Wild fall to Oilers, lose fifth strai...

Wild fall to Oilers, lose fifth straight game

There are 14 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 16, 2009, titled Wild fall to Oilers, lose fifth straight game. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Google the word "struggling" on the Internet and expect the Minnesota Wild to appear among the top listings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

rube2

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Oct 17, 2009
they aren't protecting their goalie. most goals came from very close. It's nice the d are jumping in on offense, but in their own end they need to jump on loose pucks or opposing playesr who have it.
Richards sucks

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Oct 17, 2009
Rube2, let me see if this will help you understand it a little better. You see my dear fellow Wild fan, what you seeing now is coach Richards' brand of hockey called "up-tempo". In this new and exciting style....haha.... what the Wild is trying to do is try to rush down ice with the entire team and hope we score, but if we loose the puck on a turnover, or during a bad line change, then well.... the thought process here is that well....we still have our goalie by himself back there, hopefully he can make an incredible save on a break away chance. In this new "kick-a.s.s" offense (copyrights: Baldie Brad Childress)of "Up-tempo" style, playing defense is an option, NOT a requirement. I hope this helps buddy. Go Wild!!

TC Florida

Apopka, FL

#3 Oct 17, 2009
Harding is probably not the goalie the team thought he was - so Backstrom will be overworked again, unless the team is statistically eliminated early.
Gopherpuckfan

Mankato, MN

#4 Oct 17, 2009
I agree. Richard's style would work IF we had some amazing offensive players. But we don't have any superstars on our team anymore. As whiny as Gaborik was, he had enough offensive quality that we could play as a defensive team.
guy

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Oct 17, 2009
This is a bad, bad team. To all those half wits who wanted Lemaire out- careful what you wish for. The Wild replaced a hall of fame caliber coach with a guy who's in way over his head.
Larry of Lakeville

Duluth, MN

#6 Oct 17, 2009
Don't worry, the Wilds will come home to sold out crowds eager to spend money on overpriced jerseys and caps. All the while putting another inferior team on the ice.

All is well in St. Paul. Move along now.
Down Hill

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 17, 2009
Ha! Ha!

That's what happens when you don't have a superstar player,
a new system and new coaching & staff.

Looks like 4-5 years of rebuilding through the draft again for
that superstar.

I'm selling my season tickets online for awhile to make a few
bucks until they start showing life!!!!
Tom Shakopee

Shakopee, MN

#8 Oct 17, 2009
This team is horrible. The former GM and his scouts ran the Wild into the ground. They are lucky they sold as many tickets as they did. They are in the bottom 5 of the NHL.
Whiny Fans

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Oct 17, 2009
Gopherpuckfan wrote:
I agree. Richard's style would work IF we had some amazing offensive players. But we don't have any superstars on our team anymore. As whiny as Gaborik was, he had enough offensive quality that we could play as a defensive team.
WHINY GABORIK??????

The fans where the whiny B****ches who wanted the injury ridden
offensive minded guru out!

And remember how could he whine when most fans say his English
is sub-par to theirs!

You get what you asked for!
Al Coholica

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Oct 17, 2009
It seems like they are doing a good job offensively, but forget they have to play physical in front of the net. That goal from Penner off of the pass was totally irresponsible from Zidlicky. Horrible D. Remind these guys they need to be physical and take people out. We are not going to be a run and gun team that doesn't check people. Our D players are really struggling in this new system. They think they are forwards now and don't have to be responsible and tough anymore.
Al Coholica

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Oct 17, 2009
Richards sucks wrote:
Rube2, let me see if this will help you understand it a little better. You see my dear fellow Wild fan, what you seeing now is coach Richards' brand of hockey called "up-tempo". In this new and exciting style....haha.... what the Wild is trying to do is try to rush down ice with the entire team and hope we score, but if we loose the puck on a turnover, or during a bad line change, then well.... the thought process here is that well....we still have our goalie by himself back there, hopefully he can make an incredible save on a break away chance. In this new "kick-a.s.s" offense (copyrights: Baldie Brad Childress)of "Up-tempo" style, playing defense is an option, NOT a requirement. I hope this helps buddy. Go Wild!!
I think your mistaken. They are playing the exact style that the champion Pens are playing. We just don't have the experience with the system or the players yet. I'm very impressed with the uptempo so far. I think it is showing promise, but our defense still needs to be physical and we need one or two guys who can finish with the puck. It will happen... just not this year.
Frankn

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 17, 2009
They should be called the Minnesota Child and they are not bullies but care about the opponent's feelings. Notice that when the Child pulled within 1 goal in the 3rd period that they moved the players to near the blue line in the defensive zone so that the Edmonton players and fans wouldn't get thier feelings hurt any more than they were at the time. And the strategy worked.
Mike

Saint Cloud, MN

#13 Oct 17, 2009
Like I said about the up tempo idea the new coach had..."you can't turn a dozen third line checkers into Bobby Hulls" It's going to take a couple of years to re-make this team into what Todd Richards wants. And as bad as it sounds, a bad year means a high draft choice, and someone who can provide some offense right away.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Oct 17, 2009
Maybe the Wild don't want to come back to St Paul. A lot of fans are pretty peeved at them right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andy Hilbert Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Wild players defend their speed (Oct '09) Oct '09 Jack Hammer 8
News Wild get Petr Sykora back, lose Kim Johnsson (Oct '09) Oct '09 TC Florida 5
News Minnesota Wild look past rough road trip (Oct '09) Oct '09 TC Florida 2
News Islanders complete weekend sweep at Coliseum (Mar '09) Mar '09 TheMetalChick 85
News Time ticks down on trade for Isles' Guerin (Mar '09) Mar '09 jafo 35
News Islanders deal Guerin to Penguins for draft pick (Mar '09) Mar '09 Village Idiot 13
News Time ticks down on trade for Isles' Guerin (Mar '09) Mar '09 McCoo 15
More from around the web