Wounded Soldiers Receive Quilted Care...

Wounded Soldiers Receive Quilted Care Packages

There are 5 comments on the www.topix.net story from Jul 6, 2007, titled Wounded Soldiers Receive Quilted Care Packages. In it, www.topix.net reports that:

Arriving at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany is disorienting and surreal - stranded halfway between your family from the battlefield and your family back home. via wjz.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.topix.net.

Kim

Corona, CA

#1 Jul 6, 2007
I am glad to see that so many quilts are being sent to support our wounded military. I too make them and send them through an organization which forwards them to Germany. I can only make one a month, but ultimately an army of quilters can and does help our large military. Hooah!!!

Since: Jul 07

United States

#2 Aug 1, 2007
I do not belong to an organization or even a quilting guild. But I would like to donate quilts. How would I go about doing so?

“Quilting is a spectator sport!”

Since: Jun 07

Chanute

#3 Aug 2, 2007
Usually quilting guilds or other groups make quilts, but the Veteran's Hospitals would never turn away lap quilts for wounded soldiers. Contact the VFW hospital nearest you. One note you might want to consider, these are young men and women who are usually athletic and tall, so lap quilts should be a bit longer and wider than a typical lap quilt. Someone in my quilting guild told me about that.

Since: Jul 07

Chouteau, OK

#4 Aug 3, 2007
mccoy345 wrote:
Usually quilting guilds or other groups make quilts, but the Veteran's Hospitals would never turn away lap quilts for wounded soldiers. Contact the VFW hospital nearest you. One note you might want to consider, these are young men and women who are usually athletic and tall, so lap quilts should be a bit longer and wider than a typical lap quilt. Someone in my quilting guild told me about that.
Thanks for the heads-up.I will look int it. I quilt for the sheer pleasure of it. But what to do with the quilts once they are finnished? I usually just find someone to give them to.

“Quilting is a spectator sport!”

Since: Jun 07

Chanute

#6 Aug 16, 2007
Kim, can you share the name of the organization that takes your quilts? Tell us more about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quilting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crossville quilters make quilts for veterans Jun '16 sandy 1
News Quilts of Valor May '16 Badorganization 1
New site to sell a quilt (Jul '06) Mar '16 Cheryl 43
News 2nd quilt show may give city big boost Mar '16 Oh yeah 1
News All-America quilt to be on display (Feb '16) Feb '16 Now we know 4
News Sewing Gallery Getting Ready For Its Grand Opening (Feb '11) Jan '16 debra r 13
Poll What is you favorite quilting sewing machine? (Oct '14) Jul '15 Xelly 11
More from around the web