East Hartford's Branchline Creates Mi...

East Hartford's Branchline Creates Mini Railroad Worlds

There are 5 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 7, 2008, titled East Hartford's Branchline Creates Mini Railroad Worlds. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

In a nondescript building in an industrial part of town, Bill Schneider lives the model train buff's dream every day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Model Ralroader

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Jun 8, 2008
Wow! I diidn't realize this company existed in my town. Thanks Courant for finding this industry.

I wonder how many other companys are out there that people didn't know existed? This should be a common feature of this newspapre every week.
OLD GOAT Saybrook

Woburn, MA

#2 Jun 8, 2008
What scale are these models built to?

G HO OO N Z or Maarklin .Would be interesting to learn as I have a large G scale lay out that I would like to sell or give to a 501 (c3)
ricbee

Shelton, CT

#5 Jun 8, 2008
I guess all is not doom & gloom.
Jeff

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2008
Awesome although not a real train collector or builder of layouts it is refreshing to hear you can find great American made products, hope they do very well going forward.
Tacdab

United States

#7 Jun 9, 2008
I am a model train dealer and I agree with the writer. Branchline creates some great kits and my customers love their quality. They will sometimes wait over a year for the kits to come out. Once my customers try one of their kits they become loyal to the great quality of Branchline.
They especially like the fact that they are made right here in our own country, THE USA and our own back yard, CT.
Great work Branchline.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Models Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trainspotting with the Model Railroad Club of T... (May '16) May '16 Leslie 1
News Listening to women: A roundtable discussion abo... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Barry 1
News Model train show aims to impress (Oct '14) Oct '14 Medewiwin 1
News Seniors build miniature 1950s railroad to recre... (Mar '14) Mar '14 George Perot 1
News Kids at Ohio History Center have fun with toys ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Allen Butcher 1
News Trains chugging in for the holidays (Nov '13) Nov '13 Mick 2
News Riding the rails in Spring Hill (Oct '12) Oct '13 memories 7
More from around the web