone, for a 30th overall pick, two months of guerin, and Jeff "softer than a soup sandwich" Tambeweeny
David Volek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Steve Sterling wrote:
When you have #66 as your owner, and at the time still playing, its not as hard to attract free agents.
Battfist

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

David Volek wrote:
<quoted text>
To entertain your post........
the reason why this deal is ridiculous, is because NOONE wants Jeff Tambeweeny. The islanders are short on forwards otherwise this kid wouldnt be in the lineup. I highly doubt that the panthers who havent made the playoffs in probably 10 years, are gonna sell their cornerstone, for a 30th overall pick, two months of guerin, and Jeff "softer than a soup sandwich" Tambeweeny
I was being a bit ridiculous...
Clem

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Steve Sterling wrote:
You must not know that Witt wants to stay. However if he is traded he realizes it is part of the business. However according the islanderspointblank.com the isles are asking a pretty penny for the vetran dman and most are predicting he will be and islander past the deadline.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1

Search the Bill Guerin Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••