Injuries affect Isles' outlook at trade deadline

There are 9 comments on the Feb 14, 2009, Newsday story titled Injuries affect Isles' outlook at trade deadline. In it, Newsday reports that:

With just more than two weeks remaining until the March 4 trade deadline, the Islanders' chances of making a major move to add draft picks or prospects have been severely compromised by injuries and by an ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

FIRE WALLY

Madison, WI

#1 Feb 14, 2009
Trade everyone older than 30 for draft picks.
edd

United States

#2 Feb 15, 2009
trade snow for a real gm and trade wang for a real owner another rebuilding season next year . you never hear yanks or the great teams say that they want to win not 5 years or when they get a new arena. no im not a ranger fan im a fan
Andy

Freehold, NJ

#3 Feb 15, 2009
what? we have no elite prospects? shocking. Where are our prospects? where is a real GM and owner, not puppet and real-estate and computer mogul. We are tired of being a joke. We won 4 cups in a row and appeared in 6 straight conference finals. we have a populous that can fill an arena and make the team money if they would make the right "business decision" about the team. Fire Garth, go get the assistant from detroit ( his boss was once the assistant here under Bill) and have the NHL keep wang away from the team. In every aspect. isnt there some bylaw with the nhl about responsible ownership? RANT RANT RANT...where is our team?
Greg_Avon

New Bedford, MA

#4 Feb 15, 2009
Well not having anything to trade does explain the fact they are the worst team in the league. Sad, Sad state of affairs. as long as Snow is guiding this ship it is sunk. Maybe he can figure out how to trade down 4 times it his years draft and pick up some extra fourth rounders.
healy 35

Randolph, MA

#5 Feb 15, 2009
this article makes it look like they are going to stink for a long time they probably wont land tavares either how many years will i not watch hockey? ask guerin to waive his not trade clause so he can play for a contender. funny how scott gordons "system" makes every defender look awful stat wise. no wonder no one wants them
islesfan1

Bronx, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2009
I love the idea of stockpiling draft picks. My problem with this team is that they have not been very successful in drafting players. All you have to do is look to NJ and see Parise. Everyone thought the Isles would take him. We passed and look how that has worked out.
Busey

Union City, NJ

#7 Feb 15, 2009
islesfan1 wrote:
I love the idea of stockpiling draft picks. My problem with this team is that they have not been very successful in drafting players. All you have to do is look to NJ and see Parise. Everyone thought the Isles would take him. We passed and look how that has worked out.
actually they have drafted some great players...

Just ask Ottawa, Phoenix, Vancouver..ect....
1 cup in sixty nine years

New York, NY

#8 Feb 20, 2009
You don't want to trade guys like Campoli.That's what you're building around.Dump bums like Comrie and Guerin(if he waives his no trade) and Witt.Sim,Thompson and Pock have zero value anywhere.The only young guy I would trade is Tamby.A change of scenary would do him good and you may get a couple of picks for him,especially from Edmonton where his dad id GM.
Busey

Union City, NJ

#9 Feb 20, 2009
1 cup in sixty nine years wrote:
You don't want to trade guys like Campoli.That's what you're building around.Dump bums like Comrie and Guerin(if he waives his no trade) and Witt.Sim,Thompson and Pock have zero value anywhere.The only young guy I would trade is Tamby.A change of scenary would do him good and you may get a couple of picks for him,especially from Edmonton where his dad id GM.
True.. but the problem is Tambellini sucks..

So, its prob hard to find a team that would want him, even his own dad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
News Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
News Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
News Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
News NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
News Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
News NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
More from around the web