Islanders beat Senators, 3-1, in Ottawa

Islanders beat Senators, 3-1, in Ottawa

There are 11 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Islanders beat Senators, 3-1, in Ottawa. In it, Newsday reports that:

Here's a new twist on an old story line. The Islanders took a lead into the third period and - surprise ending - held on to win! They blew four of their previous five third-period leads, but this time, they ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

wolf

Clifton, NJ

#1 Nov 14, 2008
Congrats

How sickening was listening to Jokefee ?

In the last minute he was begging the team to go full out as soon as they got over the boards. hahaha
I think they know that Jokefee.
Maybe he is afraid of his future also.
kallur

Andes, NY

#2 Nov 14, 2008
Bailey looked very very good. My apologies for dissing him earlier.
MIKE

New York, NY

#3 Nov 14, 2008
Does anyone really care ?
I hate to say it but the team will continue to lose money, it will continue to miss out on quality free agents and will never get the coliseum renovated. Ultimately this team will move off Long Island- Stevie Wonder could even see this-
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#4 Nov 14, 2008
I had to suffer through the Ottowa broadcast on Center Ice. these announcers need to take mega doses of Red Bull...BORING....ZZZZZZZZ. They must have referred to the Islanders as "last place" or "30th in the league" at least 5 times. Was that a put down for their own team, losing to a last place team???
Battfist

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2008
Hey Mike-beat it!

This team is coming around...Scott Gordon is an excellent coach!!! Just wait til Witt and Martinek come back. Once they work their way back into the lineup-this team is going to be tough. You better get on the wagon now!!!

Wang is a New Yorker-he will not move this team under his watch!!!

Wolf-Im with you brother-
Jaffe sucks!!! or mean Jokefee...

Since: Oct 08

Belleville NJ

#6 Nov 14, 2008
Battfist wrote:
Hey Mike-beat it!
This team is coming around...Scott Gordon is an excellent coach!!! Just wait til Witt and Martinek come back. Once they work their way back into the lineup-this team is going to be tough. You better get on the wagon now!!!
Wang is a New Yorker-he will not move this team under his watch!!!
Wolf-Im with you brother-
Jaffe sucks!!! or mean Jokefee...
I have to agree, Gordon is doing a nice job so far. I also agree Jokefee "Mr master of the obvious" is just a waste in the booth. I still have to say I am very comfortable with Joey McD in goal. I think he will be a fine goalie for us. Gee, what will happen when "Ricky Red Light" returns and Joey McD is playing well?
ert

Toronto, Canada

#7 Nov 14, 2008
1st pick would be nice in next year draft, the top 3-4 guys are really good players. I had a chance to see john tavares play last season, all i can say is this kid is awesome!

lose isles lose!
metalcoconut

Austin, TX

#8 Nov 14, 2008
The Islanders play harder with 4 people than they do with 5 people skating so whey doesn't Scott just get Fritz in the line, have him start a fight with the opositions top foward at the 10 minute mark of the third period, take the extra 2 minutes for the instigator and then have 4 people kill the rest of the game? Easy...just kidding.
metalcoconut

Austin, TX

#9 Nov 14, 2008
skating on sand wrote:
I had to suffer through the Ottowa broadcast on Center Ice. these announcers need to take mega doses of Red Bull...BORING....ZZZZZZZZ. They must have referred to the Islanders as "last place" or "30th in the league" at least 5 times. Was that a put down for their own team, losing to a last place team???
Canadian homers are funny, especially when the Isles beat them. It is like watching a confused dog..."How could they beat us?" What would be funnier is if we beat them again on Saturday.
Wolf

Dubuque, IA

#10 Nov 14, 2008
MIKE wrote:
Does anyone really care ?
I hate to say it but the team will continue to lose money, it will continue to miss out on quality free agents and will never get the coliseum renovated. Ultimately this team will move off Long Island- Stevie Wonder could even see this-
Nobody is asking for your predictions of the future Nostradamus. If you don't care about the team, then keep your mouth shut & stay off this forum.

LETS GO ISLANDERS!!!
Reg19 TSN

Rego Park, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2008
Cant wait for the Habs to play the Hens tonight, at least we can get out of our slump with an easy win against maybe the worst team in hockey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 10
News Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
News Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
News Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
News NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
News Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
News NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
More from around the web