Hard work paying off for Islanders

Full story: Newsday
Sure, the Islanders were lucky to win in Montreal on Monday night. It's the sort of good fortune that calls to mind the quote, "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." That comment was as ... Full Story
Starke

Troy, NY

#1 Nov 25, 2008
I for one like many others out there have seen this team go through hell and back. All i have to say is thank you to Scott Gordon. All praise "GORDON". He has got this team going in the right direction. Yah there are going to be let down's, but right now there are a lot more postive's that out weigh the negitive's. I'm a big D.P. fan but i even have to say PLEASE gordon go with Joey and keep this team going in the right direction even if dp says he's 100%. Now as for bailey i know he is young do not ket this guy go back to juniors that would be a HUGE mistake he has shown a lot of maturity and now is the time for him to learn the system and he is doing a pretty dame good job learning it. Side not my image for this message is 1980 i want to forget those years yah they were awesome. Its time for new ones and i belive under gordon we got plenty of new reasons to cheer for this team, go ISLANDERS
David NYC

New York, NY

#2 Nov 26, 2008
Let's give Bergy some much deserved credit for energizing the Weight/Guerin line as well. They are competing and entertaining which is all I ask no matter what the outcome. Even in that 5 game losing stretch, no one schooled them. They beat themselves all most every-time. They seem to be gelling and learning how to win as a team!
Drive4Five

New York, NY

#3 Nov 26, 2008
Bailey's pass to Campoli in OT against the Canadiens looked eerily familiar to a pass one John Tonelli made to Nystrom May 24th, 1980. Of course the result was different but it made me think that Bailey truly might have the play-making ability Gordon has praised on the youngster. Keep him here because he looks like he belongs. The more important the situation, the more poised he appears to be!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bill Guerin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isles' Comrie also recovering from hip surgery (Sep '08) Jan '13 Lisa 11
Capitals, Pens skate to 5-all alumni tie (Dec '10) Dec '10 Disappointed 1
Penguins sign veteran winger Asham (Aug '10) Aug '10 SportsTwo 3
Yet Another Look at the Pens Offseason (Jun '10) Jun '10 Lanapinkle 1
NHL notebook: Perfect power play carries Pengui... (May '10) May '10 Chief Powhatan 1
Crosby scores 2 to finish with 51; Pens win in OT (Apr '10) Apr '10 Ace 1
NHL Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins Math 101 (Feb '10) Feb '10 The Trout 1
More from around the web