Okposo merits strong consideration fo...

Okposo merits strong consideration for Team USA

There are 17 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 6, 2009, titled Okposo merits strong consideration for Team USA. In it, Newsday reports that:

Rookie Kyle Okposo won't be suiting up for the Islanders against Carolina tonight at RBC Center because of a groin strain, but assuming he's healthy after the season ends Sunday, he is a strong candidate to suit up for Team USA in the IIHF World Championships, starting April 24 in Switzerland.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mike

Alexandria, VA

#1 Apr 6, 2009
Hahaha, Islander Luck - he'll get a knee on knee collison and wont be the same player ever again......hear that trent hunter?
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#2 Apr 7, 2009
KO representing the USA...he is good enough.
NYRfan

Wallkill, NY

#3 Apr 7, 2009
The Isles season is over. I think he he will get some consideration.
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#4 Apr 7, 2009
Just looking at the stats...Scott Gomez---74gp 16goals 41 asst -4 6.2%sp Kyle Okposo 63gp 18goals 20 asst -7 11.3% sp. One plays for a last place team and is not a big name free agent and the other.......

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#5 Apr 7, 2009
skating on sand wrote:
Just looking at the stats...Scott Gomez---74gp 16goals 41 asst -4 6.2%sp Kyle Okposo 63gp 18goals 20 asst -7 11.3% sp. One plays for a last place team and is not a big name free agent and the other.......
.....and the ranger obsession continues. kukdos for being consistent.....

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#6 Apr 7, 2009
is it really that important ?
Sam Champion

South Glastonbury, CT

#7 Apr 7, 2009
One is an overpaid waif who never was the same player after leaving the "Devil system" (sound familar).The other is an up and coming superstar.How does "Isaiah Sather" keep his job ?????????
bhockey47

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#8 Apr 7, 2009
Bravo to Kyle, a well deserved consideration. But could Kyle and all of the other Islanders be playing somewhere else because Kate Murray is holding up The Lighthouse Project? Possibly, very possibly.

Dump Kate Murray Hemsptead Town Supervisor
Candidate

Norwalk, CT

#9 Apr 7, 2009
He is no candidate, he is one of the best they have.
champ4

AOL

#10 Apr 7, 2009
well i believe its ugh 6 carolina hope everone is happy were loosing this one gosh 3 more to go i cant stand it anymore ya i wana see us loose to but not this one not really hope its worth the loosing cause it sure hurts and sucks...... hurry and get this horrible embarassing....season over......cant stand it anymore....
Dangerous Dave

Bronx, NY

#14 Apr 7, 2009
Okposo couldn't make Team New Jersey. The dude is soooo overrated. And will someone PLEASE tell "The Wrecker" to use conditioner in his hair.
Battbird

Bronx, NY

#15 Apr 7, 2009
Battfist wrote:
KO representing the USA...he is good enough.
Eh, I don't think so!
Battfist

Bronx, NY

#16 Apr 7, 2009
Sam Champion wrote:
One is an overpaid waif who never was the same player after leaving the "Devil system" (sound familar).The other is an up and coming superstar.How does "Isaiah Sather" keep his job ?????????
You mean "super dud". Even "The Wrecker" skates better than Okpooso.
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#17 Apr 8, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
is it really that important ?
Is the Guinness served in America the same Guinness drank in Ireland?
skating on sand

Henderson, NV

#18 Apr 8, 2009
Battfist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Guinness served in America the same Guinness drank in Ireland?
Nope, It ain't. All beers imported from overseas have to be brewed differently than those served domestically. this is to retard any spoilage over the time it takes to ship it , store it, reship it, etc even if they are kept refrigerated.
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#19 Apr 9, 2009
So is Guiness Drinker really a Guiness drinker?
max

Yekaterinburg, Russia

#20 Apr 13, 2009
Recently has absolutely casually found out (at any forum) one interesting number of a purse on web money, and so sending on it of money from 1 up to 50 $ you receive back literally in an hour-one and a half the same money, but already with in 30. I firstly have not believed, but, as they say, greed has taken upwards, certainly, has begun with a minimum. So sending I have received dollar 1, 33 $ back has reached already up to 50 - have received 65 back. All is real, the main thing not more often 4 times a week. Here number of purse Z174043765609. Success to you. Who can will recollect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '12 derreck 9
News Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
News Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
News Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
News NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
News Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
News NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
More from around the web