First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Roseanne Packard

El Cerrito, CA

#41 Oct 9, 2012
My Kenmore 158.523 use to run fine. Then I got busy and it has lain unused for about 15 years. Now it's oiled and running, but the material is NOT going through.
The feed dogs go up and down but not back and forth. Is this normal? Could this be the problem?
Any ideas? Thanks.
Petie near Gainesville

Gainesville, FL

#42 Nov 16, 2012
Greg W wrote:
I have one a friend asked me to put on Craigslist. I could use the cabinet for another sewing machine if someone needs parts from this model.
I know this is an old post from you...but you wouldn't happen to still have the Sears Kenmore sewing machine still, would you? My Mom gave me hers when she moved and she lost the foot pedal thinking it was no big deal until we tried to plug it in only to find that the power cord to the machine motor also connects to the foot pedal. So now I am on the search for the foot pedal/power cord. You could get back to me by emailing me... imjustme5977@yahoo.com
Thanks for your time,
Petie
Jen

Coeur D Alene, ID

#43 Jul 25, 2013
I have a kenmore 158.523 for sale $180.00+shipping if anyone is interested. jendiaz1980@gmail.com
HIGHER

Liberty Lake, WA

#45 Apr 6, 2014
I have one like that #158.523 [kenmore sewing machine] except i dont know how to put the knee control in place. you know how?
earline

Orlando, FL

#46 Aug 12, 2014
Someone gave me a Kenmore sewing machine # 36 without a manual and I would really like to have a manual. I have looked on the Kenmore website, but nothing for a #36. Suggestions please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sewing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Georgetown sewing machine and vacuum offers tai... Aug '14 Champions For Change 1
Russia's Boom Business: Forced Labor In Prisons Aug '14 SOVIET MISERY RET... 4
Sewing with Nancy Jul '14 StephDad 1
Twin Cities sewing classes aid new generation t... May '14 Sangelia 1
Free Machine Embroidery Designs! (Mar '09) Mar '14 Rudolph Barnard 4
Quilting Work Shop (Mar '14) Mar '14 OlPapaw 9
Vintage kenmore worth its 158 523 with table? (Feb '14) Feb '14 Light2200 1

Sewing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE