Blake has three-point game as Leafs beat Isles

Full story: Newsday 21
In the morning, former Islander Jason Blake choked up a bit when talking about how different life has been for him since he left Long Island last season to sign a five-year contract worth $20 million in ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobbygarz

AOL

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Yeah, i am sure Scotty can find more positives in this loss as well! Garth, listen up,, U N W A T C H A B L E !!

Since: Jun 08

North Babylon

#2 Dec 9, 2008
Wait a second...Did I read right? Jason Blake passed the puck twice to someone other than himself? Wow that's incredible, I didn't know he knew how to do that since he rarely passed it off while he was an Islander.
Jay

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2008
Blah,Blah,Blah.Get the Crying Towels out.Another LOSING season.End of Boring story.
champ4

AOL

#4 Dec 9, 2008
I agree unwatchable!!!!!!!!!!I have nothin to say...there is nothin left..... pitaful....so sad..... cant believe its come to this....who to blame at this point.... nothin works..... they just dont seem to want to win..........
Mike Watt

Chestertown, MD

#5 Dec 9, 2008
Look at all that Young talent. That youth movement is exasperating. Guerin& Sillinger with goals cannot wait to see how they develop, when they are 57 and 58 yrs old respectively.
Islander Rich

Flushing, NY

#6 Dec 9, 2008
I'm not one to panic or say it's time to reign down the curtin on the season this early only 27 games in but I have to be realistic the leafs had the isles chasing them all night.And the leafs are only a few games better than us,emphisze ONLY!!.I don't know what these guy's have to do.This time out they didn't have to worry about holding a lead going into the third period They never had one to begin with.I thought the Atlanta game was maybe a one time thing but now I have to change my thinking on this team.They can't use youth as a excuse it's more than that with this bunch.At least Comeau showed up which is a bright spot now we play the flyers tonight.Oooohhh boy.
SwissMiss

New York, NY

#8 Dec 9, 2008
I feel sorry for Mark Streit. He can play D. The others can't. Isles roster should have 15 youngsters with a few veterans like Streit sprinkled in, aim for post-season in a couple of years.
Tim

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Dec 9, 2008
I made it to the beginning of the third before falling asleep on my couch.
Huck

Rome, Italy

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Lets Go Isles wrote:
Wait a second...Did I read right? Jason Blake passed the puck twice to someone other than himself? Wow that's incredible, I didn't know he knew how to do that since he rarely passed it off while he was an Islander.
Like he had so many better options to pass to when he was here? I wish he was still on this team
Tito- Miller Place

Syosset, NY

#11 Dec 9, 2008
I just got my holdiday three pack and already I'm disgusted. One of my sons who I was going to give two tickets to for Christmas, stop watching last night and walked out of the room. Three things you can count on: death, taxes and the Islanders drafting or trading to improve their power play every off season, and failing. I can't believe Wang runs CA the way he runs this team, if he did he couldn't have afforded to buy the team in the first place. The ownership and management are an embarrasment to the Islanders from their inception throught their last cup.
Captain Crunch

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Dec 9, 2008
I'm sorry, but all the warm fuzzies for Blake aside, he disrespected us when he signed in TO and said that it'll be great to play where the fans actually come to the games every night. He was a puckhog when he was here, and whined all last year when he didn't light it up next to Sundin and others already on the team.

I hope he enjoyed sitting among all those great fans when he was a healthy scratch.
Dr Phil

AOL

#13 Dec 9, 2008
I give up! Stick a fork in them....they're done. The fat lady has sung.
Battfist

Columbus, OH

#14 Dec 9, 2008
With the limited talent that is on this team already...we couldnt afford injuries.

Was KO that much of a difference? Ever since he has gone done-the improvement this team was making has gone. This team seems worst...

I cant defend this crap we're seeing!

Fellow fans...is it me or does one of our wings...shoots the puck wide...misses the whole net...then next thing I know the other team is on a fast break.
Campoli-he sucks this year. He is so soft on D...
Also-Im tired of seeing these soft passes...put something on it!!!!

Im a diehard fan-
but this is crap we are watching...
red white and blue

Bronx, NY

#15 Dec 9, 2008
As a long time Islander fan I had the option to watch the game on MSG+ or the Versus game last night Sabres vs Pens....I opted for the Pens game by the 3rd period....honestly its amazing how good everyone on the Pens are, if you have at least two-gifted goal scorers on a line....where are the Islanders sharp-shooters? Thats right we have none...we will stretch the half-ass talent out again this season and cross our fingers for 8th see!!!!! I really feel last night was the turning point for many fans...as one comment mentioned "we chased Toronto around all night"!! How true and we will continue to do so...I will not mention ho is at fault but it starts with the front office and ends up on the ice for this dismal team approach. I will say hats off to Bill Guerin because honestly without him...where would are goals come from!!! Can anyone post who plays tonight on Versus so I can maybe pick a team I will follow tonight!!!
champ4

AOL

#16 Dec 9, 2008
to all the comments to many to reply too i agree with allot of what you are saying its getting reduclious...especially if you dont live in ny any more and have to pay nhl ice just to watch them on tv....thats just as bad you sit down hoping game after game night after night something will come together i dont even get excited when they score anymore its like oh they scored and that bad... because you know were its going ya hate to give up cause its early and with rick out and the injuries but it seems to be the same old thing the downfall began when bill torrey left and they hired don maloney.and then the ownership situation got worse when john picket sold to john spano who wound up in prision for fraud.they were looking for new ownership and charles wong saved the franchise.but charles want the new bulding he wants the light house project,i feel that if that doesnt happen he will move this team...he also need better hockey people garth snow and gorden arent going to cut it..........
Lotterypick

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 9, 2008
Remember the "We want Spano" chants while the Milsteins ran the Isles into the ground. This team could have had Chara, Spezza, Heatley and Luongo right now by avoiding ill-advised Milbury trades. In the present economy, you really have to wonder about the future of this franchise. Not sure a new arena is the answer--it doesn't appear to be the answer for the Devils. As for Blake, still remember Messier hanging him by his jersey during a brawl in which every Isle was avoiding Chris Simon.
Santa C

East Meadow, NY

#18 Dec 9, 2008
He, He. Out of like 30 teams in the NHL, the Islanders are next to worst. But Gordo likes what he sees. And so do I! Ho, Ho, Ho.
champ4

AOL

#19 Dec 9, 2008
santa c you must be on crack,,,,, how can you like what you see.....another dissapointing loss when does it end.....4to 3 come on!!!!!!!!!!
BossJones

Syracuse, NY

#20 Dec 10, 2008
Kyle McLaren is playing in the minors...we have patsies on defense (besides Witt), what am I missing here?
Jay

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Dec 10, 2008
Battfist wrote:
With the limited talent that is on this team already...we couldnt afford injuries.
Was KO that much of a difference? Ever since he has gone done-the improvement this team was making has gone. This team seems worst...
I cant defend this **** we're seeing!
Fellow fans...is it me or does one of our wings...shoots the puck wide...misses the whole net...then next thing I know the other team is on a fast break.
Campoli-he sucks this year. He is so soft on D...
Also-Im tired of seeing these soft passes...put something on it!!!!
Im a diehard fan-
but this is **** we are watching...
Kyle Okposo...Limp-Wristed.He STINKS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Bill Guerin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••