Does A Model Train Collector Have To ...

Does A Model Train Collector Have To Actually Run His Trains?

There are 2 comments on the WYYW-FM Meridian story from Feb 23, 2009, titled Does A Model Train Collector Have To Actually Run His Trains?. In it, WYYW-FM Meridian reports that:

Collectors exist for almost every object and hobby in the world. They're the ones who drive the costs of that first-issue Batman comic through the roof and the ones who simply 'must have' that rare item that no ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYYW-FM Meridian.

boomerpete n kansas

Hays, KS

#1 Feb 23, 2009
There are two types of basic train guys! there is the one that has to have it just to have it, these are what i call collector's. it don't matter to them that it will or will not ever "ROLL DOWN THE TRACKS" it's just having the thing that is FUN.
On the other hand, a Modeler is the guy that will buy stuff and place on his "LAYOUT" table, these are the guys that want to have the "HANDS ON FUN" I am one of those. if i wanted to build something that didn't have action in the end, i would have just made plastic models and detailed them to the hilt.
nether group is in the right! we need all of them to enjoy our hobbie.
Fran in sunnyvale ca

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Looking for information on MARX trains. I've just started looking at the tin deco style trains. I am looking for a booklet on the MARX vintage deco style engine and tenders. Could anyone recommend where I can find. I would appreciate anything. If you get a chance check out my blog

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Models Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Listening to women: A roundtable discussion abo... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Barry 1
News Model train show aims to impress (Oct '14) Oct '14 Medewiwin 1
News Seniors build miniature 1950s railroad to recre... (Mar '14) Mar '14 George Perot 1
News Kids at Ohio History Center have fun with toys ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Allen Butcher 1
News Trains chugging in for the holidays (Nov '13) Nov '13 Mick 2
News Riding the rails in Spring Hill (Oct '12) Oct '13 memories 7
News Best bets for this weekend: Playing in the snow... (Dec '10) Oct '13 FredericSuisse 2
More from around the web