First Prev
of 3
Next Last
connorsmomma

Bowling Green, KY

#1 Sep 3, 2007
My husband picked up a Kenmore sewing machine model number 158.523 and he thought it might be worth something. i told him I didn't think so, but would try to find out. Does anyone know if this machine is worth anything? Thanks
sandi smith

Towson, MD

#2 Oct 13, 2007
connorsmomma wrote:
My husband picked up a Kenmore sewing machine model number 158.523 and he thought it might be worth something. i told him I didn't think so, but would try to find out. Does anyone know if this machine is worth anything? Thanks
Hi,
I have that machine and only use it because it was my Mom's. They sell for 25-55 now a days. The computerized machines have taken over. Do you have the cams (discs that should be inside the top)? If so they can be sold as parts and I would but if you have them?
Sandi Smith
sandi smith

Towson, MD

#3 Oct 24, 2007
connorsmomma wrote:
LET ME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO SELL, i NEED PARTS FOR MINE, SANDI SMITH
SANDI.SMITH@VERIZON.NET
Mike Boatright

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Mar 13, 2008
I have one for sale. It belonged to my grandmother, it is just sitting around not being used. How much would you be willing to pay?
Ann Adams

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Jul 31, 2008
I have one I bought when I was pregnant with my daughter 44 years ago, and it still works perfectly. I bought a new Singer machine a few years ago, and I hated it, and went back to my Kenmore. The best thing about it is that it's in a table with a knee control.
florella broyles

Clovis, NM

#6 Aug 31, 2008
i just saw one on e baY FOR 125.00 I JUST BOUGHT ONE AT AN AUCTION FOR 25.00 . IT IS A GOOD MACHINE AND WILL BE COLLECTABLE LATER .
Deb Dalton

Glenolden, PA

#7 Jan 3, 2009
connorsmomma wrote:
I need parts for mine I know they are very old but not sure of what they are worth
Urusa

Kissimmee, FL

#8 Aug 25, 2009
I need an owners manual for mine. Can someone help me?
JMontoya

Victorville, CA

#9 Sep 22, 2009
I pick one up myself,I just finish working on the wood cabinet,evrything else looks good but I need some parts as well...
Greg W

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#10 May 25, 2010
I have one a friend asked me to put on Craigslist. I could use the cabinet for another sewing machine if someone needs parts from this model.
Jennifer

United States

#11 May 25, 2010
connorsmomma wrote:
so i bought the sam3e sewing machine and i have no clue but i am trying to find more info and it seems this model is rare as it has nno manual i cn find
Jennifer

United States

#12 May 25, 2010
so i bought the same model 158.523 and after going to sew usa i can not find the manual or any info on the price i think we may have something not very many peole have!!
Jennifer

United States

#13 May 25, 2010
Mine is in a great cabinet and is working in great condition just need to know how to thread it
Samantha

Shepherdsville, KY

#14 Jun 4, 2010
Urusa wrote:
I need an owners manual for mine. Can someone help me?
I uploaded a manual to http://www.manualsonline.com/

email me if you want me to try and attach the pdf and send it to you.
inquery904@insightbb.com
in the subject line make sure you put Kenmore Manual so I don't mistake it for spam.
Lady Charlie

United States

#15 Jun 7, 2010
I just picked up one with cabinet from trash. Mechanically looks like was never used. I found the decorative cams, monogram cam set & a button hole maker about five years ago at a thrift shop got all for less than $10. Knew sooner or later would find machine, but didn't expect it for free!!! I believe these machines were probably made by the same company that made the Brother, Montgomery Wards, western Auto etc machines. Standard bobbins should fit. To thread spool pin to loop at top left back then to loop at top left front, hook behind guide above tension discs, around tension discs, up in front hook of guide,thru eye of thread pulling arm( the part that goes up & down left front top of machine) in front of light cover down to thread guide on it's bottom, to needle thread guide into needle. Bobbin should be put into bobbin case thread slipped behind tension plate on case. Bobbin should tire clockwise when you pull thread. Bobbin case tension should let bobbin drop a few inches when you hold thread & give it a slight bounce
Peggy - Kenmore Manual

Medford, OR

#16 Sep 11, 2010
Samantha, I am unable to find the manual for Kenmore Sewing Machine 158.523. Are you still willing to share? Awaiting your response, thank you.
piller51@msn.com
Samantha wrote:
<quoted text>
I uploaded a manual to http://www.manualsonline.com/
email me if you want me to try and attach the pdf and send it to you.
inquery904@insightbb.com
in the subject line make sure you put Kenmore Manual so I don't mistake it for spam.
Debbie

United States

#17 Oct 24, 2010
I'm trying to find out what a Kenmore sewing machine Model 52 #158.523 is worth with everything. Comes in cabinet#1173061 with a chair that has a drawer uderneath. It has been setting for about 20 years not being used.
Debbie

United States

#18 Oct 26, 2010
connorsmomma wrote:
Did you find anything out on this machine?
Carmen

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Oct 30, 2010
I am looking for the cams that go to this machine does anyone know where you can get them?
Linda

Lynbrook, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2010
I have one on ebay, look up seller name samslinda on ebay. I would like it picked up, if you have a creative way to ship it, or will pay the UPS store directly, I will drive it there, Seems like a nice machine...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sewing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halton Hills Sewing Machine and Vacuum Service Apr 8 Gtown power out a... 2
News Bring that old sewing machine back to life with... Apr 8 hydro needs back ... 1
Recommend the best stores sewing machines in Ne... Dec '14 oskarvajld 1
News Georgetown sewing machine and vacuum offers tai... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Champions For Change 1
News Russia's Boom Business: Forced Labor In Prisons (Aug '14) Aug '14 SOVIET MISERY RET... 4
News Sewing with Nancy (Jul '14) Jul '14 StephDad 1
News Twin Cities sewing classes aid new generation t... (May '14) May '14 Sangelia 1
More from around the web