Isles fall to Pens, clinch first or s...

Isles fall to Pens, clinch first or second pick

There are 75 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 9, 2009, titled Isles fall to Pens, clinch first or second pick. In it, Newsday reports that:

Former Islanders captain Bill Guerin 's score triggered a three-goal third period in a 6-1 Pittsburgh victory that sent his old team to its eighth loss in the past 10 games last night at Mellon Arena.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mark

New York, NY

#64 Apr 10, 2009
Give it 4 years Okposo will not be on this team. He will be a star on the Red Wings.
Blue

Rockingham, NC

#65 Apr 10, 2009
Asked about clinching the top spot in the lottery, Gordon said, "I hadn't even thought about it. We want to finish the year strong and compete hard. I think our guys did that.

What??? They just lost their last two games by a combined 15 - 1. Gimme some of what you're smoking Gordon. Yeah Isles, your in good hands with your coach setting the bar like that.
LMFAO!!!!
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#66 Apr 10, 2009
Jay you live in Islanders country!! Leave your home you do not belong in Mineola! Fa&&ot!
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#67 Apr 10, 2009
Man I really wish I could just get rid of all you annoying ranger$ fans. Its a great rivalry and all, but You come on here talking nonsense. Even when the Islanders do something good, you say its bad. Hey I give the ranger$ a hard time and do not feel they are a good team, but its really not the players on the team that I dislike. I Like callahan, he is a very hard working player that any team would love. He's probably a 2nd liner. I think Dubinsky has a lot of potential to either be a 1st or 2nd line center. Obviously there is a big difference. I think Lundqvuist is a top 5-7 goalie(not top 3). See I give credit to the ranger$ players because I really do not have that much against them. This isn't mark messier, graves, beakeboom who I dispised. See its the ranger$ fans that I hate especially the ones on here. Just a bunch of Long Island fa&&ots that will never ever give a single ounce of credit to the Islanders no matter what. They still think its 1994 and the ranger$ are the best or that its 1997 and the islanders are a joke wearing fisherman jerseys. Neither are true anymore.
Dr Phil

AOL

#68 Apr 10, 2009
Ranger fans are so insecure and parnoid about their team that they have to post their wet dreams on an Islander site. They will really need my services after they get skunked by the Bruins. Want cheese with that whine?
Bill

New York, NY

#69 Apr 10, 2009
The ISLES have become the farm team for the NHL. Yes they have a lot of future stars and the will trade them and they will go on to win cups on other teams!!!
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#70 Apr 10, 2009
Mike I would rather finish last than 5th to last. Why dont you get that? You think caps, hawks, and pens fans are still upset they finished last? I am not saying the islanders will even get a player like that, but its worth seeing. Besides Leetch, what great player was drafted by the ranger$?
Eddie Shack

AOL

#71 Apr 10, 2009
healy 35 wrote:
i think the isles are going to pass on tavares. they will think they dont need any scoring, trade down, pick a goalie instead sign him to a 50 year contract and get a bag of pucks
i hope i am wrong
Bite your tongue! Although, it might be something that Snowbury might do. He's stupid enough. Hit in the head with to many pucks.
Mike

Brooklyn, NY

#73 Apr 10, 2009
Andy Bathgate wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rangers are one of the worst franchises in the history of the NHL and you're yapping. The Rangers when they made the playoffs(not very often) in the fifties played there plyoff home games in Boston and Toronto. There was no outcry from the so called "Ranger fans." They didn't care then and they don't care now. They have exactly one championship in 69 years and still Ranger fans don't hold MSG and the idiots that run the Rangers accountable. Captain "Dog Puke" Drury, Marcus Nasland, Scott Gomez and of coures the $7 million dollar a year man Wade Redden make Ranger fans happy? Do you think Ken Holland in Detriot would spend $$$ on this garbage. How about Lou Lamierello in New Jersey would he pay big money to Drury, Redden and Nasland? Clearly, he would not pay Gomez and the Devils are better for it. In Chicago, they have drafted astutely and now they have resurrected the franchise leading the NHL in attendance. The Rangers they drafted Hugh Jessiman. Where are you Hugh Jessiman? The bottom line the Ranger organization is abysmal and it's been that way for a long time. How else do you explain on Cup in 69 years?
You wish the Coliseum rocked like the Garden was rockin last night- Jealous prick.......Rangers will always be NY's team no matter how many championships they win and the Isles will always be the little weetodded step brother-
4therecord

Neptune, NJ

#74 Apr 10, 2009
I dont know about that I think Okposo if he plays well, which I think he will, Will eventually get a nice contract with the Islanders. Okposo probably gets a 3 year deal next year or the year after whenever he becomes a restricted free agent.
Dino

Sunnyside, NY

#75 Apr 10, 2009
Lets Go Isles wrote:
Hmmm where's Busey?
Well I'll leave this for him when he comes over to add some wonderful witicism about the Isles.
Good luck vs. Boston!! But I don't even think that'll be enough to get past the 1st round. Especially when your boy wonder, Avery, pissed the entire Bruins team off! They'll be looking to basically step on the Rangers throats and decimate them.
Yeah, kinda like he did to the Devils. I find it amusing that people still dont get it. Thats what he wants to do. Let the bruins chase him around all series.

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#76 Apr 10, 2009
I have to correct my earlier post as of today I am wrong. The Rags will be playing Washington as they moved to seventh with Montreal's lose last night.

But to continue on something Busey constantly harps about...there's a lot of Rags fans posting on this forum today making me begin, again, to wonder is it Isles fans obsessed with the Rags or vice versa? Hmmmm...

PS this forum is ridiculous how is that my ealier post was number 13 but now when you go to look at it there's a whole other page before? This makes no sense. Great work Newsday, who's also owned by Cablevision.(God I hate when they write that crap! WE GET IT)

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#77 Apr 10, 2009
+loss
Entertaining Game

Brooklyn, NY

#78 Apr 10, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish the Coliseum rocked like the Garden was rockin last night- Jealous ****......Rangers will always be NY's team no matter how many championships they win and the Isles will always be the little weetodded step brother-
Regardless of how the teams play, Ranger fans will always be a bunch of meathead c-suckers.
Dino

Ridgewood, NY

#79 Apr 10, 2009
12th Point wrote:
I admit, I am in the mood for playoff hockey. But I would take a Taveres over a guaranteed exit. You would too.
Last time the Rangers had a league leader in scoring, 1943.
last time an average new yorker could tell you what the islanders were was 1984...whats your point?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
News Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
News Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
News Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
News NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
News Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
News NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
More from around the web