Brown's progress with Kings is loud and clear

There are 6 comments on the LA Daily News story from Oct 11, 2008, titled Brown's progress with Kings is loud and clear. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

As a teenage rookie in 2003, Dustin Brown sat quietly in the Kings' locker room, a polite observer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

brianS

Glendale, CA

#1 Oct 11, 2008
I cant' wait for Brownie to lay a very clean very violent hit on Avery, that little troll.
Sym

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2008
Thank you Rich Hammond......
Paincorp

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2008
I was a HUGE Avery supporter when he was with the Kings for his gritty and agitating play on the ice. I had no idea he was doing it in the room to his own teammates! Given this new information, I hope Brownie knocks out a few 'chiclets' on Avery the next time Dallas is in town. A lot of times, we as fans only see one side. The more we can get intimate in the workings of the team, without invading the players personal lives, the more educated we can become. Hell, in situations like these, we could even help! 17,000+ fans telling Avery to 'Leave Brownie alone' might just send a message and reinforce confidence. Maybe I'm just an idealist, but Brownie deserves this honor and I'm proud to have him as our captain.
jailin sarah quaylin

Glendale, CA

#4 Oct 11, 2008
if we had 20 players with the heart and determination of Brownie, the Kings could be a serious force to reckon with. Hopefully his tenacity will rub off on teammates this year. Don't have much expectation for this year's squad, other than wanting to see them play balls out every night! Hockey is back, GAME ON!!
Labs NotSoGood

Beverly Hills, CA

#5 Oct 12, 2008
Well, finally a little proof for what we all knew already.. Avery is a major league doosh bag.. Dallas is stoopid
New England hockey Fan

Manchester, NH

#6 Oct 12, 2008
When I first saw DB it was during the NHL lockout in Manchester, NH. And the minute I saw him I knew he was going to be a standout and future star. With regards to Sean Avery, I thought he only acting like a punk on the ice, and trashed talked the other team which is always a good thing. But now that I know he clowned his own teammate all I could hope for his he scores 5 goals and pulls a groin and misses the next 80 games......

Good luck to Brownie, his family and his team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anze Kopitar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kings rally past Blackhawks 6-2 in Game 2 (May '14) May '14 Reg 1
News Chicago Blackhawks Get Another Shot at Raiding ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Reg 1
News Kings' Center Depth a Concern for Blackhawks (Jun '13) Jun '13 Reg 1
News Los Angeles Kings raise their 1st Stanley Cup b... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Sandy 1
News Kings GM Dean Lombardi's contract extension is ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 just asking 1
News Why the Winnipeg Jets May Regret Drafting Jacob... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Red Dick 1
News Stanley Cup on the Sand in Manhattan Beach (Jun '12) Jun '12 Roy 1
More from around the web